Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Definition of Terms List. Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.(Published February 2021. Accessed June 10, 2022)https://www.eatrightpro.org/-/media/eatrightpro-files/practice/scope-standards-of-practice/academydotlist.pdf?la=en&hash=ABB5F066CB33E3CD5B5998F460937A1265E897E6
- Diet-related disparities: Understanding the problem and accelerating solutions.J Am Diet Assoc. 2009; 109: 610-615
- Ethics opinion: Eliminating dietetics-related inequalities.J Am Diet Assoc. 2011; 111: 307-309
- Revisions to the Code of Ethics for the Nutrition and Dietetics Profession.J Acad Nutr Diet. 2018; 118: 1764-1767
- Code of Ethics for the Nutrition and Dietetics Profession. Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.(Published June 2018. Accessed February 2022)
- Essential Practice Competencies for the Commission on Dietetic Registration’s Credentialed Nutrition and Dietetics Practitioners. Commission on Dietetic Registration.(Updated March 2021. Accessed June 10, 2022)
- Dietetic training: Understanding racial inequity in power and privilege.J Acad Nutr Diet. 2021; 121: 1437-1440
- Cultural humility and hospital safety culture.J Clin Psychol Med Settings. 2016; 23: 402-409
Civil Rights Requirements. A. Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, 42 U.S.C. 2000d et seq. (“Title VI”). US Department of Health and Human Services. Accessed June 10, 2022. https://www.hhs.gov/civil-rights/for-individuals/special-topics/needy-families/civil-rights-requirements/index.html
- US Department of Health and Human Services.https://thinkculturalhealth.hhs.gov/clas/standardsDate accessed: February 22, 2022
- Social health inequalities and eHealth: A literature review with qualitative synthesis of theoretical and empirical studies.J Med Internet Res. 2017; 19: e136https://doi.org/10.2196/jmir.6731
- Integrated measures of health literacy, language access, and cultural competency would improve health care quality and value.Stud Health Technol Inform. 2020; 269: 561-574
- Change drivers and trends driving the profession: A prelude to the Visioning Report 2017. Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, Council on Future Practice.(Updated September 2016. Accessed June 10, 2022)https://www.eatrightpro.org/-/media/eatrightpro-files/leadership/volunteering/committee-leader-resources/changedriversandtrendsdrivingtheprofessionreport.pdf?la=en&hash=72EFFC0E3FFFA5D6F103D77F30B2316DB3148EED
- Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics Education Program Statistics 1998-2021. Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics.(Accessed March 2022)https://www.eatrightpro.org/-/media/eatrightpro-files/acend/1998-2021-diversity-enrollment-trends.pdf?la=en&hash=3A38CB5A7E98EADB04C84E415BA1B4D62DE8A636
- Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Access Committee.(Accessed February 2022)
- Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.(Accessed February 2022)
- FNCE 2020 session: Ethical implications for social responsibility and fairness. October 2020.(Accessed February 2022)https://www.eatrightstore.org/collections/fnce-2020/ethical-implications-for-social-responsibility-and-fairness
- Demographic turning points for the United States: Population projections for 2020 to 2060. Current Population Report.(Updated February 2020. Accessed June 10, 2022)
- Racial and Ethnic Health Disparities and Chronic Disease Issue Brief. Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.(Published January 2021. Accessed Accessed June 10, 2022.)https://www.eatrightpro.org/-/media/eatrightpro-files/advocacy/racial-and-ethnic-health-disparities-and-chronic-disease.pdf?la=en&hash=2E523427C162FD0E8B1A6E91313356137A55A01A
- Advancing equity: The Academy's commitment to supporting inclusion, diversity, equity, and access.J Acad Nutr Diet. 2022; 122: 159-165
- Academy Mission, Vision, and Principles. Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.(Accessed June 10, 2022)
Recognition is given to the following individuals for their contributions: Members of the 2021-2022 Ethics Committee (Karen P. Lacey, MS, RDN, CD FAND, Chair; Nina L. Roofe, PhD, RDN, LD, FAND; Linda S. Heller, MS, RD, CSP, CLC, FAND); and Jill Balla Kohn, MS, RDN, LDN (Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, Chicago, IL).
Reviewers: Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Access (IDEA) Committee Chairs (2021-2022): Sitoya Raquel Mansell, MPH, MS, MCHES, RDN, FAND, Chair; Judith C. Rodriguez, PhD, RDN, LDN, FADA, FAND, Vice-chair; Mary Lee Chin, MS, RDN, Past chair.