Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- ESPEN-ESPGHAN-ECFS guidelines on nutrition care for infants, children, and adults with cystic fibrosis.Clin Nutr. 2016; 35: 557-577
- Electrolyte abnormalities in cystic fibrosis: Systematic review of the literature.Pediatr Nephrol. 2014; 29: 1015-1023
- Heat prostration in fibrocystic disease of the pancreas and other conditions.Pediatrics. 1951; 8: 648-656
- Abnormal electrolyte composition of sweat in cystic fibrosis of the pancreas; clinical significance and relationship to the disease.Pediatrics. 1953; 12: 549-563
- Hypoelectrolytemia and metabolic alkalosis in infants with cystic fibrosis.Pediatrics. 1979; 63: 580-583
- Cystic Fibrosis Foundation evidence-based guidelines for management of infants with cystic fibrosis.J Pediatr. 2009; 155: S73-S93
- Nutrition guidelines for cystic fibrosis in Australia and New Zealand.https://www.clinicalguidelines.gov.au/portal/2584/nutrition-guidelines-cystic-fibrosis-australia-and-new-zealandDate accessed: May 30, 2020
- Exercise and heat stress in cystic fibrosis patients.Pediatr Res. 1983; 17: 267-269
- Heat acclimation in cystic fibrosis.J Appl Physiol Respir Environ Exerc Physiol. 1984; 57: 408-412
- High-sweat Na+ in cystic fibrosis and healthy individuals does not diminish thirst during exercise in the heat.Am J Physiol-Reg I. 2011; 301: R1177-R1185
- Effect of experimental salt depletion and aldosterone load on sodium and chloride concentration in the sweat of patients with cystic fibrosis of the pancreas and of normal children.Arch Dis Child. 1964; 39: 61-65
- Metabolic alkalosis contributes to acute hypercapnic respiratory failure in adult cystic fibrosis.Chest. 2003; 124: 490-493
- Prevalence of hyponatremia at diagnosis and factors associated with the longitudinal variation in serum sodium levels in infants with cystic fibrosis.J Pediatr. 2012; 161: 285-289
- Preventing dehydration in children with cystic fibrosis who exercise in the heat.Med Sci Sports Exerc. 1999; 31: 774-779
- Low sodium status in cystic fibrosis—as assessed by calculating fractional Na(+) excretion-is associated with decreased growth parameters.J Cyst Fibros. 2016; 15: 400-405
- Evaluation of salt supplementation in CF infants.J Cyst Fibros. 2009; 8: 382-385
- Metabolic alkalosis in adults with stable cystic fibrosis.Open Respir Med J. 2012; 6: 59-62
- Prevalence and nutritional status of infants with cystic fibrosis and pseudo-Bartter syndrome during the first year of life.Child Obes Nutr. 2014; 6: 313-319
- Sodium deficit causing decreased weight gain and metabolic acidosis in infants with ileostomy.J Pediatr Surg. 1988; 23: 567-572
- The combination of tezacaftor and ivacaftor in the treatment of patients with cystic fibrosis: Clinical evidence and future prospects in cystic fibrosis therapy.Ther Adv Respir Dis. 2019; 13 (1753466619844424)
- Relation of sweat chloride concentration to severity of lung disease in cystic fibrosis.Pediatr Pulmonol. 2004; 38: 204-209
- Lumacaftor-Ivacaftor in patients with cystic fibrosis homozygous for Phe508del CFTR.N Engl J Med. 2015; 373: 220-231
- Tezacaftor-Ivacaftor in patients with cystic fibrosis homozygous for Phe508del.N Engl J Med. 2017; 377: 2013-2023
- A systematic Cochrane Review of correctors (specific therapies for class II CFTR mutations) for cystic fibrosis.Paediatr Respir Rev. 2019; 30: 25-26
- Pseudo-Bartter syndrome in children with cystic fibrosis.Clin Case Rep. 2019; 7: 1123-1126
- Downregulation of the Cl-/HCO3-exchanger pendrin in kidneys of mice with cystic fibrosis: Role in the pathogenesis of metabolic alkalosis.Cell Physiol Biochem. 2018; 45: 1551-1565
- Highlights from the nutrition guidelines for cystic fibrosis in Australia and New Zealand.J Cyst Fibros. 2020; 19: 16-25
- Nutrition composition table.https://www.nutriciamedical.be/-/media/Websites/Medical-Nutrition/Voedingstabellen/BE/NL/voedingstabel_Cystilac_nov2014.ashxDate accessed: August 9, 2019
- Measuring population sodium intake: A review of methods.Nutrients. 2014; 6: 4651-4662
STATEMENT OF POTENTIAL CONFLICT OF INTEREST No potential conflict of interest was reported by the authors.
FUNDING/SUPPORT There is no funding to disclose.
AUTHOR CONTRIBUTIONS D. Declercq, S. Van daele, and S. Van Biervliet contributed to the design of the work. D. Declercq and S. Van Biervliet collected the data. D. Declercq and S. Van Biervliet screened the articles after the literature search. The first draft was written by D. Declercq and reviewed thoroughly by E. Van Braeckel, S. Marchand, and S. Van daele. All authors reviewed and commented on subsequent drafts of the manuscript.