Main outcome measures
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- The National Cancer Institute’s Dietary Assessment Primer.FASEB J. 2015; 29 (905-1)
- The National Cancer Institute’s Dietary Assessment Primer: A resource for diet research.J Acad Nutr Diet. 2015; 115: 1986-1995
- Application and interpretation of multiple statistical tests to evaluate validity of dietary intake assessment methods.Nutr J. 2015; 14: 1-11
- Dietary intake—How do we measure what people are really eating?.Obesity. 2002; 10: 63S-68S
- Dietary assessment methodology.Nutr Prev Treat Dis. 2015; 2: 3-39
- Nutritional Epidemiology.3rd ed. Oxford University Press, New York, NY2013
- Semantic and episodic memory.in: Psychology. 2nd ed. Worth, Inc, New York, NY2011: 240-241
Dietary Assessment Primer, 24-hour Dietary Recall (24HR) At a Glance. National Institutes of Health, National Cancer Institute. https://dietassessmentprimer.cancer.gov/. Accessed April 22, 2017.
Dietary Assessment Primer, Food Frequency Questionnaire at a Glance. National Institutes of Health, National Cancer Institute. https://dietassessmentprimer.cancer.gov/. Accessed April 22, 2017.
- Measuring dietary change in a diet intervention trial: Comparing food frequency questionnaire and dietary recalls.Am J Epidemiol. 2003; 157: 754-762
- A systematic review of behavioral interventions to promote intake of fruit and vegetables.J Am Diet Assoc. 2011; 111: 1523-1535
- Associations of race/ethnicity, education, and dietary intervention with the validity and reliability of a food frequency questionnaire: The Women’s Health Trial Feasibility Study in Minority Populations.Am J Epidemiol. 1997; 146: 856-869
- Development and evaluation of a brief questionnaire to assess dietary fat quality in low-income overweight women in the southern United States.J Nutr Educ Behav. 2013; 45: 355-361
- Enhancing physical and social environments to reduce obesity among public housing residents: Rationale, trial design, and baseline data for the Healthy Families Study.Contemp Clin Trials. 2014; 39: 201-210
- Validation of a self-administered diet history questionnaire using multiple diet records.J Clin Epidemiol. 1990; 43: 1327-1335
- The USDA Automated Multiple-Pass Method accurately estimates group total energy and nutrient intake.J Nutr. 2006; 136: 2594-2599
- The US Department of Agriculture Automated Multiple-Pass Method reduces bias in the collection of energy intakes.Am J Clin Nutr. 2008; 88: 324-332
- How we design feasibility studies.Am J Prev Med. 2009; 36: 452-457
- The role and interpretation of pilot studies in clinical research.J Psychiatr Res. 2011; 45: 626-629
- Nuts and bolts of conducting feasibility studies.Am J Occup Ther. 2013; 67: 171-176
- Handling nonresponse in social science research.J Agric Educ. 2001; 42: 43-53
- Quality indicators for group experimental and quasi-experimental research in special education.Except Child. 2005; 71: 149-164
- Qualitative Research & Evaluation Methods: Integrating Theory and Practice.4th edition. SAGE Publications, Inc, Thousand Oaks, CA2015
- Effective recruitment and retention of minority research participants.Annu Rev Public Health. 2006; 27: 1-28
- Recruitment and retention of participants in a pragmatic randomized intervention trial at three community health clinics: Results and lessons learned.BMC Public Health. 2013; 13: 192
- Recruitment and retention of rural African Americans in diabetes research: Lessons learned.Diabetes Educ. 2005; 31: 251-259
- High levels of low energy reporting on 24-hour recalls and three questionnaires in an elderly low-socioeconomic status population.J Nutr. 2007; 137: 1286-1293
- Eight self-administered 24-hour dietary recalls using the Internet are feasible in African Americans and whites: The Energetics Study.J Am Diet Assoc. 2010; 110: 857-864
- Experiences of African-American women with Smartphone-based ecological momentary assessment.Publ Health Nurs. 2016; 33: 371-380
- Ethnicity and recruitment rates in clinical research studies.Appl Nurs Res. 2003; 16: 189-195
- A systematic review of barriers and facilitators to minority research participation among African Americans, Latinos, Asian Americans, and Pacific Islanders.Am J Publ Health. 2014; 104: e16-e31
- Recruitment and retention strategies for minority or poor clinical research participants: Lessons from the Healthy Aging in Neighborhoods of Diversity Across the Life Span Study.Gerontologist. 2011; 51: S33-S45
STATEMENT OF POTENTIAL CONFLICT OF INTEREST L. M. Quintiliani has served as a consultant for Partners HealthCare Inc on a research grant. This work is unrelated to the work presented in this manuscript. No potential conflict of interest was reported by the other authors.
FUNDING/SUPPORT Supported by The Boston University Institutional Research Grant, IRG 72 001-36 from the American Cancer Society.