Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Anticipating the "silver tsunami": Prevalence trajectories and comorbidity burden among older cancer survivors in the United States.Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. 2016; 25: 1029-1036
- Can older gardeners meet the physical activity recommendation through gardening?.Horttechnology. 2008; 18: 639-643
- Harvest for health gardening intervention feasibility study in cancer survivors.Acta Oncol. 2013; 52: 1110-1118
- Growing minds: Evaluating the relationship between gardening and fruit and vegetable consumption in older adults.Horttechnology. 2010; 20: 711-717
- Diabetes on the Navajo nation: What role can gardening and agriculture extension play to reduce it?.Rural Remote Health. 2006; 6: 640
- Delaying dementia and nursing home placement: The Dubbo study of elderly Australians over a 14-year follow-up.Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2007; 1114: 121-129
- Indoor gardening older adults: Effects on socialization, activities of daily living, and loneliness.J Gerontol Nurs. 2004; 30: 34-42
- Accelerated aging among cancer survivors: From pediatrics to geriatrics.Am Soc Clin Oncol Educ Book. 2014; : e423-e430
- Health behaviors and perceptions of cancer survivors harvesting at an urban garden.Am J Health Behav. 2015; 39: 257-266
- Lifestyle interventions in cancer survivors: Designing programs that meet the needs of this vulnerable and growing population.J Nutr. 2007; 137: 243s-248s
- Detailed methods of two home-based vegetable gardening intervention trials to improve diet, physical activity, and quality of life in two different populations of cancer survivors.Contemp Clin Trials. 2016; 50: 201-212
- Physical & Mental Health Summary Scales: A Manual for Users of Version 2.QualityMetric, Inc, Lincoln, RI2007
- Anthropometric Standardization reference manual.Med Sci Sports Exerc. 1992; 24: 952
- The development and national norming of a functional fitness test for older adults.Med Sci Sports Exerc. 1999; 31: S399
- Measuring cortisol and DHEA in fingernails: A pilot study.Neuropsychiatr Dis Treat. 2010; 6: 1-7
National Cancer Institute. Fruit & vegetable screeners in the Eating at America's Table Study (EATS). http://appliedresearch.cancer.gov/diet/screeners/fruitveg/. Accessed October 27, 2017.
- A simple method to assess exercise behavior in the community.Canadian J Appl Sport Sci. 1985; 10: 141-146
- Promoting changes in diet and physical activity in breast and colorectal cancer screening settings: An unexplored opportunity for endorsing healthy behaviors.Cancer Prev Res. 2013; 6: 165-172
- Multidimensional functional assessment of older adults: The Duke Older americans resources and services procedures.PsycCRITIQUES. 1990; 35
- A global measure of perceived stress.J Health Soc Behav. 1983; 24: 385-396
- The Provisions of Social Relationships and Adaptation to Stress.JAI Press, Greenwich, CT1987
- Health promotion by social cognitive means.Health Educ Behav. 2004; 31: 143-164
- The development of scales to measure social support for diet and exercise behaviors.Prev Med. 1987; 16: 825-836
- The development of self-efficacy scales for healthrelated diet and exercise behaviors.Health Educ Res. 1988; 3: 283-292
- Social ecology and behavioral medicine: Implications for training, practice, and policy.Behav Med. 2000; 26: 129-138
- Analysis of telomerase activity and detection of its catalytic subunit, hTERT.Analyt Biochem. 2003; 315: 1-21
SAS [computer program]. Version 9.4. Cary, NC: SAS Institute Inc.; 2013.
- Nutrition and physical activity guidelines for cancer survivors.CA Cancer J Clin. 2012; 62: 243-274
World Health Organization. Waist circumference and waist–hip ratio: Report of a WHO expert consultation. http://apps.who.int/iris/bitstream/10665/44583/1/9789241501491_eng.pdf. Accessed October 28, 2017.
- Barriers to recruiting underrepresented populations to cancer clinical trials: A systematic review.Cancer. 2008; 112: 228-242
- Effects of home-based diet and exercise on functional outcomes among older, overweight long-term cancer survivors: RENEW: A randomized controlled trial.JAMA. 2009; 301: 1883-1891
- Fruit and vegetable consumption and mortality from all causes, cardiovascular disease, and cancer: Systematic review and dose-response meta-analysis of prospective cohort studies.BMJ. 2014; 349: g4490
- Changes in waist circumference and mortality in middle-aged men and women.PLoS One. 2010; 5
- Waist circumference and all-cause mortality in a large US cohort.Arch Intern Med. 2010; 170: 1293-1301
- Cardiorespiratory fitness and adiposity as mortality predictors in older adults.JAMA. 2007; 298: 2507-2516
- Effect of physical activity and body size on survival after diagnosis with colorectal cancer.Gut. 2006; 55: 62-67
- Influence of mindfulness-based stress reduction (MBSR) on telomerase activity in women with breast cancer.Biol Res Nurs. 2014; 16: 438-447
- Increased telomerase activity and comprehensive lifestyle changes: A pilot study.Lancet Oncol. 2008; 9: 1048-1057
- Effect of comprehensive lifestyle changes on telomerase activity and telomere length in men with biopsy-proven low-risk prostate cancer: 5-year follow-up of a descriptive pilot study.Lancet Oncol. 2013; 14: 1112-1120
- Metabolic adaptations to short-term high-intensity interval training: A little pain for a lot of gain?.Exerc Sport Sci Rev. 2008; 36: 58-63
- Physical exercise and musculoskeletal pain among forest industry workers.Scand J Med Sci Sports. 2001; 11: 239-246
STATEMENT OF POTENTIAL CONFLICT OF INTEREST No potential conflict of interest was reported by the authors.
FUNDING/SUPPORT Funding was provided National Institutes of Health, National Cancer Institution R21 CA182508, National Institutes of Health, National Cancer Institute Cancer Prevention and Control Training Program Grant R25 CA047888, and National Institutes of Health, National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases P30 DK079626, and the Diana Dyer Endowment of the American Institute for Cancer Research.
ClinicalTrials.gov ID: NCT02150148.