Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Nutrition Care Process and Model: ADA adopts road map to quality care and outcomes management.J Am Diet Assoc. 2003; 103: 1061-1072
- A standardized nutrition care process and language are essential components of a conceptual model to guide and document nutrition care and patient outcomes.J Am Diet Assoc. 2004; 104: 1878-1884
- Implementation and practical application of the Nutrition Care Process in the dialysis unit.J Ren Nutr. 2013; 23: 65-73
- Increased familiarity, knowledge and confidence with Nutrition Care Process Terminology following implementation across a statewide health-care system.Nutr Diet. 2015; 72: 222-231
- Nutrition care process chains: The “missing link” between research and evidence-based practice.J Acad Nutr Diet. 2015; 115: 1491-1498
International Confederation of Dietetic Associations. “Dietetics around the World: The Newsletter of the ICDA.” 2011;18(2):2.
- Nutrition Care Process and Model: An academic and practice odyssey.J Acad Nutr Diet. 2014; 114: 1879-1894
- Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics methodology for developing evidence-based nutrition practice guidelines.J Acad Nutr Diet. 2016; 117: 794-804
- People Centred Care in Low- and Middle-Income Countries—Meeting Report.World Health Organization, Geneva, Switzerland2010
- Patient-centred care to improve dietetic practice: An integrative review.J Hum Nutr Diet. 2017; 30: 453-470
- Nutrition Care Process and Model part I: The 2008 update.J Am Diet Assoc. 2008; 108: 1113-1117
- Practice Paper of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics: Critical thinking skills in nutrition assessment and diagnosis.J Acad Nutr Diet. 2013; 113: 1545
- Nutrition Terminology Reference Manual (eNCPT): Dietetics Language for Nutrition Care.Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, Chicago, IL2016
- RDN practice level and application of the Nutrition Care Process.J Acad Nutr Diet. 2015; 115: A25
- Defining and classifying clinical indicators for quality improvement.Int J Qual Health Care. 2003; 15: 523-530
- A new breed of evidence and the tools to generate it: Introducing ANDHII.J Acad Nutr Diet. 2015; 115: 19-22
- Standardizing patient outcomes measurement.N Engl J Med. 2016; 374: 504-506
- Nutrition Care Process part II: Using the International Dietetics and Nutrition Terminology to document the Nutrition Care Process.J Am Diet Assoc. 2008; 108: 1291-1293
- International Dietetics and Nutrition Terminology (IDNT) Manual. American Dietetic Association, Chicago, IL2012
- Validation of the Academy/A.S.P.E.N. malnutrition clinical characteristics.J Acad Nutr Diet. 2016; 116: 856-864
- Sense of competence impedes uptake of new Academy Evidence-Based Practice Guidelines: Results of a survey.J Acad Nutr Diet. 2016; 116: 695-705
- Validation of an Automated Process for the Comparison of Nutrition Care with Evidence-Based Nutrition Practice Guidelines.American Medical Informatics Association, Chicago, IL2016
- A methodology for evaluating documentation of the Nutrition Care Process.J Am Diet Assoc. 2007; 107: A79
- Canadian perspectives on the nutrition care process and international dietetics and nutrition terminology.Can J Diet Pract Res. 2010; 71: e18-e20
- Evaluation of a Nutrition Care Process implementation package in hospital dietetic departments.Nutrition & Dietetics. 2015; 72: 213-221
- Evaluation of a Nutrition Care Process-based audit instrument, the Diet-NCP-Audit, for documentation of dietetic care in medical records.Scand J Caring Sci. 2014; 28: 390-397
- Implementation of the Nutrition Care Process and International Dietetics and Nutrition Terminology in a single-center hemodialysis unit: Comparing paper vs electronic records.J Acad Nutr Diet. 2014; 114: 124-130
- Development of a Nutrition Care Process implementation package for hospital dietetic departments.Nutr Diet. 2015; 72: 205-212
- Practicalities of using the Nutrition Care Process in research.J Ren Nutr. 2015; 25: 393-394
- Using a web-based nutrition algorithm in hemodialysis patients.J Ren Nutr. 2015; 25: 6-16
STATEMENT OF POTENTIAL CONFLICT OF INTEREST No potential conflict of interest was reported by the authors.
FUNDING/SUPPORT The Academy is the source of funding for the present Nutrition Care Process Model update. The authors and experts who conducted the Nutrition Care Process Model update had complete autonomy during all stages of the update and writing of the present manuscript.