Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Critical review of economic evaluation studies of interventions promoting low-fat diets.Nutr Rev. 2014; 72: 691-706
- Health economics and nutrition: A review of published evidence.Nutr Rev. 2012; 70: 693-708
- Is scratch-cooking a cost-effective way to prepare healthy school meals with us department of agriculture foods?.J Acad Nutr Diet. 2014; 114: 1349-1358
- Cost-effectiveness of a nutrition education curriculum intervention in elementary schools.J Nutr Educ Behav. 2017; 49 (e681): 684-691
- Using national data to estimate average cost effectiveness of EFNEP outcomes by state/territory.J Nutr Educ Behav. 2013; 45: 183-187
- Cost-effectiveness model for youth EFNEP programs: What do we measure and how do we do it?.J Nutr Educ Behav. 2011; 43: 295-302
- Cost effectiveness of a sugar-sweetened beverage excise tax in the U.S.Am J Prev Med. 2015; 49: 112-123
- Highlighting the evidence gap: How cost-effective are interventions to improve early childhood nutrition and development?.Health Policy Plan. 2015; 30: 813-821
- Does participation in home-delivered meals programs improve outcomes for older adults? Results of a systematic review.J Nutr Gerontol Geriatr. 2015; 34: 124-167
- Cost-effectiveness of a community exercise and nutrition program for older adults: Texercise select.Int J Environ Res Public Health. 2017; 14: 545
- Cost-effectiveness of the community-based management of severe acute malnutrition by community health workers in southern Bangladesh.Health Policy Plan. 2013; 28: 386-399
- Recommendations for conduct, methodological practices, and reporting of cost-effectiveness analyses: Second panel on cost-effectiveness in health and medicine.JAMA. 2016; 316: 1093-1103
- Guide to analyzing the cost-effectiveness of community public health prevention approaches.RTI International. 2006;https://aspe.hhs.gov/system/files/pdf/74686/report.pdfDate accessed: October 16, 2018
- Making choices in health: WHO guide to cost-effectiveness analysis.World Health Organization, Geneva, Switzerland2003
- Introduction to economic evaluation in public health.https://www.train.org/cdctrain/course/1079247/Date: 2018Date accessed: October 16, 2018
- The real and the nominal? Making inflationary adjustments to cost and other economic data.Health Policy Plan. 2000; 15: 230-234
- Health outcomes in economic evaluation: The QALY and utilities.Br Med Bull. 2010; 96: 5-21
- Recommendations of the panel on cost-effectiveness in health and medicine.JAMA. 1996; 276: 1253-1258
- Cost-effectiveness thresholds: Pros and cons.Bull World Heath Organ. 2016; 94: 925-930
- Five-part webcast on economic evaluation.http://www.cdc.gov/dhdsp/programs/spha/economic_evaluation/Date accessed: October 16, 2018
- Cost-effectiveness and cost-benefit analysis. In: Handbook of Practical Program Evaluation.John Wiley & Sons, Inc., San Francisco, CA2015: 636-672
- The Economic Analysis of Nutrition Projects. Guiding Principles and Examples.Human Development Department, World Bank, 1996http://siteresources.worldbank.org/NUTRITION/Resources/Tool3-frontmat.pdfDate accessed: October 16, 2018
- Guidance on priority setting in health care (GPS-Health): The inclusion of equity criteria not captured by cost-effectiveness analysis.Cost Eff Resour Alloc. 2014; 12: 18
- Thresholds for the cost–effectiveness of interventions: Alternative approaches.Bull World Health Organ. 2015; 93: 118-124
STATEMENT OF POTENTIAL CONFLICT OF INTEREST No potential conflict of interest was reported by the authors.
FUNDING/SUPPORT This work was supported by the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Foundation via a food insecurity grant from the General Mills Foundation.
AUTHOR CONTRIBUTIONS K. P. Adams, J. A. Lee, and E. Y. Jimenez conceptualized the manuscript. K. P. Adams and J. A. Lee wrote the first draft with contributions from E. Piltch and E. Y. Jimenez. All authors reviewed and commented on subsequent drafts of the manuscript.