Main outcome measures
Statistical analyses performed
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- The National Cancer Institute’s dietary assessment primer: A resource for diet research.J Acad Nutr Diet. 2015; 115: 1986-1995
Willett WC. Food frequency methods. In: Nutritional Epidemiology. Vol 40. 3rd ed. New York, NY: Oxford University Press; 2013.
- Warm D. Development, validation and utilisation of food-frequency questionnaires—A review.Public Health Nutr. 2002; 5: 567-587
Willett WC, Lenart E. Reproducibility and validity of food frequency questionnaires. In: Nutritional Epidemiology. Vol 40. 3rd ed. New York, NY: Oxford University Press; 2013.
Willett WC, Baranowski T. 24-Hour recall and diet record methods. In: Nutritional Epidemiology. Vol 40. 3rd ed. New York, NY: Oxford University Press; 2013.
- Validation of a dietary questionnaire used in a large-scale prospective cohort study on diet and cancer.Eur J Clin Nutr. 1994; 48: 253-265
- Development and validation of a food frequency questionnaire.Can J Diet Pract Res. 2005; 66: 67-75
- Validation of a food-frequency questionnaire assessment of carotenoid and vitamin E intake using weighed food records and plasma biomarkers: The method of triads model.Eur J Clin Nutr. 2005; 59: 211-218
- Cancer survivors’ adherence to lifestyle behavior recommendations and associations with health-related quality of life: Results from the American Cancer Society's SCS-II.J Clin Oncol. 2008; 26: 2198-2204
- Role of physical activity and diet after colorectal cancer diagnosis.J Clin Oncol. 2015; 33: 1825-1834
- Lifestyle after colorectal cancer diagnosis in relation to survival and recurrence: A review of the literature.Curr Colorectal Cancer Rep. 2017; 13: 370-401
- Is concordance with World Cancer Research Fund/American Institute for Cancer Research guidelines for cancer prevention related to subsequent risk of cancer? Results from the EPIC study.Am J Clin Nutr. 2012; 96: 150-163
- Food, Nutrition, Physical Activity, and the Prevention of Cancer: A Global Perspective.AICR, Washington, DC2007
- Diet, nutrition, physical activity and cancer: A global perspective.Published 2018. Accessed August 12, 2019.)
- Adherence to the World Cancer Research Fund/American Institute for Cancer Research lifestyle recommendations in colorectal cancer survivors: Results of the PROFILES registry.Cancer Med. 2016; 5: 2587-2595
- Colorectal cancers survivors’ adherence to lifestyle recommendations and cross-sectional associations with health-related quality of life.Br J Nutr. 2018; 120: 188-197
- The applicability of the international classification of functioning, disability, and health to study lifestyle and quality of life of colorectal cancer survivors.Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. 2014; 23: 1394-1405
- Dutch Food Composition (NEVO) Table 2011.Netherlands Nutrition Center, The Hague, the Netherlands2011
- Dutch National Food Consumption Survey 2007-2010: Diet of Children and Adults Aged 7 to 69 Years.National Institute of Public Health and the Environment (RIVM), Bilthoven, the Netherlands2011
- Maten, Gewichten en Codenummers.Bohn Stafleu van Loghum, Zeist, the Netherlands2003
- Compl-eat [computer program]. Wageningen University & Research, Wageningen, the Netherlands2018
- Interval estimation for rank correlation coefficients based on the probit transformation with extension to measurement error correction of correlated ranked data.Stat Med. 2007; 26: 633-646
- Adjustment for total energy intake in epidemiologic studies.Am J Clin Nutr. 1997; 65 (discussion 1229S-1231S): 1220S-1228S
- Foundations of Clinical Research: Applications to Practice.F.A. Davis Company/Publishers, Philadelphia, PA2015
IBM SPSS Statistics for Windows [computer program]. Version 24.0. Armonk, NY: IBM Corp; Released 2016.
- SAS for Windows [computer program]. Version 9.4. SAS Institute Inc, Cary, NC2014
- The Maastricht FFQ: Development and validation of a comprehensive food frequency questionnaire for the Maastricht study.Nutrition. 2018; 62: 39-46
- The Dutch EPIC food frequency questionnaire. I. Description of the questionnaire, and relative validity and reproducibility for food groups.Int J Epidemiol. 1997; 26 (S37-48)
- The Dutch EPIC food frequency questionnaire. II. Relative validity and reproducibility for nutrients.Int J Epidemiol. 1997; 26 (S49-58)
- Chapter 1—Dietary assessment methodology.in: Coulston A.M. Boushey C.J. Ferruzzi M.G. Delahanty L.M. Nutrition in the Prevention and Treatment of Disease (Fourth Edition). Academic Press, London, UK2017: 5-48
- Assessing dietary intake: Who, what and why of under-reporting.Nutr Res Rev. 1998; 11: 231-253
- Bias in dietary-report instruments and its implications for nutritional epidemiology.Public Health Nutr. 2002; 5: 915-923
Willett WC. Nature of variation in diet. In: Nutritional Epidemiology. Vol 40. 3rd ed. New York, NY: Oxford University Press; 2013.
STATEMENT OF POTENTIAL CONFLICT OF INTEREST No potential conflict of interest was reported by the authors.
FUNDING/SUPPORT This study and J. L. Koole were supported by a grant from Kankeronderzoekfonds Limburg as part of Health Foundation Limburg (Grant No. 00005739) and a grant from the Stichting Alpe d’HuZes within the research program “Leven met kanker” of the Dutch Cancer Society (Grant No. UM-2010-4867). E. H. van Roekel was financially supported by Wereld Kanker Onderzoek Fonds (WKOF), as part of the World Cancer Research Fund International grant programme (Grant No. 2016/1620).