Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Independent Expert Group of the Global Nutrition Report. Global Nutrition Report: shining a light to spur action on nutrition.Accessed October 25, 2019)
- Spotlight on global malnutrition: a continuing challenge in the 21st century.J Acad Nutr Diet. 2015; 115: 1335-1341
High Level Panel of Experts on Food Security and Nutrition. Nutrition and food systems: a report by the High Level Panel of Experts on Food Security and Nutrition. 2017. In: Committee on World Food Security, ed. http://www.fao.org/3/a-i7846e.pdf. Accessed October 25, 2019.
- Malnutrition.https://www.who.int/news-room/fact-sheets/detail/malnutritionDate: 2018Date accessed: October 10, 2019
- The global burden of chronic and hidden hunger: trends and determinants.Global Food Security. 2018; 17: 21-29
- Malnutrition diagnosis during adult inpatient hospitalizations: analysis of a multi-institutional collaborative database of academic medical centers.J Acad Nutr Diet. 2018; 118: 125-131
- Nutrition screening: coding after discharge underestimates the prevalence of undernutrition.J Acad Nutr Diet. 2018; 118: 33-36
Levels and trends in child malnutrition. In: UNICEF-WHO-World Bank Group Joint Child Malnutrition Estimates, ed. UNICEF-WHO-World Bank Group Joint Child Malnutrition Estimates. Geneva, Switzerland. 2018. https://reliefweb.int/report/world/levels-and-trends-child-malnutrition-unicefwhoworld-bank-group-joint-child-malnutrition. Accessed October 25, 2019.
- Global Health Observatory (GHO) Data: overweight and obesity.https://www.who.int/gho/ncd/risk_factors/overweight/en/Date: 2017Date accessed: September 14, 2019
- Risk factors for malnutrition in older adults: a systematic review of the literature based on longitudinal data.Adv Nutr. 2016; 7: 507-522
- Malnutrition at hospital admission-contributors and effect on length of stay: a prospective cohort study from the Canadian Malnutrition Task Force.JPEN J Parenter Enteral Nutr. 2016; 40: 487-497
- Hospital malnutrition in Latin America: a systematic review.Clin Nutr. 2017; 36: 958-967
- Taking action against malnutrition in Asian healthcare settings: an initiative of a Northeast Asia Study Group.Asia Pac J Clin Nutr. 2017; 26: 202-211
- Prognostic impact of disease-related malnutrition.Clin Nutr. 2008; 27: 5-15
- Prevalence of malnutrition risk and the impact of nutrition risk on hospital outcomes: results from Nutrition Day in the US.JPEN J Parenter Enteral Nutr. 2019; 43: 918-926
- A review of the evidence linking child stunting to economic outcomes.Int J Epidemiol. 2017; 46: 1171-1191
- Guideline: Iron Supplementation in Postpartum Women.World Health Organization, Geneva2016
- The International Federation of Gynecology and Obstetrics (FIGO) recommendations on adolescent, preconception, and maternal nutrition: think nutrition first.Int J Gynaecol Obstet. 2015; 131: S213-S253
- The diet, health, and environment trilemma.Annu Rev Environ Res. 2018; 43: 109-134
- Health effects of overweight and obesity in 195 countries over 25 years.N Engl J Med. 2017; 377: 13-27
- Health effects of dietary risks in 195 countries, 1990-2017: a systematic analysis for the Global Burden of Disease Study 2017.Lancet. 2019; 393: 1958-1972
- Mayo Clinic. Senior health: how to prevent and detect malnutrition. Healthy Lifestyle-Caregivers.https://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/caregivers/in-depth/senior-health/art-20044699Date: 2019Date accessed: September 19, 2019
- Influence of aging and environment on presentation of infection in older adults.Infect Dis Clin North Am. 2017; 31: 593-608
- Pressure ulcers in the United States’ inpatient population from 2008 to 2012: results of a retrospective nationwide study.Ostomy Wound Manage. 2016; 62: 30-38
- Malnutrition is associated with an increased risk of falls and impaired activity in elderly patients in Dutch residential long-term care (LTC): a cross-sectional study.Arch Gerontol Geriatr. 2013; 56: 265-269
- Malnutrition associated with increased risk of frail mechanical falls among older people presenting to an emergency department.Emerg Med Australas. 2009; 21: 386-394
- Malnutrition in geriatric rehabilitation: prevalence, patient outcomes, and criterion validity of the scored patient-generated subjective global assessment and the mini nutritional assessment.J Acad Nutr Diet. 2016; 116: 785-794
- Malnutrition, functional ability and mortality among older people aged 60 years: a 7-year longitudinal study.Eur J Clin Nutr. 2016; 70: 399-404
- Global Nutrition Policy 2016-2017: country progress in creating and enabling policy environments for promoting healthy diets and nutrition: License CCBY-NC-SA 3.0IGO.
