Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
US Department of Agriculture Food and Nutrtion Service. SNAP Monthly Data 2017. https://www.fns.usda.gov/pd/supplemental-nutrition-assistance-program-snap. Accessed 04/20/17.
Mabli J, Ohls J, Dragoset L, Castner L, Santos B. Measuring the Effect of Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) Participation on Food Security. Prepared by Mathematica Policy Research for the US Department of Agriculture, Food and Nutrition Service, August 2013. Princeton, NJ: Mathematica Policy Research; 2013.
- Dietary quality of Americans by Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program participation status: A systematic ereview.Am J Prev Med. 2015; 49: 594-604
- Dietary intake and dietary quality of low-income adults in the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program.Am J Clin Nutr. 2012; 96: 977-988
- Diet Quality of Americans by Food Stamp Participation Status: Data from the National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey, 1999-2004.USDA Food and Nutrition Service, Washington, DC2008 (FSP-08-NH)
- Low-income Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program participation is related to adiposity and metobolic risk factors.Am J Clin Nutr. 2012; 95: 17-24
General Accounting Office. Food Stamp Program: Options for Delivering Financial Incentives to Participants for Targeted Foods. Washington, DC: 2008. GAO-08-415.
- Obesity in low-income communities: Prevalence, effects, a place to being.J Am Diet Assoc. 2006; 106: 34-37
- Likely effects on obesity from proposed changes to the US food stamp program.Food Policy. 2009; 34: 176-184
- Improving food choices-can Food Stamps do more?.Amber Waves. 2007; 5: 22-28
- Using the food stamp program and other methods to promote healthy diets for low-income consumers.Am J Public Health. 2010; 100: 1562-1564
- Impact and ethics of excluding sweetened beverages from the SNAP program.Am J Public Health. 2011; 101: 2037-2043
- The Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, soda, and USDA policy.JAMA. 2011; 306: 2670
- Main proposed ban on junk food purchases with food stamps.Reuters. 2015; (Accessed December 30, 2015)
- Public support for policies to improve the nutritional impact of the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP).Public Health Nutr. 2014; 17: 219-224
- Support for policies to improve the nutritional impact of the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program in California.Am J Public Health. 2015; 105: 1576-1580
Bartlett S, Kerman J, Olsho L, et al. Evaluation of the Healthy Incentives Pilot (HIP): Final Report. Prepared by Abt Associates for the U.S. Department of Agriculture, Food and Nutrition Service, September 2014. Cambridge, MA: Abt Associates; 2014.
- Effects of subsidies and prohibitions on nutrition in a food benefit program: A randomized clinical trial.JAMA Intern Med. 2016; 176: 1610-1618
USDA Economic Research Service. U.S. Household Food Security Survey Module: Six-Item Short Form. 2012. http://www.ers.usda.gov/topics/food-nutrition-assistance/food-security-in-the-us/survey-tools.aspx. Accessed July 13, 2017.
- Anthropometric Standardization Reference Manual.Human Kinetics Press, Champaign, IL1988
SAS statistical software [computer program]. Version 9.3. Cary, NC: SAS Institute, Inc; 2011.
- Three approaches to qualitative content analysis.Qual Health Res. 2005; 15: 1277-1288
FileMaker Pro 11 [computer program]. Santa Clara, CA: FileMaker, Inc; 2010.
STATEMENT OF POTENTIAL CONFLICT OF INTEREST No potential conflict of interest was reported by the authors.
FUNDING/SUPPORT This research was completed with funding from the National Institutes of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases at the Division of Epidemiology & Community Health, School of Public Health at the University of Minnesota.