Main outcome measures
Statistical analysis performed
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Position of the American Dietetic Association, Dietitians of Canada, and the American College of Sports Medicine: Nutrition and athletic performance.J Am Diet Assoc. 2009; 109: 509-527
- Sports nutrition for young athletes.J Sch Nurs. 2005; 21: 323-328
- Profiling the diet and body composition of subelite adolescent rhythmic gymnasts.Pediatr Exerc Sci. 2007; 19: 215-227
- Nutritional status of teenage female competitive figure skaters.J Am Diet Assoc. 2002; 102: 374-379
- Energy and macronutrient intake in adolescent sprint athletes: A follow-up study.J Sports Sci. 2011; 29: 73-82
- Nutrition status of junior elite Canadian female soccer athletes.Int J Sport Nutr Exerc Metab. 2011; 21: 507-514
- Body composition and nutritional profile of male adolescent tennis players.J Sports Sci. 2008; 26: 1209-1217
- Nutrient intake and anthropometric characteristics of adolescent Greek swimmers.Nutr Diet. 2002; 59: 38-42
- Adequacy of nutrient intakes in elite junior basketball players.Int J Sport Nutr Exerc Metab. 2014; 24: 516-523
- Hydration status and fluid and sodium balance in elite Canadian junior women's soccer players in a cool environment.Appl Physiol Nutr Metab. 2012; 37: 931-937
- Hydration status in adolescent judo athletes before and after training in the heat.Int J Sports Physiol Perform. 2012; 7: 39-46
- Ad libitum fluid intake does not prevent dehydration in suboptimally hydrated young soccer players during a training session of a summer camp.Int J Sport Nutr Exerc Metab. 2013; 23: 245-251
- Nutrition training, attitudes, knowledge, recommendations, responsibility, and resource utilization of high school coaches and trainers.J Am Diet Assoc. 1991; 91: 321-324
- Nutritional supplement practices in UK junior national track and field athletes.Br J Sports Med. 2005; 39: 645-649
- Protein supplement users among high school athletes have misconceptions about effectiveness.J Strength Cond Res. 2008; 22: 1124-1129
- Dietary supplementation of high-performance Canadian athletes by age and gender.Clin J Sport Med. 2007; 17: 458-464
- Evaluation of nutrition knowledge and dietary recommendations by coaches of adolescent Brazilian athletes.Int J Sport Nutr Exerc Metab. 2004; 14: 222-235
- Evaluation of sports nutrition knowledge of New Zealand premier club rugby coaches.Int J Sport Nutr Exerc Metab. 2006; 16: 214-225
- Evaluation of sports nutrition knowledge and recommendations among high school coaches.Int J Sport Nutr Exerc Metab. 2015; 25: 326-334
- Planning Health Promotion Programs: An Intervention Mapping Approach.3rd ed. Jossey-Bass, San Francisco, CA2011
- The effect of graphic organizers on subjective and objective comprehension of a health education text.Health Educ Behav. 2006; 33: 760-772
- Predicting and Changing Behavior: The Reasoned Action Approach.Psychology Press, New York, NY2010
- Nutrition Competency of Certified Athletic Trainers.Nutrition and Dietetics, The Graduate Faculty of The University of Akron, Akron, OH2008
- Development of a psychometrically valid and reliable sports nutrition knowledge questionnaire.J Sci Med Sport. 2005; 8: 346-351
- Evaluation and design of nutrition knowledge measures.J Nutr Educ. 2000; 32: 269-277
- Les Comportements dans le Domaine de la Santé. Comprendre pour Mieux Agir [Health-Related Behaviors. Understand to Better Intervene.].Les Presses de l'Université de Montréal, Montréal, Canada2012
SAS Institute Inc. SAS 9.2. Cary, NC: SAS Institute Inc; 2009.
- Nutritional knowledge of UK coaches.Nutrients. 2014; 6: 1442-1453
- Sports nutrition knowledge among collegiate athletes, coaches, athletic trainers, and strength and conditioning specialists.J Athl Train. 2012; 47: 205-211
- Predicting behaviour from perceived behavioural control: Tests of the accuracy assumption of the theory of planned behaviour.Br J Soc Psychol. 2003; 42: 393-410
- Evaluation of nutritional intake in Canadian high-performance athletes.Clin J Sport Med. 2009; 19: 405-411
- Application of the theory of planned behaviour in behaviour change interventions: A systematic review.Psychol Health. 2002; 17: 123-158
STATEMENT OF POTENTIAL CONFLICT OF INTEREST No potential conflict of interest was reported by the authors.
FUNDING/SUPPORT This study was funded by the Danone Institute of Canada .