Main outcome measures
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Nutritional fitness.Mil. Med. 2010; 175: 65-72
- Nutrition knowledge and food consumption: Can nutrition knowledge change food behaviour?.Asia Pac J Clin Nutr. 2002; 11: S579-S585
- Nutrition knowledge in athletes: A systematic review.Int J Sport Nutr Exerc Metab. 2011; 21: 248-261
- Demographic variation in nutrition knowledge in England.Health Educ Res. 2000; 15: 163-174
- Nutrition knowledge, attitudes and fat intake: Application of the theory of reasoned action.J Hum Nutr Diet. 2007; 20: 159-169
- Nutrition knowledge and food intake.Appetite. 2000; 34: 269-275
- Exploring nutrition knowledge and the demographic variation in knowledge levels in an Australian community sample.Public Health Nutr. 2008; 11: 1365-1371
- Nutrition knowledge and supplement use among elite U.S. Army soilders.Mil Med. 2003; 168: 997-1000
- Nutrition knowledge among Navy recruits.J Am Diet Assoc. 1989; 89: 1624-1628
- Nutrition knowledge of active-duty Navy personnel.J Am Diet Assoc. 1992; 92: 724-728
- Nutrition knowledge, attitudes, and behaviors of israeli female combat recruits participating in a nutrition education program.Mil Med. 2013; 178: 517-522
- Reliability and validity of nutrition knowledge, social-psychological factors, and food label use scales from the 1995 Diet and Health Knowledge Survey.J Nutr Educ Behav. 2003; 35: 83-92
- Association between nutrition knowledge and nutritional intake in middle-aged men from Northern France.Public Health Nutr. 2001; 4: 27-33
- Reliability and validity of nutrition knowledge and diet-health awareness tests developed from the 1989–1991 Diet and Health Knowledge Surveys.J Nutr Educ. 1997; 29: 63-72
- The 1998 Army Recruit Health and Diet Survey.Australia Mil Med. 2002; 11: 63-70
Forbes-Ewan C. Australian Defence Force nutritional requirements in the 21st century (Version 1). 2009. http://dspace.dsto.defence.gov.au/dspace/handle/1947/4356. Accessed August 12, 2015.
- Energy requirements of military personnel.Appetite. 2005; 44: 47-65
- Development of a general nutrition knowledge questionnaire for adults.Eur J Clin Nutr. 1999; 53: 298-308
- Validation of the General Nutrition Knowledge Questionnaire in an Australian community sample.Nutr Diet. 2008; 65: 72-77
- Evaluation of general nutrition knowledge in elite Australian athletes.Br J Nutr. 2012; 107: 1871-1880
- Relationship between nutrition knowledge and dietary intake.Br J Nutr. 2014; 111: 1713-1726
- The Handbook of Psychological Testing.2nd edition. Routledge, New York, NY2000
- Cognitive and motivational factors support health literacy and acquisition of new health information in later life.Calif Agric. 2010; 64: 189-194
Personal development, health and physical education years 7-10 syllabus. 2003. http://www.boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au/syllabus_sc/pdhpe.html. Accessed October 13, 2011.
- Australian National Health and Medical Reasearch Council Dietary Guidelines for Australian Adults: A Guide to Healthy Eating. Australian Government Publishing Service, Canberra, Australia2003
- Benefits of high-protein weight loss diets: Enough evidence for practice?.Curr Opin Endocrinol Diabet Obes. 2008; 15: 416-421
- Efficacy and safety of protein supplements for U.S. armed forces personnel: Consensus statement1-5.J Nutr. 2013; 143: 1811S
- Use of dietary supplements among active-duty US Army soldiers.Am J Clin Nutr. 2010; 92: 985-995
Meat and Livestock Australia. The ABC of healthy eating. http://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&ved=0CC8QFjAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.mla.com.au%2Ffiles%2F9ebe66f9-1f0b-4023-9324-a301010f3dc4%2FVital-48-FINAL_HR.pdf&ei=VTOOVeuyM4r88AXgt4_4DA&usg=AFQjCNHGt8khP-OSx_2D0WB64dkFp8N1Uw. Accessed July 1, 2015.
- Use of the Go-for-Green nutrition labeling system in military dining facilities is associated with lower fat intake.J Acad Nutr Diet. 2014; 114: 1067
- Food choices and health during military service: Increases in sugar- and fibre-containing foods and changes in anthropometric and clinical risk factors.Public Health Nutr. 2012; 15: 1248-1255
- Effects of modified foodservice practices in military dining facilities on ad libitum nutritional intake of US army soldiers.J Acad Nutr Diet. 2013; 113: 920-927
- Nutrition interventions at point-of-sale to encourage healthier food purchasing: A systematic review.BMC Public Health. 2014; 14: 919
- Does point-of-purchase nutrition labeling influence meal selections? A test in an Army cafeteria.Mil Med. 2003; 168: 556-560
- Explaining the effects of a point-of-purchase nutrition-information intervention in university canteens: A structural equation modelling analysis.Int J Behav Nutr Phys Act. 2012; 9: 111
- The effect of questionnaire length on survey response.Qual Quant. 1992; 26: 233-244
Grunert KG, Brunso K, Brisp S. Food-related life-styles: Development of a cross-culturally valid instrument for market surveillance. In: Kahle LR, Chiagouris L (eds). Values, Lifestyles and Psychographics. Mahwah, NJ: Lawrence Erlbaum Associates; 1997.
- Eating patterns and leisure-time exercise among active duty military personnel: Comparison to the Healthy People objectives.J Acad Nutr Diet. 2013; 113: 907-919
STATEMENT OF POTENTIAL CONFLICT OF INTEREST No potential conflict of interest was reported by the authors.
FUNDING/SUPPORT This work was supported by Headquarters Forces Command.