Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Biden Administration addresses health equity, in line with Academy recommendations. Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.(Published January 29, 2021. Accessed February 5, 2021)https://www.eatrightpro.org/news-center/on-the-pulse-of-public-policy/from-the-hill/biden-administration-addresses-health-equity-in-line-with-academy-recommendations
- Gender, equity, and human rights. Social determinants of health. World Health Organization.(Accessed February 18, 2021)
- About social determinants of health. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.(Reviewed August 19, 2020. Accessed February 5, 2021)https://www.cdc.gov/socialdeterminants/about.html#:∼:text=The%20World%20Health%20Organization%20also,%2C%20national%2C%20and%20local%20levels
- Know what affects health. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.(Reviewed January 26, 2021. Accessed February 5, 2021)
- Racial and Ethnic Health Disparities and Chronic Disease Issue Brief. Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.(Published January 2021. Accessed February 5, 2021)https://www.eatrightpro.org/-/media/eatrightpro-files/advocacy/racial-and-ethnic-health-disparities-and-chronic-disease.pdf?la=en&hash=2E523427C162FD0E8B1A6E91313356137A55A01A
- Structural racism, social risk factors, and covid-19—A dangerous convergence for Black Americans.N Engl J Med. 2020; 383 (Published September 17, 2020. Accessed February 5, 2021): e77
- Social determinants of health—Looking beyond the individual. Today’s Dietitian. June/July 2020.(Accessed February 5, 2021)
- The fullest look yet at the racial inequity of coronavirus. New York Times. July 5, 2020.(Accessed February 24, 2021)https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/07/05/us/coronavirus-latinos-african-americans-cdc-data.html
- HHS releases Healthy People 2030 with national disease prevention and health promotion objectives for the next decade. Press release. US Department of Health and Human Services.(Published August 18, 2020. Accessed February 5, 2021)https://www.hhs.gov/about/news/2020/08/18/hhs-releases-healthy-people-2030-with-national-disease-prevention-and-health-promotion-objectives-for-the-next-decade.html
- Healthy People 2030. Social determinants of health. US Department of Health and Human Services.(Accessed February 5, 2021)
- Racial and ethnic health disparities: What state legislators need to know.(Published 2013. Accessed February 5, 2021)
- County Health Rankings Working Paper: Different perspectives for assigning weights to determinants of health.(Published February 2010. Accessed on February 18, 2021)www.countyhealthrankings.org/sites/default/files/differentPerspectivesForAssigningWeightsToDeterminantsOfHealth.pdf
- eHI releases guiding principles for ethical use of social determinants of health data. Press release. eHealth Initiative.(Published June 26, 2019. Accessed February 5, 2021)
- Guiding principles for ethical use of social determinants of health data: An eHealth Initiative Collaborative Project 2019. eHealth Initiative.(Accessed February 5, 2021)https://www.ehidc.org/sites/default/files/resources/files/SDOH%20Ethical%20Guidelines%206.27.19%20FINAL.pdf
- Code of ethics. Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics/Commission on Dietetic Registration.(Published June 1, 2018. Accessed February 18, 2021)https://www.eatrightpro.org/-/media/eatrightpro-files/career/code-of-ethics/coeforthenutritionanddieteticsprofession.pdf?la=en&hash=0C9D1622C51782F12A0D6004A28CDAC0CE99A032
- 5 Ways to ethically use social determinants of health data. Health IT Analytics.(Published June 27, 2019. Accessed February 5, 2021)
- 2015–2020 Dietary Guidelines for Americans. 8th ed. US Department of Health and Human Services, US Department of Agriculture.(Published December 2015. Accessed March 9, 2021)
- Academy priorities are part of Biden Administration’s COVID-19 Relief Proposal. Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.(Accessed February 5, 2021)https://www.eatrightpro.org/news-center/on-the-pulse-of-public-policy/from-the-hill/academy-priorities-included-in-biden-administration-covid-19-relief-proposal
STATEMENT OF POTENTIAL OF CONFLICT INTEREST No potential conflict of interest was reported by the author.
FUNDING/SUPPORT There was no funding to disclose.