Main outcome measure
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.(Published 2021)https://www.eatrightpro.org/researchDate accessed: February 24, 2021
- Predictors for research involvement among registered dietitians.J Am Diet Assoc. 2006; 106: 2008-2015
- Effect of modified Atkins diet in adults with drug-resistant focal epilepsy: A randomized clinical trial.Epilepsia. 2018; 59: 1567-1576
- A randomized controlled trial of the ketogenic diet in refractory childhood epilepsy.Acta Neurol Scand. 2017; 135: 231-239
- Ketogenic diet for the treatment of pediatric epilepsy: Review and meta-analysis.Childs Nerv Syst. 2020; 36: 1099-1109
- Management of glioblastoma multiforme in a patient treated with ketogenic metabolic therapy and modified standard of care: A 24-month follow-up.Front Nutr. 2018; 5: 20
- Consuming a ketogenic diet while receiving radiation and chemotherapy for locally advanced lung cancer and pancreatic cancer: The University of Iowa experience of two phase 1 clinical trials.Radiat Res. 2017; 187: 743-754
- Effects of a medium-chain triglyceride-based ketogenic formula on cognitive function in patients with mild-to-moderate Alzheimer's disease.Neurosci Lett. 2019; 690: 232-236
- Changes in regional cerebral blood flow associated with a 45 day course of the ketogenic agent, caprylidene, in patients with mild to moderate Alzheimer's disease: Results of a randomized, double-blinded, pilot study.Exp Gerontol. 2018; 111: 118-121
- Not your parents' ketogenic diet - Flexibility in 2020.Epilepsy Res. 2020; 162: 106307
- Practice Paper of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics: Classic and modified ketogenic diets for treatment of epilepsy.J Acad Nutr Diet. 2017; 117: 1279-1292
- The REDCap Consortium: Building an international community of software platform partners.J Biomed Inform. 2019; 95: 103208
- Research Electronic Data Capture (REDCap)—A metadata-driven methodology and workflow process for providing translational research informatics support.J Biomed Inform. 2009; 42: 377-381
The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996. Pub L 104-191. Stat 1936 (2014).
- Applying social cognitive career theory to registered dietitian research involvement: A randomized controlled trial.J Allied Health. 2014; 43: 201-211
- Opportunities for research-oriented dietitians.J Am Diet Assoc. 1990; 90: 1531-1534
- Progressive bone mineral content loss in children with intractable epilepsy treated with the ketogenic diet.Am J Clin Nutr. 2008; 88: 1678-1684
- Long-term effects of a ketogenic diet on body composition and bone mineralization in GLUT-1 deficiency syndrome: A case series.Nutrition. 2014; 30: 726-728
- The ketogenic diet and its effect on bone mineral density: A retrospective observational cohort study.Neuropediatrics. 2019; 50: 353-358
- The effect of the ketogenic diet on the developing skeleton.Epilepsy Res. 2017; 136: 62-66
- Prospective study of growth and bone mass in Swedish children treated with the modified Atkins diet.Eur J Paediatr Neurol. 2019; 23: 629-638
- Why registered dietitian nutritionists are not doing research-perceptions, barriers, and participation in research from the Academy's Dietetics Practice-Based Research Network Needs Assessment Survey.J Acad Nutr Diet. 2015; 115: 1001-1007
- Renal dietitians' self-perceptions on research participation: A pilot study.J Ren Nutr. 2008; 18: 389-392
- Optimal clinical management of children receiving dietary therapies for epilepsy: Updated recommendations of the International Ketogenic Diet Study Group.Epilepsia Open. 2018; 3: 175-192
- Involvement in research activities and factors influencing research capacity among dietitians.J Hum Nutr Diet. 2013; 26: 180-187
- A Standardized Terminology to Ensure Optimal Nutrition Care. Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.http://www.ncpro.orgDate accessed: July 28, 2021
- Sustaining teaching hospitals. Association of American Medical Colleges.(Updated 2021)https://www.aamc.org/news-insights/teaching-hospital-sustainabilityDate accessed: July 28, 2021
- Embedding research in clinical practice: Differences in attitudes to research participation among clinicians in a tertiary teaching hospital.Intern Med J. 2014; 44: 86-89
- Characteristics and drivers of the registered dietitian nutritionist's sustained involvement in clinical research activities: A mixed methods study.J Acad Nutr Diet. 2019; 119: 2099-2108
- Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.eatrightpro.org/research/projects-tools-and-initiatives/nutrition-research-networkDate accessed: July 28, 2021
STATEMENT OF POTENTIAL CONFLICT OF INTEREST No potential conflict of interest was reported by the authors.
FUNDING/SUPPORT There is no funding to disclose.
AUTHOR CONTRIBUTIONS All authors made contributions to the conception and design of the study. J. Lowe and J. Brown made substantial contributions to the analysis and interpretation of data for the study. K. Klier and D. Hayes made contributions to the literature review and introduction. S. Sewak, L. Briceno Alliegro, and J. White made contributions to the discussion. J. Lowe and J. Brown were included in critically revising the manuscript for important intellectual content. All authors were involved in final approval of the version to be published and are in agreement to be accountable for all aspects of the work in ensuring that questions related to the accuracy or integrity of any part of the work are appropriately investigated and resolved.