Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Evidence-based medicine: Applications in dietetic practice.J Am Diet Assoc. 2002; 102: 1263-1272https://doi.org/10.1016/s0002-8223(02)90279-8
- Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics methodology for conducting systematic Reviews for the Evidence Analysis Library.J Acad Nutr Diet. 2016; 116: 311-318https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jand.2015.11.008
- Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Methodology for Developing Evidence-Based Nutrition Practice Guidelines.J Acad Nutr Diet. 2017; 117: 794-804https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jand.2016.07.011
- Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Nutrition Practice Guideline for type 1 and type 2 diabetes in adults: Nutrition intervention evidence reviews and recommendations.J Acad Nutr Diet. 2017; 117: 1637-1658https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jand.2017.03.022
- Academy Mission, Vision and principles. Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.(Updated 2020. Accessed March 5, 2021)
- Impact of diabetes prevention guideline adoption on health outcomes: A pragmatic implementation trial. J Acad Nutr Diet. Published online December 3, 2020.
- Natural language processing systems for capturing and standardizing unstructured clinical information: A systematic review.J Biomed Inform. 2017; 73: 14-29https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jbi.2017.07.012
- Natural language processing of clinical notes on chronic diseases: Systematic review.JMIR Med Inform. 2019; 7e12239https://doi.org/10.2196/12239
- Nutrition Care Process (NCP) update part 2: Developing and using the NCP terminology to demonstrate efficacy of nutrition care and related outcomes.J Acad Nutr Diet. 2019 May; 119: 840-855https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jand.2018.10.025
- Nutrition Care Process and Model update: Toward realizing people-centered care and outcomes management.J Acad Nutr Diet. 2017; 117: 2003-2014https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jand.2017.07.015
- Revising the Academy’s research priorities: Methods of the Research Priorities and Strategies Development Task Force, 2017-2019. J Acad Nutr Diet. Published online November 20, 2020.
- Health Measurement Scales: A Practical Guide to Their Development and Use.2nd ed. Oxford University Press, 1996
- Reliability and validity in a nutshell.J Clin Nurs. 2009; 18: 3237-3243https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2702.2009.02939.x
- Criterion validity.in: Michalos A.C. Encyclopedia of Quality of Life and Well-Being Research. Springer Netherlands, 2014: 1348
- Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Health Informatics Infrastructure (ANDHII): A pilot study on the documentation of the Nutrition Care Process and the usability of ANDHII by registered dietitian nutritionists.J Acad Nutr Diet. 2018; 118: 1966-1974https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jand.2018.03.013
- Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.(Published 2020. Accessed March 5, 2021)
- Coded Private Information or Specimens Use in Research, Guidance. US Department of Health and Human Services. Office for Human Research Protections.(Updated 2008. Accessed March 5, 2021)https://www.hhs.gov/ohrp/regulations-and-policy/guidance/research-involving-coded-private-information/index.html
- A standardized nutrition care process and language are essential components of a conceptual model to guide and document nutrition care and patient outcomes.J Am Diet Assoc. 2004; 104: 1878-1884https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jada.2004.10.015
- Nutrition care process chains: The "missing link" between research and evidence-based practice.J Acad Nutr Diet. 2015; 115: 1491-1498https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jand.2015.04.014
- A review of machine learning algorithms for text-documents classification.J Adv Inform Technol. 2010; 1: 4-20https://doi.org/10.4304/JAIT.1.1.4-20
- Handbook of Learning Analytics.1st ed. Society for Learning Analytics Research, 2017
- OILS Twitter Scraper [computer program]. Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License, 2014
- Microsoft Excel [computer program]. Version 2010. Microsoft, 2010
- Stata SE [computer program]. Version 16. StataCorp, 2019
- The measurement of observer agreement for categorical data.Biometrics. 1977; 33: 159-174
- Performance measures in evaluating machine learning based bioinformatics predictors for classifications.Quant Biol. 2016; : 320-330
- Electronic Nutrition Care Process Terminology (eNCPT). NCP step 2: Nutrition diagnosis. Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.(Updated 2020. Accessed March 5, 2021)
STATEMENT OF POTENTIAL CONFLICT OF INTEREST E. Lamers-Johnson, K. Kelley, and C. Papoutsakis are employees of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, which has a financial interest in the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Health Informatics Infrastructure platform and the Nutrition Care Process Terminology described in this article. E. Yakes Jimenez has a contract with the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. K. L. Knippen received the Diabetes Dietetics Practice Group (DPG) Karen Goldstein Memorial Grant from the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Foundation , which provides financial support to a Diabetes DPG member for outcomes research in diabetes medical nutrition therapy.
No potential conflict of interest was reported by the authors.
FUNDING/SUPPORT Funding for this study was provided by the Diabetes Dietetics Practice Group. The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics provided staff support for the conduct of the study via the Nutrition Research Network. Financial and material support for the development of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Health Informatics Infrastructure has been provided by the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics and the Commission on Dietetic Registration.