- Food in the Anthropocene: the EAT-Lancet Commission on healthy diets from sustainable food systems.Lancet. 2019; 393: 447-492
FAO I, UNICEF, WFP, WHO. The state of food security and nutrition in the world 2019: Safeguarding against economic slowdowns and downturns. In: License: CC BY-NC-SA 3.0 IGO, ed. Rome: Food and Agriculture Organization; 2019.
- Sustainable healthy diets: guiding principles.fao.org/3/ca6640en/ca6640en.pdf(Accessed October 25, 2019)Date: 2019
- World Bank list of economies 2019.https://datahelpdesk.worldbank.org/knowledgebase/articles/906519-world-bank-country-and-lending-groupsDate: 2019Date accessed: September 19, 2019
- Factors associated with muscle mass in community-dwelling older people in Singapore: findings from the SHIELD study.PLoS One. 2019; 14: e0223222
- Malnutrition Action Centre.https://nutritioncareincanada.ca/Date: 2019Date accessed: September 19, 2019
- Factors associated with nutritional decline in hospitalised medical and surgical patients admitted for 7 d or more: a prospective cohort study.Br J Nutr. 2015; 114: 1612-1622
- Barriers to food intake in acute care hospitals: a report of the Canadian Malnutrition Task Force.J Hum Nutr Diet. 2015; 28: 546-557
- Prevalence and predictors of weight change post discharge from hospital: a study of the Canadian Malnutrition Task Force.Eur J Clin Nutr. 2017; 71: 766-772
- Prevalence of malnutrition or risk in residents in long term care: comparison of four tools.J Nutr Gerontol Geriatr. 2019; 38: 1-16
- Prevalence and determinants of poor food intake of residents living in long-term care.J Am Med Dir Assoc. 2017; 18: 941-947
- Multi-site implementation of nutrition screening and diagnosis in medical care units: success of the More-2-Eat project.Clin Nutr. 2019; 38: 897-905
- Improving the standard of nutrition care in hospital: mealtime barriers reduced with implementation of the Integrated Nutrition Pathway for Acute Care.Clin Nutr ESPEN. 2018; 28: 74-79
- OECD health statistics.https://www.oecd.org/health/health-data.htmDate: 2019Date accessed: September 20, 2019
- Quality improvement as the foundation for health care advancement.J Acad Nutr Diet. 2019; 119: S15-S17
- The malnutrition quality improvement initiative: a multiyear partnership transforms care.J Acad Nutr Diet. 2019; 119: S18-S24
- Hospital nutrition care betters patient clinical outcomes and reduces costs: the Malnutrition Quality improvement initiative story.J Acad Nutr Diet. 2019; 119: S11-S14
- Accruing evidence on benefits of adherence to the Mediterranean diet on health: an updated systematic review and meta-analysis.Am J Clin Nutr. 2010; 92: 1189-1196
- Nutritional assessment and factors associated to malnutrition in older adults: a cross-sectional study in Bogota, Colombia.J Aging Health. 2015; 27: 304-319
- World Report on Ageing and Health. World Health Organization, Geneva, Switzerland2015Accessed October 25, 2019)
- Toward a theory of a right to health: capability and incompletely theorized agreements.Yale J Law Humanit. 2006; 18: 3
- Health capability: conceptualization and operationalization.Am J Public Health. 2010; 100: 41-49
- Healthy diets from sustainable food systems: food planet health.Accessed October 25, 2019)
- Nudge, not sludge.Science. 2018; 361: 431
- Global health and nutrition resources.Accessed October 25, 2019)
- An introduction to economic analysis of food security and nutrition interventions.J Acad Nutr Diet. 2019; 119: 856-864
- Position of the Society for Nutrition Education and Behavior: the importance of including environmental sustainability in dietary guidance.J Nutr Educ Behav. 2019; 51: 3-15
- Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics: standards of professional performance for Registered Dietitian Nutritionists (competent, proficient, and expert) in sustainable, resilient, and healthy food and water systems.J Acad Nutr Diet. 2014; 114: 475-488
STATEMENT OF POTENTIAL CONFLICT OF INTEREST No potential conflict of interest was reported by the authors.
FUNDING/SUPPORT The 2019 Nutrition and Policy Forum in Krakow, Poland was supported by an unrestricted medical education grant from Abbott Laboratories.