Main outcome measures
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Dietary assessment and validation.in: Monson E.R. van Horn L. Research: Successful Approaches. 3rd ed. American Dietetic Association, Chicago, IL2008: 187-204
- Seasonal variation in food intake, pattern of physical activity and change in body weight in a group of young adult Dutch women consuming self-selected diets.Int J Obes. 1986; 10: 133-145
- Seasonal rhythms of human nutrient intake and meal pattern.Physiol Behav. 1991; 50: 243-248
- Differences in reported winter and summer dietary intakes in young adults in Spain.Int J Food Sci Nutr. 2005; 56: 431-443
- Seasonal variation of food intake of adults from Niteroi, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.Rev Bras Epidemiol. 2013; 16: 513-524
- Impact of season of food frequency questionnaire administration on dietary reporting.Ann Epidemiol. 2004; 14: 778-785
- Diet composition of pregnant Finnish women: Changes over time and across seasons.Public Health Nutr. 2010; 13: 939-946
- Seasonal effect on nutrient intake in adults living in Southern Brazil.Cad Saude Publ. 2010; 26: 2177-2187
- Seasonal variations in dietary intake affect the consistency of dietary assessment.Eur J Epidemiol. 2001; 17: 129-133
- Association between dietary intake and seasonal variations in postmenopausal women.J Diabetes Metab Disord. 2014; 13: 52
- Daily, weekly, seasonal, within- and between-individual variation in nutrient intake according to four season consecutive 7 day weighed diet records in Japanese female dietitians.J Epidemiol. 2002; 12: 85-92
- Iron intake and status of men and women consuming self-selected diets.Am J Clin Nutr. 1984; 40: 1393-1396
- Magnesium intakes, balances, and blood levels of adults consuming self-selected diets.Am J Clin Nutr. 1984; 40: 1380-1389
- Sources of variation in nutrient intake and the number of days to assess usual intake among men and women in the Seoul metropolitan area, Korea.Br J Nutr. 2013; 110: 2098-2107
- Sources of variation in nutrient intakes among men in Shanghai, China.Public Health Nutr. 2005; 8: 1293-1299
- Variation in nutrient intakes among women in Shanghai, China.Eur J Clin Nutr. 2004; 58: 1604-1611
- Seasonal variation of nutrient intake in pregnancy: Effects on infant measures and possible influence on diseases related to season of birth.Eur J Clin Nutr. 2007; 61: 1271-1280
- The four seasons: Food intake frequency in seasonal affective disorder in the course of a year.Psychiatry Res. 1988; 25: 323-338
- Changes in dietary intake account for seasonal changes in cardiovascular disease risk factors.Eur J Clin Nutr. 1999; 53: 395-400
- Seasonal variation in food intake, physical activity, and body weight in a predominantly overweight population.Eur J Clin Nutr. 2006; 60: 519-528
- Seasonal variation in intake of carotenoids and vegetables and fruits among white men in New Jersey.Am J Clin Nutr. 1987; 45: 107-114
- MyPyramid Equivalents Database, 2.0 for USDA Survey Foods, 2003-2004.US Department of Agriculture, Agricultural Research Service, Beltsville Human Nutrition Research Center, Food Surveys Research Group, Beltsville, MD2008
US Food and Drug Administration. US Food and Drug Administration Code of Federal Regulations Title 21. http://www.accessdata.fda.gov/scripts/cdrh/cfdocs/cfcfr/cfrsearch.cfm?fr=101.9. Updated April 2014. Accessed March 3, 2015.
- A weighed dietary survey of men in Caerphilly, South Wales.Hum Nutr Appl Nutr. 1984; 38: 270-276
- Nutrition survey of Finnish rural children. VI. Methodological study comparing the 24-hour recall and the dietary history interview.Am J Clin Nutr. 1979; 32: 2560-2567
National Cancer Institute. Usual Dietary Intakes: Food Intakes, US Population, 2007-10. Applied Research Probram website. http://appliedresearch.cancer.gov/diet/usualintakes/pop/2007-10/. Updated May 22, 2014. Accessed July 8, 2015.
- A review of validations of dietary assessment methods.Am J Epidemiol. 1982; 115: 492-505
City-Data.com. Washington, District of Columbia. http://www.city-data.com/city/Washington-District-of-Columbia.html. Accessed July 14, 2015.
STATEMENT OF POTENTIAL CONFLICT OF INTEREST No potential conflict of interest was reported by the authors.
FUNDING/SUPPORT This study was funded by the National Institutes of Health Intramural Research Program.