Main outcome measures
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Classification and diagnosis of diabetes: Standards of medical care in diabetes - 2018.Diabetes Care. 2018; 41: S13-S27
- IDF clinical practice recommendations for managing type 2 diabetes in primary care-2017.https://www.idf.org/e-library/guidelines/128-idf-clinical-practice-recommendations-for-managing-type-2-diabetes-in-primary-care.htmlDate accessed: July 23, 2018
- Prevalence of diabetes in Brazil over time: A systematic review with meta-analysis.Diabetol Metab Syndr. 2016; 8: 65
- Lifestyle management: Standards of medical care in diabetes – 2018.Diabetes Care. 2018; 41: S38-S50
- Nutrition therapy recommendations for the management of adults with diabetes.Diabetes Care. 2014; 37: S120-S143
- Healthy Eating Index-beyond the score.J Acad Nutr Diet. 2017; 117: 519-521
- Associations between diet quality, health status and diabetic complications with type 2 diabetes and comorbid obesity.Endocrinol Nutr. 2012; 59: 109-116
- Association of dietary quality indices with glycemic status in Korean patients with type 2 diabetes.Clin Nutr Res. 2013; 2: 100-106
- Dietary quality in a sample of adults with type 2 diabetes mellitus in Ireland: A cross-sectional case control study.Nutr J. 2013; 12: 110
- Definition, Diagnosis and Classification of Diabetes Mellitus and its Complications: Report of a WHO Consultation. Part 1, Diagnosis and Classification of Diabetes Mellitus. World Health Organization, Geneva, Switzerland1999
- Critério de Classificação Econômica Brasil. São Paulo, 2015.http://www.abep.org/criterio-brasilDate accessed: July 23, 2018
- International Physical Activity Questionnaire.https://sites.google.com/site/theipaq/questionnaire_linksDate accessed: July 23, 2018
IPAQ Research Committee. Guidelines for Data Processing and Analysis of the International Physical Activity Questionnaire (IPAQ). November, 2005. https://sites.google.com/site/theipaq/scoring-protocol. Accessed December 27, 2018.
- Blood pressure measuring devices: Recommendations of the European Society of Hypertension.BMJ. 2001; 322: 531-536
- 2017 ACC/AHA/AAPA/ABC/ACPM/AGS/APhA/ASH/ASH/ASPC/NMA/PCNA guideline for the prevention, detection, evaluation, and management of high blood pressure in adults: Executive summary: A report of the American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association Task Force on Clinical Practice Guidelines.Hypertension. 2018; 71: 1269-1324
- Microvascular complications and foot care: Standards of medical care in diabetes.Diabetes Care. 2018; 41: S105-S118
- Anthropometric assessment of body composition.in: Principles of Nutritional Assessment. 2nd ed. Oxford University Press, New York, NY2005: 282
- The IDF consensus worldwide definition of the metabolic syndrome, 2006.https://www.idf.org/e-library/consensus-statements.htmlDate accessed: July 23, 2018
- Global database on body mass index. BMI classification. 2006.http://www.assessmentpsychology.com/icbmi.htmDate accessed: July 23, 2018
- Screening for nutritional status in the elderly.Prim Care. 1994; 21: 55-67
- Development of a quantitative food frequency questionnaire for Brazilian patients with type 2 diabetes.BMC Public Health. 2013; 13: 740
- Reproducibility and validity of a quantitative FFQ designed for patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus from southern Brazil.Public Health Nutr. 2013; 17: 2237-2245
- Update of the Healthy Eating Index: HEI-2010.J Acad Nutr Diet. 2013; 113: 569-580
- 4a edição revisada e ampliada.http://www.cfn.org.br/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/taco_4_edicao_ampliada_e_revisada.pdfDate accessed: July 23, 2018
- Issues in analysis and presentation of dietary data.in: Nutritional Epidemiology. 3rd ed. Oxford University Press, New York, NY2013: 306
- Determination of blood glucose using an oxidase-peroxidase system with a noncarcinogenic chromogen.J Clin Pathol. 1969; 22: 148-161
- Accuracy of conversion formulae for estimation of glycohaemoglobin.Scand J Clin Lab Invest. 1998; 58: 521-558
- A comparison of two micro-methods for the determination of HDL2 and HDL3 cholesterol.Clin Chim Acta. 1983; 129: 221-228
- Estimation of the concentration of low-density lipoprotein cholesterol in plasma, without use of the preparative ultracentrifuge.Clin Chem. 1972; 18: 499-502
- Automated reaction-rate method for determination of serum creatinine with the centrifichem.Clin Chem. 1971; 15: 696-704
- GFR calculator.http://ckdepi.org/equations/gfr-calculator/Date accessed: July 23, 2018
- Agreement of different immunoassays for urinary albumin measurement.Clin Chem. 2008; 54: 925-927
- PASW Statistics for Windows. Version 18.0. SPSS Inc, Chicago, IL2009
- Critical analysis of the diet quality of the Brazilian population according to the Healthy Eating Index: A systematic review.Cien Saude Colet. 2015; 20: 3907-3923
- Dietary pattern analysis: A new direction in nutritional epidemiology.Curr Opin Lipidol. 2002; 13: 3-9
- Dietetic indices for assessment of diet quality.Rev Nutr. 2010; 23: 281-295
- A systematic review and meta-analysis of nutrition therapy compared with dietary advice in patients with type 2 diabetes.Am J Clin Nutr. 2017; 106: 1394-1400
- Dietary assessment methods in epidemiologic studies.Epidemiol Health. 2014; 36: e2014009
- Evaluation of the Healthy Eating Index-2015.J Acad Nutr Diet. 2018; 118: 1622-1633
STATEMENT OF POTENTIAL CONFLICT OF INTEREST No potential conflict of interest was reported by the authors.
FUNDING/SUPPORT This study was supported by Fundo de Incentivo à Pesquisa e Eventos (ID 130489), Hospital de Clínicas de Porto Alegre, Porto Alegre, Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil.
AUTHOR CONTRIBUTIONS J. P. Antonio and R. A. Sarmento contributed to data collection. J. P. Antonio wrote the manuscript. J. P. Antonio and J. C. de Almeida contributed to the statistical analysis, interpretation of data, and reviewed the manuscript critically. All authors read and approved the final manuscript.