Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Obesity: Preventing and Managing the Global Epidemic. World Health Organization, Geneva, Switzerland2000 (WHO Technical Report)
- Healthy nutrition environments: Concepts and measures.Am J Health Promot. 2005; 19: 330-334
- Creating healthy food and eating environments: Policy and environmental approaches.Annu Rev Public Health. 2008; 29: 253-272
- Weight gain prevention: Identifying theory-based targets for health behavior change in young adults.J Am Diet Assoc. 2008; 108: 1708-1715
- Australia’s Food & Nutrition 2012. Australian Institute of Health and Welfare, Canberra, Australia2012 (Catalog no. PHE 163)
- Young adults and eating away from home: Associations with dietary intake patterns and weight status differ by choice of restaurant.J Am Diet Assoc. 2011; 111: 1696-1703
World Health Organization. The Ottawa Charter for Health Promotion. http://www.who.int/healthpromotion/conferences/previous/ottawa/en/index.html. Accessed July 10, 2015.
- Age, period, and birth cohort effects on prevalence of overweight and obesity in Australian adults from 1990 to 2000.Eur J Clin Nutr. 2008; 62: 898-907
- Freshman 15: Fact or fiction?.Obesity (Silver Spring). 2006; 14: 1438-1443
- Monitoring weight daily blocks the freshman weight gain: A model for combating the epidemic of obesity.Int J Obes (Lond). 2006; 30: 1003-1010
Australian Bureau of Statistics. 6227.0 - education and work, Australia. http://www.abs.gov.au/ausstats/[email protected]/mf/6227.0. Published May 2014. Accessed November 14, 2014.
US Department of Education, National Center for Education Statistics, Common Core of Data. Enrollment in educational institutions, by level and control of institution, enrollment level, and attendance status and sex of student: Selected years, fall 1990 through fall 2023. 2015. https://nces.ed.gov/programs/digest/d13/tables/dt13_105.20.asp. Accessed June 19, 2015.
The EU in the world - education and training - statistics explained. http://ec.europa.eu/eurostat/statistics-explained/index.php/The_EU_in_the_world_-_education_and_training. Published February 2014. Accessed April 7, 2015.
- Impact of nutrition environmental interventions on point-of-purchase behavior in adults: A review.Prev. Med. 2004; 39: 108-136
- Worksite health promotion programs with environmental changes.Am J Prev Med. 2005; 29: 61-70
- Obesity: Preventing and Managing the Global Epidemic. World Health Organization, Geneva, Switzerland1997 (Technical Report Series 894)
Evidence Analysis Library, Steps in the Academy Evidence Analysis Process. Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. https://www.andeal.org/files/Docs/2012_Jan_EA_Manual.pdf. Accessed October 16, 2015.
- Using nutrition labeling as a potential tool for changing eating habits of university dining hall patrons.J Am Diet Assoc. 2008; 108: 2071-2076
- Improving patrons' meal selections through the use of point-of-selection nutrition labels.Am J Public Health. 2009; 99: 2001
- Effect of nutrition information in perceptions of food quality, consumption behavior, and purchase intentions.J Foodserv Bus Res. 2004; 7 (43-61): 1
- Preventing weight gain with calorie-labeling.Obesity. 2014; 22: 2277-2283
- Point-of-purchase messages framed in terms of cost, convenience, taste, and energy improve healthful snack selection in a college foodservice setting.J Am Diet Assoc. 2001; 101: 909-913
- Positive changes in perceptions and selections of healthful foods by college students after a short-term point-of-selection intervention at a dining hall.J Am Coll Health. 2010; 58: 425-431
- Point-of-purchase nutrition information influences food-purchasing behaviors of college students: A pilot study.J Am Diet Assoc. 2010; 110: 1222-1226
- Posting point-of-purchase nutrition information in university canteens does not influence meal choice and nutrient intake.Am J Clin Nutr. 2011; 94: 562-570
- Helping consumers make a more conscious nutritional choice: Acceptability of nutrition information at a cafeteria.J Am Coll Health. 2012; 60: 324-330
- Effects of energy-content labels and motivational posters on sales of sugar sweetened beverages: Stimulating sales of diet drinks among adult study.J Am Diet Assoc. 2006; 106: 1866-1869
- Availability of free fruits and vegetables at canteen lunch improves lunch and daily nutritional profiles: A randomised controlled trial.Br J Nutr. 2009; 102: 1030-1037
- Do calorie-controlled portion sizes of snacks reduce energy intake?.Appetite. 2009; 52: 793-796
- Reducing portion size reduces food intake and plate waste.Obesity (Silver Spring). 2010; 18: 1864-1866
- A study of the importance of education and cost incentives on individual food choices at the Harvard School of Public Health cafeteria.J Am Coll Nutr. 2008; 27: 6-11
- Evaluation of the Energize Your Life! social marketing campaign pilot study to increase fruit intake among community college students.J Am Coll Health. 2006; 55: 33-40
- Effect of point-of-purchase calorie labeling on restaurant and cafeteria food choices: A review of the literature.Int J Behav Nutr Phys Act. 2008; 5: 51
- Young people and healthy eating: A systematic review of research on barriers and facilitators.Health Educ Res. 2006; 21: 239-257
- Can nutrition information increase sales of healthful vended snacks?.J Sch Health. 1993; 63: 386-390
- Impact of a nutrition promotion program on dietary behaviors, dietary intakes, and health measures in adults over fifty-five years of age.J Nutr Elder. 2000; 19: 1-14
Food pyramids and plates: What should you really eat? The Nutrition Source. http://www.hsph.harvard.edu/nutritionsource/pyramid-full-story/. Accessed October 16, 2015.
- Front-of-pack labeling – healthier diets and better health or confused consumers?.Nutr Bull. 2014; 39: 235-237
- Consumer testing of the acceptability and effectiveness of front-of-pack food labeling systems for the Australian grocery market.Health Promot Int. 2009; 24: 120-129
- Do nutrition claims matter to consumers? An empirical analysis considering European requirements.J Agric Econ. 2010; 61: 15-31
Roberto CA, Khandpur N. Improving the design of nutrition labels to promote healthier food choices and reasonable portion sizes. Int J Obes (Lond). 2005;38(suppl 1)(2014):S25-S33.
- Nutrition label use partially mediates the relationship between attitude toward healthy eating and overall dietary quality among college students.J Am Diet Assoc. 2012; 112: 414-418
- How well do adolescents determine portion sizes of foods and beverages?.Asia Pac J Clin Nutr. 2006; 15: 35-42
- Environmental factors that unknowingly increase a consumer's food intake and consumption volume.Annu Rev Nutr. 2004; 24: 455-479
- From the point-of-purchase perspective: A qualitative study of the feasibility of interventions aimed at portion-size.Health Pol. 2009; 90: 73-80
- The mathematical relationship between dishware size and portion size.Appetite. 2011; 58: 299-302
- Self-regulation training enhances dietary self efficacy and dietary fiber consumption.J Am Diet Assoc. 2001; 101: 1006-1011
- Comparison of price change and health message interventions in promoting healthy food choices.Health Psychol. 2002; 21: 505-512
STATEMENT OF POTENTIAL CONFLICT OF INTEREST No potential conflict of interest was reported by the authors.
FUNDING/SUPPORT R. Roy is a 2013 recipient of an Australian Postgraduate Award from the Department of Education of the Australian Government.