Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Implications of the Dietetics Workforce Demand Study.J Acad Nutr Diet. 2012; 111: S92-S94
- Spring 2014 internship computer match results.ACEND UPdate. May 2014; (Accessed December 12, 2016): 2-3
- Spring 2014 internship computer match results.ACEND UPdate. November 2016; (Accessed May 8, 2017): 4
- Be a preceptor: Create tomorrow's leaders.J Acad Nutr Diet. 2013; 113: 493
- Creating our competition: Why the dietetics internships shortage is as important to your future as it is to the practitioners of tomorrow.ADA Times. Winter 2010; 7: 12-15
Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics. How Can I Help to Eliminate the Internship Shortage? Video recording. http://downloads.eatright.org/videos/cade/CADE_PreceptorRecruit.wmv. Accessed December 16, 2016.
- Dietetic preceptor educational needs from the preceptor, student, and faculty perspectives.J Allied Health. 2010; 39: 287-292
- Shaping future dietetics professionals. What’s in it for you?.J Am Diet Assoc. 2000; 100: 157-158
- “Learners as teachers” in general practice: Stakeholders’ views of the benefits and issues.Educ Prim Care. 2013; 24: 410-417
- Serving as a dietitian preceptor: How much time does it take and what are the benefits?.Top Clin Nutr. 1995; 10: 71-78
- Changes in the preceptor role: Re-visiting preceptors’ perceptions of benefits, rewards, support and commitment to the role.J Adv Nurs. 2007; 60: 513-524
- Supervised practice preceptors’ perceptions of rewards, benefits, support, and commitment to the preceptor role.J Am Diet Assoc. 2002; 102: 543-545
- Preceptors’ perspectives on benefits of precepting student pharmacists to students, preceptors, and the profession.J Am Pharm Assoc. 2006; 46: 605-612
- Preceptors enrich practice, profession.J Acad Nutr Diet. 2015; 115: 337
- Perceived roles, benefits, and supports for dietetic internship preceptors.Can J Diet Pract Res. 2010; 71: 33-38
- Benefits associated with serving as a preceptor for dietetic interns.J Am Diet Assoc. 2000; 100: 1195-1197
- An audit of clinical supervision in primary care.Br J Community Nurs. 2004; 9: 389-397
- Direct economic benefits associated with dietetic internships.J Am Diet Assoc. 1994; 94: 174-178
- Dietitians’ perceptions of precepting: Knowledge, skills, attitudes, barriers, and training.Can J Diet Pract Res. 2014; 75: 7-14
- A preceptor focus group approach to evaluation of a dietetic internship.J Am Diet Assoc. 2003; 103: 884-886
- Benefits and barriers among volunteer teaching faculty: Comparison between those who precept and those who do not in the core pediatrics clerkship.Med Educ Online. 2013; 18: 1-7
- Performance issues of dietetic interns: A dietetic educator's perspective.Can J Diet Pract Res. 2007; 68: 36-40
- Satisfaction, motivation, and future of community preceptors: What are the current trends?.Acad Med. 2013; 88: 1164-1170
- Barriers and motivators to mentoring dietetic internship students.J Acad Nutr Diet. 2016; 116: A73
- Perceptions, obstacles, and solutions for offering introductory pharmacy practice experiences in the community hospital setting: A qualitative survey.Curr Pharm Teach Learn. 2014; 6: 632-638
- Combining roles as an academic instructor and a clinical practitioner in occupational therapy: benefits, challenges, and strategies for success.Occup Ther Health Care. 2002; 15: 127-143
- The use of interviewing to assess dietetic internship preceptors’ needs and perceptions.J Acad Nutr Diet. 2006; 106: A48
- Essential to the profession’s future: Clinical preceptors.Adv Nurse Pract. 2000; 8: 58-62
The American Dietetic Association. Final Report of the Phase 2 Future Practice & Education Task Force. July 15, 2008. http://www.eatrightpro.org/∼/media/eatrightpro%20files/practice/future%20practice/phase_2_future_practice_education_task_force_final_report.ashx. Accessed December 16, 2016.
- Qualitative Research: A Guide to Design and Implementation.4th ed. Jossey-Bass, San Francisco, CA2015
- The Coding Manual for Qualitative Researchers.3rd ed. Sage Publications, Washington, DC2015
- Focus Groups: A Practical Guide for Applied Research.5th ed. Sage Publications, Washington, DC2014
Commission on Dietetics Registration (CDR). Online Dietetics Preceptor Training Course. https://www.cdrnet.org/news/online-dietetics-preceptor-training-course-free-of-charge. Accessed April 28, 2017.
- Effective clinical supervision for regional allied health professionals: The supervisor’s perspective.Aust Health Rev. 2013; 2: 262-267
- Becoming a super preceptor: A practical guide to preceptorship in today's clinical climate.J Am Acad Nurse Pract. 2008; 22: 144-149
- A survey of primary care physicians’ perceptions and needs regarding the precepting of medical students in their offices.Med Educ. 2001; 35: 789-795
Commission on Dietetics Registration (CDR). CPEU Credits for Preceptors. https://www.cdrnet.org/cpeu-credit-for-preceptors. Accessed April 28, 2017.
- Salary Survey Working Group. Compensation and benefits survey 2013: Education and job responsibility key to increased compensation.J Acad Nutr Diet. 2014; 114: 17-33
- Retaining staff: Implementation of a professional advancement model for clinical dietitians.J Am Diet Assoc. 2009; 109: A45
- A study of clinical dietetic workforce recruitment and retention in Queensland.Nutr Diet. 2011; 68: 70-76
Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND). Outstanding Preceptor Awards. http://www.eatrightpro.org/resource/acend/training-and-volunteer-opportunities/preceptors-and-mentors/outstanding-preceptor-awards. Accessed April 28, 2017.
- Characteristics of an effective preceptor: Dietetics education as a paradigm.J Allied Health. 2015; 44: 229-235
- Strategies for addressing the internship shortage and lack of ethnic diversity in dietetics.J Acad Nutr Diet. 2003; 113: 771-775
STATEMENT OF POTENTIAL CONFLICT OF INTEREST No potential conflict of interest was reported by the authors.
FUNDING/SUPPORT No funding was received for this project or to complete the manuscript.