Main outcome measures
Statistical analyses performed
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Long-term consequences of nutrition and growth in early childhood and possible preventive interventions.Nestle Nutr Inst Workshop Ser. 2014; 78: 111-120
- Pediatric nutrition surveillance.Nutr Clin Care. 2003; 6: 132-134
- Biological determinants linking infant weight gain and child obesity: Current knowledge and future directions.Adv Nutr. 2012; 3: 675-686
- Need for early interventions in the prevention of pediatric overweight: A review and upcoming directions.J Obes. 2012; 2012: 123023
- Clinical practice guidelines for feeding behaviors and weight-for-age at 12 months: A secondary analysis of the Infant Feeding Practices Study II.Worldviews Evidence-Based Nurs. 2012; 9: 234-242
- Determinants of rapid weight gain during infancy: Baseline results from the NOURISH randomised controlled trial.BMC Pediatr. 2011; 11: 99
- Feeding infants and toddlers study: What foods are infants and toddlers eating?.J Am Diet Assoc. 2004; 104: S22-S30
- Nutritional guidance is needed during dietary transition in early childhood.Pediatrics. 2000; 106: 109-114
- Development of food acceptance patterns in the first years of life.Proc Nutr Soc. 1998; 57: 617-624
- What do babies eat? Evaluation of a food frequency questionnaire to assess the diets of infants aged 12 months.Public Health Nutr. 2009; 12: 967-972
- Development of a food frequency questionnaire for toddlers of Low-German-Speaking Mennonites from Mexico.Can J Diet Pract Res. 2012; 73: 40-44
- Comparison of energy intake in toddlers assessed by food frequency questionnaire and total energy expenditure measured by the doubly labeled water method.J Acad Nutr Diet. 2013; 113: 459-463
- A short food-group-based dietary questionnaire is reliable and valid for assessing toddlers’ dietary risk in relatively advantaged samples.Br J Nutr. 2014; 112: 627-637
- Relative validity and reproducibility of a food frequency questionnaire for identifying the dietary patterns of toddlers in New Zealand.J Acad Nutr Diet. 2015; 115: 551-558
- Relative validity and reproducibility of an FFQ to determine nutrient intakes of New Zealand toddlers aged 12-24 months.Public Health Nutr. 2015; 18: 3265-3271
- Validation of a semi-quantitative food-frequency questionnaire used among 12-month-old Norwegian infants.Eur J Clin Nutr. 2003; 57: 881-888
- Validation of a food frequency questionnaire in Native American and Caucasian children 1-5 years of age.Matern Child Health J. 1999; 3: 167-172
- Relative validity and reliability of a food frequency questionnaire for a triethnic population of 1-year-old to 3-year-old children from low-income families.J Am Diet Assoc. 2005; 105: 727-734
- Relative validation of a beverage frequency questionnaire in children ages 6 months through 5 years using 3-day food and beverage diaries.J Am Diet Assoc. 2003; 103: 714-720
- Assessing initial validity and reliability of a beverage intake questionnaire in Hispanic preschool-aged children.J Acad Nutr Diet. 2016; 116: 1951-1960
- Nutritional Epidemiology. Vol 3. Oxford University Press, New York, NY2013
- Food-frequency questionnaires: A review of their design, validation and utilisation.Nutr Res Rev. 2004; 17: 5-22
World Health Organization. Child growth standards, training course and other tools. http://www.who.int/childgrowth/training/en/. Accessed December 11, 2015.
Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Infant Feeding Practices Study II and its year six follow-up. http://www.cdc.gov/ifps/. Published 2014. Accessed December 20, 2015.
- Feeding Infants and Toddlers Study: Characteristics and usual nutrient intake of Hispanic and non-Hispanic infants and toddlers.J Am Diet Assoc. 2006; 106: S84-S95
- Feeding Infants and Toddlers Study: The types of foods fed to Hispanic infants and toddlers.J Am Diet Assoc. 2006; 106: S96-S106
- Assessing an infant food frequency questionnaire: A pilot study.FASEB J. 2014; 28: 36.2
- Studies in human lactation: Milk volumes in lactating women during the onset of lactation and full lactation.Am J Clin Nutr. 1988; 48: 1375-1386
- Breast milk volume and composition during late lactation (7-20 months).J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr. 1984; 3: 713-720
Butte NF, Lopez-Alarcon MG, Garza C. Nutrient adequacy of exclusive breastfeeding for the term infant during the first six months of life. Expert consultation on the optimal duration of exclusive breastfeeding. Geneva, Switzerland: World Health Organization (WHO); 2002. http://www.who.int/iris/handle/10665/42519. Accessed May 1, 2016.
Nutrition Data System for Research [computer program]. Version 25, program 2.8. Minneapolis, MN: Nutrition Coordinating Center, University of Minnesota; 2014.
- Computerized collection and analysis of dietary intake information.Comput Methods Programs Biomed. 1989; 30: 47-57
- Maintaining a food composition data base for multiple research studies: The NCC food table.in: Rand W. Windham C. Wyse B. Young V. Food Composition Data: A User’s Perspective. United Nations University Press, New York, NY1987: 226
Nutrition Coordinating Center, University of Minnesota. Foods, Nutrients and food groups. http://www.ncc.umn.edu/about-ncc/foods-nutrients-and-food-groups/. Published 2016. Accessed May 1, 2016.
- Adjustment for total energy intake in epidemiologic studies.Am J Clin Nutr. 1997; 65 (discussion 1229S-1231S): 1220S-1228S
- Interval estimation for rank correlation coefficients based on the probit transformation with extension to measurement error correction of correlated ranked data.Stat Med. 2007; 26: 633-646
- Pooled results from 5 validation studies of dietary self-report instruments using recovery biomarkers for energy and protein intake.Am J Epidemiol. 2014; 180: 172-188
- National- and State-Level Estimates of WIC Eligibles and Program Reach, 2000-2009.Urban Institute, Washington, DC2011
STATEMENT OF POTENTIAL CONFLICT OF INTEREST No potential conflict of interest was reported by the authors.
FUNDING/SUPPORT This study was conducted with support from University of Puerto Rico Central Administration Grant, Capacity Advancement in Research Infrastructure, UPR-MFP 6251123, and in part by awards 8G12MD007600 and 2U54MD007587 from the National Institute on Minority Health and Health Disparities. The content is solely the responsibility of the authors and does not necessarily represent the official views of the National Institutes of Health.