Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics House of Delegates. HOD backgrounder: Engaging members in research. House of Delegates website. http://www.eatright.org/hod/. Updated 2014. Accessed July 2, 2014.
Code of Federal Regulations. Title 45 Public Welfare, Department of Health and Human Services Part 46 Protection of Human Subjects. Revised January 15, 2009. Effective July 14, 2009.
- ORI. Introduction to the Responsible Conduct of Research.US Department of Health and Human Services, Washington, DC2007
National Institutes of Health Office of Extramural Research. Frequently asked questions: Human subjects research—requirement for education. Grants and Funding website. http://grants.nih.gov/grants/policy/hs_educ_faq.htm#229. Published December 12, 2013. Updated 2013. Accessed July 2, 2014.
Anonymous. Mission and history. CITI Program website. https://www.citiprogram.org/index.cfm?pageID=30. Accessed July 2, 2014.
- Development and pilot testing of a human subjects protection training course unique to registered dietitian nutritionists.J Acad Nutr Diet. 2014; 114: 2009-2016
International Committee of Medical Journal Editors. Roles and responsibilities. http://www.icmje.org/recommendations/browse/roles-and-responsibilities/. Accessed December 11, 2014.
- Scope and impact of financial conflicts of interest in biomedical research: A systematic review.JAMA. 2003; 289: 454-465
- Bias from industry trial funding? A framework, a suggested approach, and a negative result.Pain. 2006; 121: 207-218
- Industry sponsorship and research outcome.Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2012; 12: MR000033
- Industry sponsorship bias in research findings: A network meta-analysis of LDL cholesterol reduction in randomised trials of statins.BMJ. 2014; 349: g5741
- Treatment success in cancer: Industry compared to publicly sponsored randomized controlled trials.PLoS One. 2013; 8: e58711
- Funding source and research report quality in nutrition practice-related research.PLoS One. 2011; 6: e28437
US Department of Agriculture Agricultural Research Service Administrative & Financial Management Staff. Types of agreements. http://www.afm.ars.usda.gov/agreements/agreement-types.htm#memo. Updated 2013. Accessed December 11, 2014.
- Principles for building public-private partnerships to benefit food safety, nutrition, and health research.Nutr Rev. 2013; 71: 682-691
- Achieving a transparent, actionable framework for public-private partnerships for food and nutrition research.Am J Clin Nutr. 2015; 101: 1359-1363
- Financial support of continuing medical education.JAMA. 2008; 299: 1060-1062
- Physicians, pharmaceutical sales representatives, and the cost of prescribing.Arch Fam Med. 1996; 5: 201-206
Upstate Medical University Office of the President. Policy on the relations with industry in patient care and education. CAMP A-24. http://www.upstate.edu/policies/documents/CAMP_A-24.pdf. Accessed June 28, 2015.
- Lo B. Field M.J. Conflict of Interest in Medical Research, Education, and Practice. The National Academies Press, Washington, DC2009
Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education. Disclosure of relevant financial relationships—Sample form. http://www.accme.org/news-publications/publications/tools/disclosure-relevant-financial-relationships-sample-form. Updated 2010. Accessed December 11, 2014.
National Institutes of Health Office of Extramural Research. Frequently asked questions: Responsibility of applications for promoting objectivity in research for which PHS funding is sought (42 CFR part 50 subpart F). http://grants.nih.gov/grants/policy/coi/coi_faqs.htm#3156. Updated 2014. Accessed December 11, 2014.
- American Dietetic Association/Commission on Dietetic Registration code of ethics for the profession of dietetics and process for consideration of ethics issues.J Am Diet Assoc. 2009; 109: 1461-1467
STATEMENT OF POTENTIAL CONFLICT OF INTEREST No potential conflict of interest was reported by the authors.
FUNDING/SUPPORT There was no funding for this article.
Address correspondence to: Alison Steiber at [email protected] or 120 S Riverside Plaza, Suite 2000, Chicago, IL 60606.