Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- What is a registered dietitian nutritionist? Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.https://www.eatrightpro.org/about-us/what-is-an-rdn-and-dtr/what-is-a-registered-dietitian-nutritionistDate accessed: July 9, 2020
- Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.(Updated May)https://www.eatrightpro.org/-/media/eatrightpro-files/practice/scope-standards-of-practice/20190910-academy-definition-of-terms-list.pdfDate: 2020Date accessed: August 5, 2020
- Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.https://www.eatrightpro.org/acend/program-directors/program-directors-faqs/2024-graduate-degree-requirementDate accessed: July 15, 2020
- Commission on Dietetic Registration.(February)https://admin.cdrnet.org/vault/2459/web/Graduate%20Degree%20FAQ%202-2020.pdfDate: 2020Date accessed: July 15, 2020
- Compensation and Benefits Survey 2021.J Acad Nutr Diet. 2021; 121: 2314-2331
- Dietetics education program statistics 1998-2020. Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.https://www.eatrightpro.org/acend/about-acend/acend-dataDate accessed: June 24, 2021
- Academic leadership: Gatekeeping or groundskeeping?.JVBL. 2020; 13: 1-15
Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics. Didactic Programs in Dietetics. Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. Accessed July 22, 2020. https://www.eatrightpro.org/acend/accredited-programs/didactic-programs-in-dietetics
- Dietetic Internships. Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.https://www.eatrightpro.org/acend/accredited-programs/dietetic-internshipsDate accessed: July 22, 2020
- Percent change in number of openings, applicants, and applicants matched to DI programs participating in computer matching process (April/November). Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.https://www.eatrightpro.org/-/media/eatrightpro-files/acend/computer-matching-statistics.pdf?la=en&hash=5405AC02C5E066A8ADA12FFD9772DAFD3980323ADate accessed: June 24, 2021
- Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.https://www.eatrightpro.org/-/media/eatrightpro-files/acend/about-acend/acend-data/19952021-program-enrollment-trends.pdf?la=en&hash=6B3000D3594AAFCB146B4E5FCBBA2AD972D66FECDate accessed: September 21, 2021
- Strengthen Your Opportunities to become a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist.https://www.eatrightpro.org/acend/students-and-advancing-education/application-process-for-students/strengthen-your-opportunities-to-become-a-registered-dietitianDate: 2022Date accessed: August 16, 2022
- Diversity in dietetics matters: Experiences and obstacles en route to registered dietitian practice.J Crit Diet. 2019; 4: 38-50
- US military dietetic internship and graduate program: Retrospective analysis of selection criteria and student success.J Acad Nutr Diet. 2018; 118: 1057-1064
- Undergraduate nursing program admission criteria: A scoping review of the literature.Nurse Educ Today. 2020; 92: 104519
- Criteria for acceptance to preprofessional dietetics programs vs desired qualities of professionals: An analysis.J Am Diet Assoc. 1995; 95: 77-81
- Investigating approaches to diversity in a national survey of physics doctoral degree programs: The graduate admissions landscape.Phys Rev Phys Educ Res. 2017; 13: 020142
- Validity and reliability testing of a short questionnaire developed to assess consumers’ use, understanding and perception of food labels.Eur J Clin Nutr. 2010; 64: 210-217
- Qualtrics.https://www.qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/survey-module/survey-tools/survey-tools-overview/Date accessed: August 25, 2022
- Title 45 Public Welfare. Part 46 Protection of Human Subjects.https://www.hhs.gov/ohrp/sites/default/files/ohrp/policy/ohrpregulations.pdfDate accessed: August 25, 2022
SPSS [computer program]. Version 27.0. IBM Corp; 2020.
- Qualitative Research for Education: An Introduction to Theories and Methods.5th ed. Pearson, 2007
- Dietetic Internship Centralized Application Services.https://help.liaisonedu.com/DICAS_Applicant_Help_Center/Starting_Your_DICAS_Application/Getting_Started_with_Your_DICAS_Application/What's_New_in_DICASDate accessed: July 8, 2021
- DI matching home.https://www.dnddigital.com/ada/Date accessed: July 8, 2021
- Educational Testing Service.https://www.ets.org/gre/revised_general/register/feesDate accessed: July 9, 2021
- Review of racially equitable admissions practices in STEM doctoral programs.Educ Sci. 2021; 11: 270
- Institutional interventions that remove barriers to recruit and retain diverse biomedical PhD students.CBE Life Sci Educ. 2018; 17: ar27
- Minimizing unconscious bias in nursing school admission.J Nurs Educ. 2021; 60: 317-323
- Impact of holistic review on student interview pool diversity.Adv Health Sci Educ. 2018; 23: 487-498
- Holistic admissions in nursing: We can do this.J Prof Nurs. 2016; 32: 306-313
- Holistic Admissions in the Health Professions.(September)http://urbanuniversitiesforhealth.org/medi/documents/Holistic_Admissions_in_the_Health_Professions.pdfDate: 2014Date accessed: July 28, 2020
- Nutrition and Dietetic Educators and Preceptors, Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.https://www.eatrightstore.org/product-type/books/applicant-guide-to-supervised-practice-2021-2022Date accessed: July 26, 2022
- Nutrition and Dietetic Educators and Preceptors, Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.https://nutrition.tamu.edu/wp-content/uploads/sites/124/2020/10/Applicant-Guide-Supervised-Practice-2020-2021-FINAL.pdfDate accessed: August 16, 2022
Publication stageIn Press Corrected Proof
STATEMENT OF POTENTIAL CONFLICT OF INTEREST No potential conflict of interest was reported by the authors.
FUNDING/SUPPORT There is no funding to disclose.
AUTHOR CONTRIBUTIONS E. Card and E. Vaterlaus Patten developed the study. D. P. Williams and S. Gunnell Bellini provided feedback on during study instrument development. E. Card and E. Vaterlaus Patten collected data and conducted data analysis. E. Vaterlaus Patten mentored E. Card who wrote the initial manuscript draft. D. P. Williams and S. Gunnell Bellini revised the manuscript. All authors have approved the final draft.