- •create and advance adoption of malnutrition electronic clinical quality measures (eCQMs) “that matter”;
- •improve effectiveness and timeliness of malnutrition care through an interprofessional toolkit;
- •support availability of tools that can be integrated into electronic health record systems to improve care quality.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, Avalere Health. MQii Toolkit. http://malnutrition.com/static/pdf/complete-mqii-toolkit.pdf. Published 2016. Accessed July 27, 2018.
- Malnutrition care: Preparing for the next level of quality.J Acad Nutr Diet. 2016; 116: 852-855
Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. Electronic Clinical Quality Measures (eCQMs). http://www.eatright.org/eMeasures. Accessed July 27, 2018.
Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. Electronic Clinical Quality Measures (eCQMs) frequently asked questions. http://www.eatrightpro.org/eMeasuresFAQs. Accessed July 27, 2018.
Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. Malnutrition dietetic resources. http://www.eatrightpro.org/malnutrition. Accessed July 27, 2018.
- Effectiveness of the Malnutrition Quality Improvement Initiative on practitioner malnutrition knowledge and screening, diagnosis, and timeliness of malnutrition-related care provided to older adults admitted to a tertiary care facility.J Acad Nutr Diet. 2018; 118: 101-109
Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality. Care coordination. https://www.ahrq.gov/professionals/prevention-chronic-care/improve/coordination/index.html. Accessed July 27, 2018.
- Transitional care.Am J Nurs. 2008; 108 (Accessed July 27, 2018): 58-63
Academy-Avalere Health-Defeat Malnutrition Today Dialogue Proceedings/Advancing Patient-Centered Malnutrition Care Transitions March 2018. https://www.eatrightpro.org/news-center/in-practice/research-reports-and-studies/dialogue-proceedings-advancing-patient-centered-malnutrition-care-transitions. Accessed July 27, 2018.
This article was written by Sharon M. McCauley, MS, MBA, RDN, LDN, FADA, FAND, senior director, quality management, and Mujahed Khan, MBA, RDN, LDN, senior manager, quality improvement, Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, Chicago, IL.
STATEMENT OF POTENTIAL CONFLICT OF INTEREST No potential conﬂict of interest was reported by the authors.
FUNDING/SUPPORT Avalere Health’s work on the projects described in this article was funded by Abbott.