Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Energy intakes of US children and adults by food purchase location and by specific food source.Nutr J. 2013; 12: 1
- Fast food intake among children and adolescents in the United States, 2015–2018.NCHS Data Brief. 2020; 375: 1-8
- Consistent dietary patterns identified from childhood to adulthood: The cardiovascular risk in Young Finns Study.Br J Nutr. 2005; 93: 923-931
- Development of healthy eating habits early in life: Review of recent evidence and selected guidelines.Appetite. 2011; 57: 796-807
- Effects of fast-food consumption on energy intake and diet quality among children in a national household survey.Pediatrics. 2004; 113: 112-118
- Child and adolescent fast-food choice and the influence of calorie labeling: A natural experiment.Int J Obesity. 2011; 35: 493-500
- A pilot and feasibility study to assess children’s consumption in quick-service restaurants using plate waste methodology.BMC Public Health. 2017; 17: 259
- Effects of a randomized intervention promoting healthy children's meals on children's ordering and dietary intake in a quick-service restaurant.Physiol Behav. 2018; 192: 109-117
- Mobile Fact Sheet.https://www.pewresearch.org/internet/fact-sheet/mobile/Date accessed: December 14, 2021
- Digital photography as a tool to measure school cafeteria consumption.J School Health. 2008; 78: 432-437
- Digital photography: A new method for estimating food intake in cafeteria settings.Eating and Weight Disorders: Studies on Anorexia, Bulimia and Obesity. 2004; 9: 24-28
- Image-assisted dietary assessment: A systematic review of the evidence.J Acad Nutr Diet. 2015; 115: 64-77
- Reliability and validity of digital imaging as a measure of schoolchildren's fruit and vegetable consumption.J Acad Nutr Diet. 2014; 114: 1359-1366
- Using photography in ‘The Restaurant of the Future’: A useful way to assess portion selection and plate cleaning?.Appetite. 2013; 63: 31-35
- Comparison of digital photography to weighed and visual estimation of portion sizes.J Am Diet Assoc. 2003; 103: 1139-1145
- Measurement of children's food intake with digital photography and the effects of second servings upon food intake.Eating Behaviors. 2007; 8: 148-156
- A novel method to remotely measure food intake of free-living individuals in real time: The remote food photography method.Br J Nutr. 2009; 101: 446-456
- United States Department of Agriculture, 1973 Energy value of foods: Basis and derivation.
- Accuracy of stated energy contents of restaurant foods.JAMA. 2011; 306: 287-293
- Measuring individual plate waste in school lunches: Visual estimation and children's ratings vs. actual weighing of plate waste.J Am Diet Assoc. 1981; 79: 290-296
- Salad bars and fruit and vegetable consumption in elementary schools: A plate waste study.J Am Diet Assoc. 2005; 105: 1789-1792
- Weighed plate waste can accurately measure children's energy consumption from food in quick-service restaurants.J Nutr. 2020; 150: 404-410
- The accuracy of stated energy contents of reduced-energy, commercially prepared foods.J Am Diet Assoc. 2010; 110: 116-123
- Intraclass correlations: uses in assessing rater reliability.Psychol Bull. 1979; 86: 420
- Assessment of interobserver reliability in nutrition studies that use direct observation of school meals.J Am Diet Assoc. 2004; 104: 1385-1392
- Measurement reliability and agreement in psychiatry.Stat Methods Med Res. 1998; 7: 301-317
- Reliability and accuracy of real-time visualization techniques for measuring school cafeteria tray waste: Validating the quarter-waste method.J Acad Nutr Diet. 2014; 114: 470-474
- Validity and reliability of a simple, low-cost measure to quantify children's dietary intake in afterschool settings.J Acad Nutr Dietetics. 2015; 115: 426-432
- Effectiveness of a canteen take away concept in promoting healthy eating patterns among employees.Public Health Nutr. 2012; 15: 452-458
- Validity of the Remote Food Photography Method (RFPM) for estimating energy and nutrient intake in near real-time.Obesity. 2012; 20: 891-899
- Effectiveness of offering healthy labelled meals in improving the nutritional quality of lunch meals eaten in a worksite canteen.Appetite. 2014; 75: 128-134
Publication stageIn Press Corrected Proof
STATEMENT OF POTENTIAL CONFLICT OF INTEREST No potential conflict of interest was reported by the authors.
FUNDING/SUPPORT Supported by the JPB Foundation and the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation . The funders played no role in the design, conduct, analysis, or interpretation of the data, nor did they contribute to manuscript preparation, review, or approval.