Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Treatment Manual for Anorexia Nervosa: A Family-Based Approach.2nd ed. Guilford Press, New York, NY2015
- Practice Paper of the American Dietetic Association: Nutritional Intervention in the Treatment of Eating Disorders.J Am Diet Assoc. 2011; 111: 1236-1241
- Feeding and Eating Disorders: DSM-5® Selections.American Psychiatric Association, Washington, DC2015
- American Academy of Pediatrics Committee on Adolescence. Identification and management of eating disorders in children and adolescents.Pediatrics. 2010; 126: 1240-1253
- Academy for eating disorders position paper: The role of the family in eating disorders.Int J Eat Disord. 2010; 43: 1-5
- Position of the American Dietetic Association: Nutrition intervention in the treatment of eating disorders.J Am Diet Assoc. 2011; 111: 1236-1241
- American Dietetic Association: Standards of practice and standards of professional performance for registered dietitians (competent, proficient, and expert) in disordered eating and eating disorders (DE and ED).J Am Diet Assoc. 2011; 111: 1242-1249
- The CEDRD in Eating Disorder Care.International Association of Eating Disorder Professionals, Pekin, IL2015
- ADA Pocket Guide to Eating Disorders.American Dietetic Association, Chicago, IL2011
- Promoting optimal collaboration between mental health providers and nutritionists in the treatment of eating disorders.Eat Disord. 2013; 21: 185-205
- Prevalence and correlates of eating disorders in adolescents.Arch Gen Psychiatry. 2011; 68: 714
- Review of the prevalence and incidence of eating disorders.Int J Eat Disord. 2003; 34: 383-396
- Early weight gain predicts outcome in two treatments for adolescent anorexia nervosa.Int J Eat Disord. 2014; 47: 124-129
- Eating disorders in youth: Diagnostic variability and predictive validity.Int J Eat Disord. 2011; 44: 692-702
- A Collaborative Approach to Eating Disorders.Routledge, Abingdon, UK2013
- Early response to family-based treatment for adolescent anorexia nervosa.Int J Eat Disord. 2010; 43: 659-662
- An evaluation of family therapy in anorexia nervosa and bulimia nervosa.Arch Gen Psychiatry. 1987; 44: 1047-1056
- Family therapy for adolescent anorexia nervosa: The results of a controlled comparison of two family interventions.Focus. 2005; 3: 629-640
- Randomized clinical trial comparing family-based treatment with adolescent-focused individual therapy for adolescents with anorexia nervosa.Arch Gen Psychiatry. 2010; 67: 1025-1032
- Eating Disorders in Children and Adolescents: A Clinical Handbook.Guilford Press, New York2011
- Nutrition and dietetic practice in eating disorder management.J Hum Nutr Diet. 2011; 24: 144-153
- An exploratory examination of patient and parental self-efficacy as predictors of weight gain in adolescents with anorexia nervosa.Int J Eat Disord. 2015; 48: 883-888
- Nutrition therapy for eating disorders.Nutr Clin Pract. 2010; 25: 122-136
- Nutrition care process terminology (NCPT).in: Lawrence J. Douglas P. Gandy J. Dietetic and Nutrition Case Studies. John Wiley & Sons, Hoboken, NJ2016: 8-11
- Krause’s Food & the Nutrition Care Process.Elsevier Health Sciences, New York, NY2016
- What should you know about mindful and intuitive eating?.J Am Diet Assoc. 2009; 109: 1982-1987
- The Official Pocket Guide to Diabetic Exchanges: Choose Your Foods.American Diabetes Association, Arlington, VA2011
- Are intuitive eating and eating disorder symptomatology opposite poles of the same construct?.J Couns Psychol. 2006; 53: 474-485
- The Intuitive Eating Workbook: Ten Principles for Nourishing a Healthy Relationship with Food.New Harbinger Publications, Oakland, CA2017
- Intuitive Eating.3rd ed. Macmillan, New York, NY2012
- Nutrition Counseling in the Treatment of Eating Disorders.Routledge, New York, NY2013
- Skills-based Learning for Caring for a Loved One with an Eating Disorder: The New Maudsley Method.Routledge, Abingdon, UK2007
- Eating Disorders: A Guide to Medical Care and Complications.Johns Hopkins University Press, Baltimore, MD1999
- Treatment goal weight in adolescents with anorexia nervosa: Use of BMI percentiles.Int J Eat Disord. 2008; 41: 301-306
- Effect of a prior history of overweight on return of menses in adolescents with eating disorders.J Adolesc Health. 2017; 60: 469-471
- Resumption of menses in anorexia nervosa.Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med. 1997; 151: 16-21
Tylka TL. Intuitive Eating Scale, 2006. PsycTESTS Dataset. Available at: https://doi.org/10.1037/t01749-000. Accessed September 1, 2017.
- Registered dietitian nutritionists bring value to emerging health care delivery models.J Acad Nutr Diet. 2014; 114: 2017-2022
This article was written by Bryan Lian, MS, RDN, a clinical dietitian II, Stanford University, Stanford, CA; Sarah E. Forsberg, PsyD, a clinical psychologist, University of California, San Francisco; and Kathleen Kara Fitzpatrick, PhD, a clinical assistant professor of psychiatry and behavioral sciences and child development, Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Stanford Hospital/Stanford Children's Hospital, Stanford, CA.
STATEMENT OF POTENTIAL CONFLICT OF INTEREST No potential conflict of interest was reported by the authors.
FUNDING/SUPPORT There is no funding to disclose.