Main outcome measures
Statistical analyses performed
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- A pre-post evaluation of an ambulatory nutrition support service for malnourished patients post hospital discharge: A pilot study.Ann Acad Med Singapore. 2013; 42: 507-513
- Dietary advice with or without oral nutritional supplements for disease-related malnutrition in adults.Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2011; : 1-138
- Protein and energy supplementation in elderly people at risk from malnutrition.Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2009; : 1-96
- Effectivenss of ‘rehabilitation in the home’ service.Aust Health Rev. 2014; 38: 506-509
- Home Enteral Nutrition therapy: Difficulties, satisfactions and support needs of caregivers assisting older patients.Clin Nutr. 2017; 36: 1062-1067
The Government of South Australia. Domicilary Care. https://www.sa.gov.au/topics/community-support/in-home-care/domiciliary-care Updated March 6, 2016. Accessed November 24, 2016.
Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. Practice tips: Telehealth: Challenges and Opportunities. 2013. http://www.eatright.org/HealthProfessionals/content.aspx?id=11276. Accessed November 24, 2016.
- Nutrition and telephone counseling: Future implications for dietitians and teledietetics.Top Clin Nutr. 2010; 25: 88-108
- Videoconferencing in facilities providing care for elderly people.J Telemed Telecare. 2002; 8: 22-24
- Evidence based practice guidelines for the nutritional management of malnutrition in adult patients across the continuum of care.Nutr Diet. 2009; 66: S1-S34
- Consensus Statement: Academy of Nutrition and Dieteitcs and American Society for Parenteral and Enteral nutrtion: Characteristics recommended for the identification and documentation of adult malnutrition (undernutrition).J Parenter Enter Nutr. 2012; 36: 275-283
- Diagnosing Malnutrition in Cancer Patients: Patient-generated Subjective Global Assessment.([digital video disc]) American Dietetic Association, Chicago2000
- Image-assisted dietary assessment: A systematic review of the evidence.J Acad Nutr Diet. 2015; 115: 64-77
- Reducing the risks of wound consultation: Adding digital images to verbal reports.J Wound Ostomy Continence Nurs. 2009; 36: 163-170
- Teledermatology: A review.Br J Dermatol. 2001; 144: 696-707
- Staging and defining characteristics of pressure ulcers using photographs by staff nurses in acute care settings.J Wound Ostomy Continence Nurs. 2013; 40: 150-156
Pt-Global. PG-SGA© [The Scored Patient-Generated Subjective Global Assessment]. 2014, http://pt-global.org/?page_id=13. Accessed September 9, 2015.
- What is subjective global assessment of nutritional status?.J Parenter Enteral Nutr. 1987; 11: 8-13
World Medical Association. Declaration of Helsinki: Ethical principles for medical research involving human subjects http://www.wma.net/en/30publications/10policies/b3/index.html. Assessed January 25, 2016.
- Enteral compared with parenteral nutrition: A meta-analysis.Am J Clin Nutr. 2001; 74: 534-542
Australian Insitute of Health and Welfare. Indigenous observatory: Life expectancy. http://www.aihw.gov.au/indigenous-observatory-life-expectancy/ Accessed November 24, 2016.
Flinders Medical Centre General Medicine Training programs. http://www.flinders.sa.gov.au/medical/pages/genmed/ Accessed January 10, 2016.
- Accuracy of a web-based system for monitoring chronic wounds.Telemed J E Health. 2003; 9: 129-140
- Validity of pressure ulcer diagnosis using digital photography.Wound Repair Regen. 2009; 17: 287-290
- Telemedicine in vascular surgery: Feasibility of digital imaging for remote management of wounds.J Vasc Surg. 1998; 27: 1089-1100
- Evaluation of muscle and fat loss as diagnostic criteria for malnutrition.Nutr Clin Pract. 2015; 30: 239-248
- Nutrition screening in geriatric rehabilitation criterion (concurrent and predictive) validity of the Malnutrition Screening Tool and the Mini Nutritional Assessment-Short Form.J Acad Nutr Diet. 2016; 116: 795-801
- Beyond malnutrition screening: Appropriate methods to guide nutrition care for aged care residents.J Acad Nutr Diet. 2012; 112: 376-381
- Validation of a malnutrition screening tool for patient receiving radiotherapy.Australas Radiol. 1999; 43: 325-327
- Statistical methodology: I. Incorporating the prevalence of disease into the sample size calculation for sensitivity and specificity.Acad Emerg Med. 1996; 3: 895-900
- Health Science Research: A Handbook of Quantitative Methods.Allen & Unwin, Sydney, Australia2001
- Interrater reliability: The kappa statistic.Biochem Med (Zagreb). 2012; 22: 276-282
IBM SPSS Statistics (for Windows) [computer program]. Version 22.0. Armonk, NY: IBM Corp; 2013.
VassarStats: Website for statistical computation. http://vassarstats.net/. Accessed January 9, 2016.
- Nutrition screening tools: Does one size fit all? A systematic review of screening tools for the hospital setting.Clin Nutr. 2014; 33: 39-58
Stats Weighted Kappa [computer program]. Version 5, Armonk, NY: IBM Corp; 2015.
- Sensitivity and specificity of malnutrition screening tools used in the adult hospitalized patient setting: A systematic review.Top Clin Nutr. 2015; 30: 289-301
- Comparison of in-person and digital photograph assessment of stage III and IV pressure ulcers among veterans with spinal cord injuries.J Rehabil Res Dev. 2011; 48: 215-224
- The Swedish version of the patient-generated subjective global assessment of nutritional status: gastrointestinal vs urological cancers.Clin Nutr. 1999; 18: 71-77
- The STARD statement for reporting studies of diagnostic accuracy: Explanation and elaboration.Ann Intern Med. 2003; 138: W1-W12
- A qualitative study of ethical, medico-legal and clinical governance matters in Australian telehealth services.J Telemed Telecare. 2012; 18: 109-114
STATEMENT OF POTENTIAL CONFLICT OF INTEREST No potential conflict of interest was reported by the authors.
FUNDING DISCLOSURE This study was supported through the Seeding Grant Scheme by the Faculty of Medicine, Nursing and Health Sciences, Flinders University.