Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- The Academy's strategic plan. Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.(Accessed September 28, 2020)
- Code of Ethics for the Nutrition and Dietetics Profession. Effective date: June 1, 2018. Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.(Accessed September 24, 2020)https://www.eatrightpro.org/-/media/eatrightpro-files/career/code-of-ethics/coeforthenutritionanddieteticsprofession.pdf?la=en&hash=0C9D1622C51782F12A0D6004A28CDAC0CE99A032
- Ethics and civility: The code we live by.J Acad Nutr Diet. 2019; 119: 367
- Projections of the size and composition of the U.S. Population: 2014 to 2060. US Census Bureau.(Accessed August 3, 2020)
- Report on the Academy/Commission on Dietetic Registration 2016 Needs Satisfaction Survey.J Acad Nutr Diet. 2017; 117: 626-631
- Cultural Competence in Health and Human Services. National Prevention Information Network. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.(Published 2020. Accessed September 18, 2020)
- Cultural competence: New conceptual insights into its limits and potential for addressing health disparities.J Health Dispar Res Pract. 2014; 7: 82-89
- Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND).(Accessed September 18, 2020)https://www.eatrightpro.org/-/media/eatrightpro-files/acend/about-program-accreditation/accreditation-standards/2017guidanceinformation.pdf?la=en&hash=D019201FFF8F502E2B9A33353B97B37256BAACFA
- Unequal Treatment: Confronting Racial and Ethnic Disparities in Health Care.The National Academies Press, Washington, DC2003https://doi.org/10.17226/12875 (Accessed September 18, 2020)
- Implicit bias in healthcare professionals: A systematic review.BMC Med Ethics. 2017; 18: 19
- Cultural humility: Measuring openness to culturally diverse clients.J Couns Psychol. 2013; 60: 353-366
- Intersection of bias, structural racism, and social determinants with health care inequities.Pediatrics. 2020; 146e2020003657
- Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. ACEND Accreditation Standards for Nutrition and Dietetics Coordinated Programs (CP).(Accessed September 18, 2020)https://www.eatrightpro.org/-/media/eatrightpro-files/acend/about-program-accreditation/accreditation-standards/2017-standardsforcpprograms.pdf?la=en&hash=3D7E7EA5436607BD5A16917355ED50D32ED9CF92
- Cultural competency training and evaluation methods across dietetics education: A narrative review.J Acad Nutr Diet. 2020; 120: 1198-1209
- Accreditation criteria. Council on Education for Public Health.(Accessed September 3, 2020)
- Core competencies. University of Washington, School of Public Health.(Accessed September 3, 2020)
- Developing measurable cultural competence and cultural humility: An application of the cultural formulation.Train Educ Prof Psychol. 2018; 12: 54-61
- APA adopts new multicultural guidelines.Monitor Psychol. 2018; 49 (Accessed September 20, 2020): 47
- APA calls for true systemic change in U.S. culture.Monitor Psychol. 2020; 451 (Accessed September 24, 2020): 20
- Examining the presence, consequences, and reduction of implicit bias in health care: A narrative review.Group Process Intergroup Relat. 2016; 19: 528-542
This article was written by Anne Lund, MPH, RDN, FAND, director, graduate coordinated program in dietetics, and director, master of public health program nutritional sciences program, School of Public Health, University of Washington, Seattle; Krista Yoder Latortue, MPH, RD, FAND, executive director, Family Food, Bala Cynwyd, PA; and Judith Rodriguez, PhD, RDN, LD/N, FAND, FADA, chairperson and professor emerita, Department of Nutrition and Dietetics, Brooks College of Health, University of North Florida, Jacksonville.
STATEMENT OF POTENTIAL CONFLICT OF INTEREST No potential conflict of interest was reported by the authors.
FUNDING/SUPPORT There is no funding to disclose.
AUTHOR CONTRIBUTIONS A. Lund outlined the body of work. K. Yoder Latortue wrote the first draft with contributions from A. Lund and J. Rodriguez. All authors reviewed and commented on subsequent drafts of the manuscript.