Main outcome measures
Statistical analysis performed
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- A new air displacement method for the determination of human body composition.Med Sci Sports Exerc. 1995; 27: 1692-1697
- Dual-energy x-ray absorptiometry for total-body and regional bone-mineral and soft-tissue composition.Am J Clin Nutr. 1990; 51: 1106-1112
- Measuring body composition.Arch Dis Child. 2006; 91: 612-617
- Body fat assessed from total body density and its estimation from skinfold thickness: Measurements on 481 men and women aged from 16 to 72 years.Br J Nutr. 1974; 32: 77-97
- Asians are different from Caucasians and from each other in their body mass index/body fat per cent relationship.Obes Rev. 2002; 3: 141-146
- Neonatal anthropometry: The thin–fat Indian baby. The Pune maternal nutrition study.Int J Obes. 2003; 27: 173-180
- Sex and race differences in fat distribution among Asian, African-American, and Caucasian prepubertal children.J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2002; 87: 2164-2170
- The prediction of body composition in Chinese Australian females.Int J Obes. 2001; 25: 286
- Body size, body composition and fat distribution: comparative analysis of European, Maori, Pacific Island and Asian Indian adults.Br J Nutr. 2009; 102: 632-641
- Abdominal visceral and subcutaneous adipose tissue compartments: Association with metabolic risk factors in the Framingham Heart Study.Circulation. 2007; 116: 39-48
- Predicting fat percent by skinfolds in racial groups: Durnin and Womersley revisited.Med Sci Sports Exerc. 2011; 43: 542
- Modesty and healthcare for women: Understanding cultural sensitivities.Community Oncol. 2006; 3: 443-446
- Anthropometric Standardization Reference Manual.Champaign, IL: Human Kinetics Books, 1988
- New skinfold-thickness equation for predicting percentage body fat in Chinese obese children.HK J Paediatr. 2009; 14: 96-102
- Validity and reliability of skinfold measurement in assessing body fatness of Chinese children.Asia Pac J Clin Nutr. 2010; 19: 350-357
- Comparison of anthropometry to dual energy X-ray absorptiometry: A new prediction equation for women.Res Q Exerc Sport. 2004; 75: 248-258
- SPSS.([computer program]. Version 24) IBM Corp, Armonk, NY2016
- R: A language and environment for statistical computing.([computer program]. Version 3.3.2) Austria, Vienna2016
- Prediction of body fat by anthropometry in older Chinese people.Obesity. 2001; 9: 97-101
- The development and validation of new equations for estimating body fat percentage among Chinese men and women.Br J Nutr. 2015; 113: 1365-1372
- Validity of the body mass index as an indicator of adiposity in an ethnically diverse population of youths.Am J Hum Biol. 1996; 8: 641-651
STATEMENT OF POTENTIAL CONFLICT OF INTEREST No potential conflict of interest was reported by the authors.
FUNDING/SUPPORT Studies reported in this manuscript were funded by the Agency for Science, Technology and Research (A*STAR) and educational grant from Beneo GmbH (Germany), respectively.