Nutrition teaching in medical schools.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Nutrition teaching in medical schools.JAMA. 1963; 183: 955-957
International Confederation of Dietetic Associations. International definition of dietitian. http://www.internationaldietetics.org/international-standards/international-definition-of-dietitian.aspx. Accessed January 27, 2016.
- A short history of nutritional science: Part 1 (1785-1885).J Nutr. 2003; 133: 638-645
- A short history of nutritional science: Part 2 (1885-1912).J Nutr. 2003; 133: 975-984
- A short history of nutritional science: Part 3 (1912-1944).J Nutr. 2003; 133: 3023-3032
- A short history of nutritional science: Part 4 (1945-1985).J Nutr. 2003; 133: 3331-3342
- The rise and fall of dietetics and of nutrition science, 4000 BCE-2000 CE.Public Health Nutr. 2005; 8: 701-705
About Food Science and Technology. Institute of Food Technologists website. http://www.ift.org/knowledge-center/learn-about-food-science/food-facts/about-fs-and-t.aspx. Accessed January 29, 2016.
- A Century of Food Science.Institute of Food Technologists, Chicago, IL2000
- Pioneers in food science: Giants in the Earth.Food Technology. 1989; 43: 186-195
- Impact of folic acid fortification of the US food supply on the occurrence of neural tube defects.JAMA. 2001; 285: 2981-2986
- Reduction in neural-tube defects after folic acid fortification in Canada.N Engl J Med. 2007; 357: 135-142
- Thomas P.R. Earl R. Opportunities in the Nutrition and Food Sciences Research Challenges and the next Generation of Investigators. The National Academies Press, Washington, DC1994
Functional Foods. Institute of Food Technologists website. http://www.ift.org/knowledge-center/focus-areas/food-health-and-nutrition/functional-foods.aspx. Accessed January 29, 2016.
- American Dietetic Association. Position of the American Dietetic Association: Functional foods.J Am Diet Assoc. 2009; 109: 735-746
- A new definition of functional food by FFC: What makes a new definition unique?.Functional Foods in Health and Disease. 2015; 5: 209-223
- Blood levels of long-chain n-3 fatty acids and the risk of sudden death.N Engl J Med. 2002; 346: 1113-1118
- Dietary supplementation with n-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids and vitamin E after myocardial infarction: Results of the GISSI-Prevenzione trial. Gruppo Italiano per lo Studio della Sopravvivenza nell’Infarto miocardico.The Lancet. 1999; 354: 447-455
Sloane AE. Getting ahead of the curve: Mental/healthy aging. Nutraceuticals World. September 1, 2012. http://www.nutraceuticalsworld.com/issues/2012-09/view_trendsense/getting-ahead-of-the-curve-mentalhealthy-aging. Accessed January 22, 2016.
- Preventing Alzheimer’s disease-related gray matter atrophy by B-vitamin treatment.Proc Natl Acad Sci USA. 2013; 110: 9523-9528
- Fish consumption, n-3 fatty acids, and subsequent 5-y cognitive decline in elderly men: The Zutphen Elderly Study.Am J Clin Nutr. 2007; 85: 1142-1147
- Brain atrophy in cognitively impaired elderly: The importance of long-chain ω-3 fatty acids and B vitamin status in a randomized controlled trial.Am J Clin Nutr. 2015; 102: 215-221
- Concord grape juice supplementation improves memory function in older adults with mild cognitive impairment.Br J Nutr. 2010; 103: 730-734
- Cocoa flavanol consumption improves cognitive function, blood pressure control, and metabolic profile in elderly subjects: The Cocoa, Cognition, and Aging (CoCoA) Study—A randomized controlled trial.Am J Clin Nutr. 2015; 101: 538-548
- Chocolate consumption, cognitive function, and Nobel laureates.N Engl J Med. 2012; 367: 1562-1564