Main outcome measure
Statistical analyses performed
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- The surgeon general's vision for a healthy and fit nation.Public Health Rep. 2010; 125: 514
- The relation of childhood BMI to adult adiposity: The Bogalusa Heart Study.Pediatrics. 2005; 115: 22-27
- Prevalence of childhood and adult obesity in the United States, 2011-2012.JAMA. 2014; 311: 806-814
- Body mass index, academic achievement, and school context: Examining the educational experiences of adolescents at risk of obesity.J Health Soc Behav. 2004; 45: 393-407
- Consumption of low-nutrient, energy-dense foods and beverages at school, home, and other locations among school lunch participants and nonparticipants.J Am Diet Assoc. 2009; 109: S79-S90
- Law as a tool to facilitate healthier lifestyles and prevent obesity.JAMA. 2007; 297: 87-90
- Breakfast of champions? The School Breakfast Program and the nutrition of children and families.J Human Res. 2006; 41: 445-466
- Breakfast skipping is associated with differences in meal patterns, macronutrient intakes and overweight among pre-school children.Public Health Nutr. 2009; 12: 19-28
- Breakfast eating and overweight in a pre-school population: Is there a link?.Public Health Nutr. 2006; 9: 436-442
- Relationship of physical activity and dietary habits with body mass index in the transition from childhood to adolescence: A 4-year longitudinal study.Public Health Nutr. 2010; 13: 1722-1728
- Breakfast eating and weight change in a 5-year prospective analysis of adolescents: Project EAT (Eating Among Teens).Pediatrics. 2008; 121: e638-e645
- Family correlates of breakfast consumption among children and adolescents. A systematic review.Appetite. 2009; 52: 1-7
- Nutrition and cognitive achievement: An evaluation of the School Breakfast Program.J Public Econ. 2015; 124: 91-104
- School breakfast program but not school lunch program participation is associated with lower body mass index.J Am Diet Assoc. 2009; 109: S118-S128
- School nutrition programs and the incidence of childhood obesity.J Human Res. 2010; 45: 640-654
- Autonomy and control: The co-construction of adolescent food choice.Appetite. 2008; 50: 325-332
- Influences on adolescent eating patterns: The importance of family meals.J Adolesc Health. 2003; 32: 365-373
- ECLS-K Longitudinal Kindergarten-Fifth Grade Public-Use Data File and Electronic Codebook.([CD-ROM]) US Department of Education, National Center for Education Statistics, Washington, DC2006
- ECLS-K: Combined User’s Manual for the ECLS-K Fifth-Grade Data Files and Electronic Codebooks (NCES 2006-032).National Center for Education Statistics, Washington, DC2006
- Standardizing anthropometric measures in children and adolescents with new functions for egen.Stata J. 2004; 4: 50-55
- Do school lunches contribute to childhood obesity?.J Human Res. 2009; 44: 684-709
- Modifiable environmental and behavioral determinants of overweight among children and adolescents: Report of a workshop.Obesity. 2006; 14: 929-966
- How useful is body mass index for comparison of body fatness across age, sex, and ethnic groups?.Am J Epidemiol. 1996; 143: 228-239
- Reference data for obesity: 85th and 95th percentiles of body mass index (wt/ht2) and triceps skinfold thickness.Am J Clin Nutr. 1991; 53: 839-846
STATEMENT OF POTENTIAL CONFLICT OF INTEREST No potential conflict of interest was reported by the authors.
FUNDING/SUPPORT This project was supported by grant no. R03 HD061509-01A and T32 HD007242 from the Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health & Human Development and by Emory University ’s University Research Committee. The content is solely the responsibility of the authors and does not necessarily represent the official views of the Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health & Human Development or the National Institutes of Health.