Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Prevalence of obesity and trends in the distribution of body mass index among US adults, 1999-2010.JAMA. 2012; 307: 491-497
- Postpartum weight control: A vicious cycle.J Am Diet Assoc. 2007; 107: 37-40
- Risk factors and outcomes of maternal obesity and excessive weight gain during pregnancy.Obesity. 2013; 21: 1046-1055
- Prepregnancy weight and adverse perinatal outcomes in an ethnically diverse population.Obstet Gynecol. 2003; 102: 1022-1027
- Predicting preschooler obesity at birth: The role of maternal obesity in early pregnancy.Pediatrics. 2004; 114: e29-e36
- Large maternal weight loss from obesity surgery prevents transmission of obesity to children who were followed for 2 to 18 years.Pediatrics. 2006; 118: e1644-e1649
- Risks of overweight and obdominal obesity at age 16 years associated with prenatal exposures to maternal prepregnancy overweight and gestational diabetes mellitus.Diabetes Care. 2010; 33: 1115-1121
- Pregnancy glucose levels in women without diabetes or gestational diabetes and childhood cardiometabolic risk at 7 years of age.J Pediatr. 2012; 161: 1016-1021
- Recommendations to improve preconception health and health care—United States. A report of the CDC/ATSDR Preconception Care Work Group and the Select Panel on Preconception Care.MMWR Recomm Rep. 2006; 55: 1-23
- Screening for obesity in reproductive-aged women.Prev Chronic Dis. 2011; 8: A125
- Self-perception of weight and its association with weight-related behaviors in young, reproductive-aged women.Obstet Gynecol. 2010; 116: 1274-1280
- Racial differences in obesity risk knowledge among low-income reproductive-age women.J Am Coll Nutr. 2012; 31: 397-400
- Validation of a brief, reliable scale to measure knowledge about the health risks associated with obesity.Int J Obes (Lond). 2006; 30: 661-668
US Department of Agriculture. What We Eat in America: 1994-1996. Diet and Health Knowledge Survey questionnaire. Rockville, MD: Westat, Inc: 1996. http://www.ars.usda.gov/SP2UserFiles/Place/12355000/pdf/dhks.pdf. Accessed May 12, 2010.
- A review of national health policies and professional guidelines on maternal obesity and weight gain in pregnancy.Clin Obes. 2014; 4: 197-208
- Unintended pregnancy in the United States: Incidence and disparities, 2006.Contraception. 2011; 84: 478-485
- Nutritional and weight management behaviors in low-income women trying to conceive.Obstet Gynecol. 2014; 124: 579-584
- Prepregnancy obesity trends among low-income women, United States, 1999-2008.Matern Child Health J. 2012; 16: 1339-1348
- Effect of prepregnancy maternal overweight and obesity on pregnancy outcome.Obstet Gynecol. 2011; 118: 305-312
- Perinatal risk factors for childhood obesity and metabolic dysregulation.Am J Clin Nutr. 2009; 90: 1303-1313
- Metabolic syndrome in childhood: Association with birth weight, maternal obesity, and gestational diabetes mellitus.Pediatrics. 2005; 115: e290-e296
- Mistakes were made: Misperception as a barrier to reducing overweight.Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord. 2003; 27: 856-861
- Risk of adverse pregnancy outcomes by prepregnancy body mass index: A population-based study to inform prepregnancy weight loss counseling.Obstet Gynecol. 2015; 125: 133-143
- The risk of adverse pregnancy outcomes in women who are overweight or obese.BMC Pregnancy Childbirth. 2010; 10: 56
- Misperceived pre-pregnancy body weight status predicts excessive gestational weight gain: Findings from a US cohort study.BMC Pregnancy Childbirth. 2008; 8: 54
- Perceived weight status, overweight diagnosis, and weight control among US adults: The NHANES 2003-2008 Study.Int J Obes. 2011; 35: 1063-1070
- Modeling the potential public health impact of prepregnancy obesity on adverse fetal and infant outcomes.Obesity. 2013; 21: 1276-1283
- Trends in the prevalence of preexisting diabetes and gestational diabetes mellitus among a racially/ethnically diverse population of pregnant women, 1999-2005.Diabetes Care. 2008; 31: 899-904
- Pregnancy outcomes in women with chronic hypertension: A population-based study.J Reprod Med. 2007; 52: 1046-1051
- Well-woman care among obstetrician-gynecologists: Opportunity for preconception care.J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med. 2012; 25: 595-599
- Prepregnancy adherence to dietary patterns and lower risk of gestational diabetes mellitus.Am J Clin Nutr. 2012; 96: 289-295
- Preconception dietary patterns in human pregnancies are associated with preterm delivery.J Nutr. 2014; 144: 1075-1080
- Physical activity and nutritional weight loss interventions in obese, low-income women: An integrative review.J Midwifery Women's Health. 2014; 59: 380-387
- The clinical content of preconception care: Nutrition and dietary supplements.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2008; 199: S345-S356
STATEMENT OF POTENTIAL CONFLICT OF INTEREST No potential conflict of interest was reported by the authors.
FUNDING/SUPPORT Federal support for this study was provided by the Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Human Development (NICHD) to a National Research Service Award postdoctoral fellow under an institutional training grant (T32HD055163). The content is solely the responsibility of the authors and does not necessarily represent the official views of the NICHD or the National Institutes of Health.