An Introduction to the Basic Concepts of Food Security.
Key Statistics & Graphics.
- Pereira A.L.
- Handa S.
- Holmqvist G.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- An Introduction to the Basic Concepts of Food Security.Published 2008. Accessed February 14, 2018)
- Key Statistics & Graphics.https://www.ers.usda.gov/topics/food-nutrition-assistance/food-security-in-the-us/key-statistics-graphics/#foodsecure(Published September 5, 2018. Accessed July 3, 2019)
- Prevalence and Correlates of Food Insecurity among Children across the Globe.https://www.unicef-irc.org/publications/900-prevalence-and-correlates-of-food-insecurity-among-children-across-the-globe.html(Published June 2017. Accessed July 25, 2019)
- The State of Food Insecurity in the World 2018.Published 2018. Accessed July 1, 2019)
- The epidemiology of global micronutrient deficiencies.Ann Nutr Metab. 2015; 66: 22-33
- Toward food policy for the dual burden of malnutrition: An exploratory policy space analysis in India.Food Nutr Bull. 2016; 37: 261-274
- Double duty actions to tackle all forms of malnutrition (P10-053-19).Curr Dev Nutr. 2019; 3 (nzz034.P10-053-19)
- 2018 Global Nutrition Report: Shining a Light to Spur Action on Nutrition.Published 2018. Accessed July 1, 2019)
- Sustainable Development Goals.Published 2015. Accessed July 1, 2019)
- Zero Hunger Challenge.Published 2019. Accessed July 1, 2019)
- Scaling Up Nutrition.Published 2015. Accessed July 1, 2019)
- Making Food Systems Part of Your Community Health Needs Assessment.https://www.phi.org/resources/?resource=making-food-systems-part-of-your-community-health-needs-assessment(Published 2016. Accessed July 1, 2019)
- Use of optimization modeling for selecting national micronutrient intervention strategies: An example based on potential programs for control of vitamin A deficiency in Cameroon.Food Nutr Bull. 2015; 36: S141-S148
- Nutrition Program Design Assistant: A Tool for Program Planners Version 2.https://coregroup.org/wp-content/uploads/media-backup/documents/Resources/Tools/NPDA/NPDA-Workbook-April2015.pdf(Published 2015. Accessed July 1, 2019)
- REACH Country Facilitator Manual 2nd edition.Published October 2013. Accessed July 1, 2019)
- Fill the Nutrient Gap.Published November 9, 2017. Accessed July 1, 2019)
- Food Systems and Diets: Facing the Challenges of the 21st Century.Published September 2016. Accessed July 1, 2019)
- Dedoose qualitative data management software. Version 8.1.8. SocioCultural Research Consultants, LLC, Los Angeles, CA2018
- Nutrition care process and model update: Toward realizing people-centered care and outcomes management.J Acad Nutr Diet. 2017; 117: 2003-2014
- Deriving criteria weights for health decision making: A brief tutorial.Published September 30, 2017. Accessed July 1, 2019)
- Health care priority setting: principles, practice and challenges.Cost Eff Resour Alloc. 2004; 2: 3
- Evaluating “success” in programme budgeting and marginal analysis: a literature review.J Health Serv Res Policy. 2011; 16: 177-183
- High performance in healthcare priority setting and resource allocation: A literature- and case study-based framework in the Canadian context.Soc Sci Med. 2016; 162: 185-192
- Accountability for reasonableness.BMJ. 2000; 321: 1300-1301
- The Priority Setting Toolkit: A Guide to the Use of Economics in Health Care Decision Making.BMJ Books, London, UK2004
STATEMENT OF POTENTIAL CONFLICT OF INTEREST No potential conflict of interest was reported by the authors.
FUNDING/SUPPORT This work was supported by the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Foundation via a food insecurity grant from the General Mills Foundation .