- Carotenoid bioavailability is higher from salads ingested with full-fat than with fat-reduced salad dressings as measured with electrochemical detection.Am J Clin Nutr. 2004; 80: 396-403
- Increases in plasma lycopene concentration after consumption of tomatoes cooked with olive oil.Asia Pac J Clin Nutr. 2005; 14: 131-136
- Consumption of tomato products with olive oil but not sunflower oil increases the antioxidant activity of plasma.Free Radic Biol Med. 2000; 29: 1051-1055
- Changes in LDL fatty acid composition as a response to olive oil treatment are inversely related to lipid oxidative damage: The EUROLIVE study.J Am Coll Nutr. 2008; 27: 314-320
- Postprandial LDL phenolic content and LDL oxidation are modulated by olive oil phenolic compounds in humans.Free Radic Biol Med. 2006; 40: 608-616
- Effects of differing phenolic content in dietary olive oils on lipids and LDL oxidation: A randomized controlled trial.Eur J Nutr. 2004; 43: 140-147
- Effects of dietary extra virgin olive oil on serum lipid resistance to oxidation and fatty acid composition in elderly lipidemic patients.Bratisl Lek Listy. 2003; 104: 218-221
- Comparing an olive oil-enriched diet to a standard lower-fat diet for weight loss in breast cancer survivors: A pilot study.J Womens Health (Larchmt). 2010; 19: 1155-1161
STATEMENT OF POTENTIAL CONFLICT OF INTEREST The author has no current funding in the area of extra virgin olive oil; however, she has done research on the health benefits of extra virgin olive oil in the past that had partial funding from Cobram Estates, Australia.
FUNDING/SUPPORT There is no funding or financial support for this work.