Main outcome measure
Statistical analyses performed
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Devleopment of food preferences.Annu Rev Nutr. 1999; 19: 41-62
- American Dietetic Association. Position of the American Dietetic Association: Benchmarks for nutrition in child care.J Am Diet Assoc. 2011; 111: 607-615
Laughlin L; US Census Bureau, Department of Commerce. Who's minding the kids? Child care arrangements: Spring 2011. https://www.census.gov/prod/2013pubs/p70-135.pdf. Published April 2013. Accessed October 24, 2016.
- Child care as an untapped setting for obesity prevention: State child care licensing regulations related to nutrition, physical activity, and media use for preschool-aged children in the United States.Prev Chronic Dis. 2009; 6: A11
- Laying foundations for health: Food provision for under 5s in day care.Appetite. 2005; 44: 207-213
- What role can child-care settings play in obesity prevention? A review of the evidence and call for research efforts.J Am Diet Assoc. 2011; 111: 1343-1362
- Dietary intakes in North Carolina child-care centers: Are children meeting current recommendations?.J Am Diet Assoc. 2008; 108: 718-721
Hamilton W, Burstein N, Crepinsek MK; USDA Economic Research Service, USDA Food Assistance & Nutrition Research Program. Reimbursement tiering in the CACFP: Summary report to Congress on the Family Child Care Homes Legislative Changes Study. http://www.ers.usda.gov/publications/pub-details/?pubid=79899. Published March 2002. Accessed October 24, 2016.
Payne E, Igoe B. Washington State survey of nutrition and physical activity practices and policies in child care report. University of Washington Center for Public Health Nutrition. http://depts.washington.edu/uwcphn/documents/SummaryReport_CCSurvey_Final.pdf. Updated December 2014. Accessed October 24, 2016.
- Factors influencing childcare providers' food and mealtime decisions: An ecological approach.Child Care Pract. 2011; 17: 185-203
- Qualitative Data Analysis: A Methods Sourcebook.3rd ed. Sage Publications, Washington, DC2014
- An introduction to qualitative research for food and nutrition professionals.J Am Diet Assoc. 2009; 109: 80-90
TAMS: Text Analysis Markup System: An Open Source Qualitative Analysis System [computer program]. GPL Version 2. Matthew Weinstein; 2012. http://tamsys.sourceforge.net/. Accessed October 8, 2016.
- Creating healthy food and eating environments: Policy and environmental approaches.Annu Rev Public Health. 2008; 29: 253-272
US Department of Agriculture, Food and Nutrition Service. Crediting handbook for the Child and Adult Care Food Program. FNS-425. http://www.fns.usda.gov/sites/default/files/CACFP_creditinghandbook.pdf. Effective January 2014. Accessed October 24, 2016.
- Comparison of nutrition standards and other recommended procurement practices for improving institutional food offerings in Los Angeles County, 2010-2012.Adv Nutr. 2013; 4: 191-202
- Teachers in preschools and child-care centers−Overlooked and undervalued.Child Youth Care Q. 1987; 16: 91-105
- Physical activity programming in family child care homes: Providers' perceptions of practices and barriers.J Nutr Educ Behav. 2009; 41: 268-273
- “Always a vegetable at dinner”: A fruit and vegetable qualitative study with primary care providers of preschoolers enrolled in an inner-city, Head Start childcare center.J Hunger Environment Nutr. 2007; 1: 55-68
STATEMENT OF POTENTIAL CONFLICT OF INTEREST No potential conflict of interest was reported by the authors.
FUNDING/SUPPORT This project was supported by the University of Washington Royalty Research Fund no. A88593.