Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Position of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics: Food insecurity in the United States.J Acad Nutr Diet. 2017; 117: 1991-2002
- Academy Letter Urges DHS to Ensure Well-Being of Children and Families Affected by Immigration Policy.https://www.eatrightpro.org/news-center/member-updates/from-our-leaders/academy-urges-dhs-ensure-well-being-children-families-affected-immigration-policy(Published June 22, 2018. Accessed July 22, 2019)
- Academy Urges Department of Homeland Security to Improve Nutrition at Border Facilities.https://www.eatrightpro.org/-/media/eatrightpro-files/news-center/on-the-pulse/national-organization-letter-to-dhs-and-dpc-on-cbp-nutrition-standards.pdf(Published July 30, 2019. Accessed July 30, 2019)
- Health Care Organizations Join the Academy in Sending Letter to DHS.https://www.eatrightpro.org/news-center/on-the-pulse-of-public-policy/from-the-hill/health-care-organizations-join-academy-sending-letter-to-dhs(Published June 28, 2018. Accessed August 15, 2019)
- Academy Comments to DHS and HHS re: Proposed Rule re: Apprehension, Processing, Care, and Custody of Alien Minors and Unaccompanied Alien Children.https://www.eatrightpro.org/news-center/on-the-pulse-of-public-policy/regulatory-comments/comments-dhs-hhs-family-separation-policy(Published November 6, 2018. Accessed July 11, 2019)
- ‘They have not washed in 40 days’: House Democrats decry ‘inhumane’ conditions at Texas border facilities.https://www.cnn.com/2019/07/13/politics/congressional-democrats-visit-texas-border-facilities-migrants/index.html(Published July 13, 2018. Accessed July 25, 2019)
- Management Alert—DHS Needs to Address Dangerous Overcrowding and Prolonged Detention of Children and Adults in the Rio Grande Valley. DHS Office of Inspector General: OIG-19-51.Published July 2, 2019. Accessed July 11, 2019)
- National Standards on Transport, Escort, Detention, and Search.Published October 2015. Accessed July 22, 2019)
- 2011 Operations Manual ICE Performance-Based National Detention Standards. Section 4.1 Food Service.Published 2011. Accessed July 15, 2019)
- ORR Guide: Children Entering the United States Unaccompanied. Section 3: Services. US Department of Health and Human Services.Published January 30, 2015. Accessed July 18, 2019)
- Position of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics: Nutrition services for individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities and special health care needs.J Acad Nutr Diet. 2015; 115: 593-608
- Pregnant women at risk: An evaluation of the health status of refugee women in Buffalo, New York.Health Care Women Int. 1996; 17: 15-23
- Seeking asylum alone: Unaccompanied and separated children and refugee protection in the US.J History Child Youth. 2008; 1: 126-138
- Detention of immigrant children.Pediatrics. 2017; 139e20170483
Martin H, Tuma P, Blankenship J. Academy Pushes OIG for More Information on Food and Nutrition at CBP Detention Facilities. https://www.eatrightpro.org/news-center/on-the-pulse-of-public-policy/regulatory-comments/academy-pushes-oig-for-more-information-on-food-and-nutrition-at-cbp-detention-facilities. Published August 20, 2019. Accessed August 23, 2019.
STATEMENT OF POTENTIAL CONFLICT OF INTEREST No potential conflict of interest was reported by the authors.
FUNDING/SUPPORT There is no funding to disclose.