Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Calculation of diabetic diets.J Am Diet Assoc. 1950; 26: 575-583
- Carbohydrate values of fruits and vegetables.J Nutr. 1940; 19: 593-604
- Simplified method for calculating diabetic diets.JAMA. 1947; 133: 169-171
- Nutrient analysis of Exchange Lists for Meal Planning: Variation in nutrient levels.J Am Diet Assoc. 1979; 75: 238-242
- Exchange lists: revised 1986.J Am Diet Assoc. 1987; 87: 28-34
- Macronutrient and energy database for the 1995 Exchange Lists for Meal Planning: A rationale for clinical practice decisions.J Am Diet Assoc. 1996; 96: 1167-1171
- Nutrient database for the 2003 exchange lists for meal planning.J Am Diet Assoc. 2003; 103: 894-920
- Developing a meal-planning exchange list for traditional dishes in Jordan.J Am Diet Assoc. 2007; 108: 840-846
- Developing a food exchange list for Middle Eastern appetizers and desserts commonly consumed in Jordan.Nutr Diet. 2009; 66: 20-26
- Successful manipulation of the quality and quantity of fat and carbohydrate consumed by free-living individuals using a food exchange model.J Nutr. 2009; 139: 1534-1540
- A simple meal plan emphasizing healthy food choices is as effective as an exchange-based meal plan for urban African Americans with type 2 diabetes.Diabetes Care. 2003; 26: 1719-1724
- Small rice bowl-based meal plan versus food exchange-based meal plan for weight, glucose and lipid control in obese type 2 diabetic patients.Korean Diabetes J. 2010; 34: 86-94
- A survey of diabetic educators and patients for the revision of korean food exchange lists.Diabetes Metab J. 2011; 35: 173-181
- LIPGENE food-exchange model for alteration of dietary fat quantity and quality in free-living participants from eight European countries.Br J Nutr. 2009; 101: 750-759
- Development of a food-exchange model to replace saturated fat with MUFAs and n-6 PUFAs in adults at moderate cardiovascular risk.J Nutr. 2014; 144: 846-855
- Intakes of most nutrients remain at acceptable levels during a weight management program using the food exchange system.J Am Diet Assoc. 2001; 101: 554-561
- Food exchange lists for meal planning in the patients with diabetic nephropathy.Nihon Rinsho. 2002; 60: 752S-757S
- Development of the South African renal exchange lists.S Afr J Clin Nutr. 2005; 18: 51-57
- Applied Nutrition and Diet Therapy: EUNSA.University of Navarra Editions, 2004
- Food and Nutrition: Theoretical and Practical Manual.Díaz de Santos, Madrid, Spain2005
- Nutrition and Clinical Dietetics.Masson, Barcelona, Spain2008
- Food Composition Tables of Habitual Spanish Household Measures.McGraw-Hill Interamericana, Madrid, Spain2008
- Healthy Food Guide.Everest-Spanish Society of Community Nutrition (SENC), Madrid2005
This article was written by Iva Marques-Lopes∗, PhD, RD, and Susana Menal-Puey∗, PhD, lecturers of nutrition and dietetics, Faculty of Health and Sport Sciences, University of Zaragoza, Huesca, Spain; J. Alfredo Martínez, MD, PhD, professor of food science and nutrition, Department of Nutrition, Food Science and Physiology, Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Navarra, Pamplona, Spain; and Giuseppe Russolillo, PhD, RD, president, Spanish Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, Pamplona, Spain.
STATEMENT OF POTENTIAL CONFLICT OF INTEREST No potential conflict of interest was reported by the authors.
FUNDING/SUPPORT There is no funding/support to disclose for this article.