Main outcome measures
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Food selectivity, mealtime behavior problems, spousal stress, and family food choices in children with and without autism spectrum disorder.J Autism Dev Disord. 2015; 45: 3308-3315
- Phenomenological examination of the mealtime experience for mothers of children with autism and food selectivity.Am J Occup Ther. 2014; 68: 102-107
- Feeding problems and nutrient intake in children with autism spectrum disorders: A meta-analysis and comprehensive review of the literature.J Autism Dev Disord. 2013; 43: 2159-2173
- Food selectivity in children with autism spectrum disorders and typically developing children.J Pediatr. 2010; 157: 259-264
- Nutrition management of gastrointestinal symptoms in children with autism spectrum disorder: guideline from an expert panel.J Acad Nutr Diet. 2015; 115: 1919-1927
- A comparison of nutrient intake and eating behaviors of boys with and without autism.Top Clin Nutr. 2008; 23: 23-31
- Feeding and eating behaviors in children with autism and typically developing children.J Autism Dev Disord. 2008; 38: 1878-1887
- Feeding symptoms, dietary patterns, and growth in young children with autism spectrum disorders.Pediatrics. 2010; 126: 337-342
- A comparison of food refusal related to characteristics of food in children with autism spectrum disorder and typically developing children.J Acad Nutr Diet. 2014; 114: 1981-1987
- Dinnertime and bedtime routines and rituals in families with a young child with an autism spectrum disorder.Aust Occup Ther J. 2011; 58: 145-154
- Feeding problems and nutrient intake in children with and without autism: A comparative study.Indian J Pediatr. 2017; 84: 283-288
- Dietary adequacy of Egyptian children with autism spectrum disorder compared to healthy developing children.Melab Brian Dis. 2017; 32: 607-615
- Comparison of nutritional status between children with autism spectrum disorder and typically developing children in the Mediterranean Region (Valencia, Spain).Autism. 2017; 21: 310-322
- Brief report: Scurvy as a manifestation of food selectivity in children with autism.J Autism Dev Disord. 2016; 46: 1464-1470
- Symptomatic nutritional rickets in a teenager with autistic spectrum disorder.Child Care Health Dev. 2008; 34: 276-278
- Permanent visual loss dye to dietary vitamin A deficiency in an autistic adolescent.J Child Neurol. 2009; 24: 1288-1289
- Iron deficiency in autism and Asperger syndrome.Autism. 2002; 6: 103-114
- Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders.5th ed. American Psychiatric Publishing, Washington, DC2013
- Reduced bone cortical thickness in boys with autism or autism spectrum disorder.J Autism Dev Disord. 2008; 38: 848-856
- Brief report: bone fractures in children and adults with autism spectrum disorders.J Autism Dev Disord. 2015; 45: 881-887
- Bone density in adolescents and young adults with autism spectrum disorders.J Autism Dev Disord. 2016; 46: 3387-3391
- Food variety as a predictor of nutritional status among children with autism.J Autism Dev Disord. 2012; 42: 549-556
- Food selectivity in autism spectrum disorder.in: Anderson L.K. Murray S.B. Kaye W.H. Clinical Handbook of Atypical and Complex Eating Disorders. Oxford University Press, New York, NY2017
ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Codes—International Classification of Diseases—Medical Diagnosis Codes. www.findacode.com.
- Medicode. ICD-9-CM: International Classification of Diseases, 9th Revision, Clinical Modification. Medicode, Salt Lake City, UT1996
- A systematic review and meta-analysis of intensive multidisciplinary intervention for pediatric feeding disorders: How standard is the standard of care?.J Pediatr. 2017; 181: 116-124.e4
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). CDC clinical growth charts: United States. http://www.cdc.gov/growthcharts/. Accessed July 24, 2017.
ESHA Research. Food Processor SQL nutrition and fitness software. Version 10.14x. 2014. http://www.esha.com. Accessed July 15, 2017.
- DRI, Dietary Reference Intakes: The Essential Guide to Nutrient Requirements.National Academies Press, Washington, DC2006
SAS. Version 9.4. Cary, NC: SAS Institute; 2012.
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Defining childhood obesity. http://www.cdc.gov/obesity/childhood/defining.html. Accessed July 24, 2009.
- Feeding problems in children with autism spectrum disorders: A review.Focus Autism Other Dev Disabl. 2006; 21: 153-166
- Changes in food selectivity in children with autism spectrum disorder.J Autism Dev Disord. 2017; 47: 439-446
- Overweight and obesity in a sample of children with autism spectrum disorder.Acad Pediatr. 2015; 15: 396-404
- Overweight and obese status in children with autism spectrum disorder and disruptive behavior.Autism. 2017; 1 (1362361316683888)
- Eating habits and dietary status on young children with autism.J Autism Dev Disord. 2008; 20: 437-448
- Limitations in the assessment of dietary energy intake by self-report.Metabolism. 1995; 44: 18-22
- Considerations for selecting a dietary assessment system.J Food Compost Anal. 2008; 21: S13-S19
- Nutrient intake from food in children with autism.Pediatrics. 2012; 130: S145-S153
STATEMENT OF POTENTIAL CONFLICT OF INTEREST No potential conflict of interest was reported by the authors.
FUNDING/SUPPORT There is no funding to disclose.