Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Stunting, wasting, and micronutrient deficiency disorders.in: Jamison D.T. Breman J.G. Measham A.R. Disease Control Priorities in Developing Countries. 2nd ed. National Center for Biotechnology Information, National Institutes of Health, Washington, DC2006: 551-565
World Health Orgainzation. Food security. 2014. http://www.who.int/trade/glossary/story028/en/. Accessed December 13, 2014.
Garnett T. Three perspectives on sustainable food security: Efficiency, demand restraint, food system transformation. What role for LCA? Food Climate Research Network, University of Oxford. https://colloque4.inra.fr/var/lcafood2012/storage/fckeditor/file/Presentations/Keynote-Garnett-LCA%20Food%202012.pdf. Accessed June 21, 2015.
- The emerging epidemic of obesity in developing countries.J Epidemol. 2006; 35: 93-99
- A nutrition paradox—Underweight and obesity in developing countries.N Engl J Med. 2005; 352: 1514-1516
- Global nutrition transition and the pandemic of obesity in developing countries.Nutr Rev. 2012; 70: 3-21
The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Strategic Plan. http://www.eatrightpro.org/resource/leadership/board-of-directors/strategic-plan/what-is-the-academys-strategic-plan. 2015. Accessed March 13, 2015.
- World population and food supply: Can food production keep pace with population growth in the next half-century?.Food Policy. 2002; 27: 47-63
Gustavsson J, Cederberg C, Sonesson U. Global food losses and food waste: Food and Agriculture Organization; 2011. http://www.fao.org/docrep/014/mb060e/mb060e.pdf. Accessed January 13, 2015.
- Food security and sustainable intensification.Philos Trans R Soc Lond B Biol Sci. 2014; 369: 20120273
- Lost food, wasted resources: Global food supply chain losses and their impacts on freshwater, cropland, and fertiliser use.Sci Total Environ. 2012; 438: 477-489
Gunders D. Wasted: How America is losing up to 40 percent of its food from farm to fork to landfill. Natural Resources Defence Council. http://www.nrdc.org/food/files/wasted-food-ip.pdf. Published August 2012. Accessed March 15, 2015.
- Food waste within food supply chains: Quantification and potential for change to 2050.Philos Trans R Soc Lond B Biol Sci. 2010; 365: 3065-3081
- Climate change and food systems.Annu Rev Environ Resour. 2012; 37: 195
- Importance of food-demand management for climate mitigation.Nat Clim Change. 2014; 4: 924-929
Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations. The state of food insecurity in the world 2000. FAO Corporate Document Repository: Economic Social Development Department; 2000. ftp://ftp.fao.org/docrep/fao/x8200e/x8200e00.pdf. Accessed March 12, 2015.
Thompson B, Amoroso, L. Food and Agriculture Organization's approach to nutrition-sensitive agricultural development. http://www.fao.org/ag/agn/nutrition/docs/FAO_Approach_to%20Nutrition_sensitive_agricultural_development.pdf. 2011. Accessed March 15, 2015.
STATEMENT OF POTENTIAL CONFLICT OF INTEREST The consensus conference and associated travel costs were sponsored by the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Foundation.
FUNDING/SUPPORT There is no funding to disclose.