Main outcome measures
Statistical analyses performed
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Prediabetes: A high-risk state for diabetes development.Lancet. 2012; 379: 2279-2290
- Reduction in the incidence of type 2 diabetes with lifestyle intervention or metformin.N Engl J Med. 2002; 346: 393-403
- Impact of intensive lifestyle and metformin therapy on cardiovascular disease risk factors in the Diabetes Prevention Program.Diabetes Care. 2005; 28: 888-894
- Long-term effects of the Diabetes Prevention Program interventions on cardiovascular risk factors: A report from the DPP Outcomes Study.Diabet Med. 2013; 30: 46-55
- Effect of weight loss with lifestyle intervention on risk of diabetes.Diabetes Care. 2006; 29: 2102-2107
- Achieving weight and activity goals among Diabetes Prevention Program lifestyle participants.Obes Res. 2004; 12: 1426-1434
- Translating the Diabetes Prevention Program lifestyle intervention for weight loss into primary care.Arch Intern Med. 2013; 173: 113-121
- Factors associated with achieving a weight loss goal among participants in an adapted diabetes prevention program.Primary Care Diabetes. 2011; 5: 125-129
- Factors predictive of drop-out and weight loss success in weight management of obese patients.J Hum Nutr Diet. 2015; 28: 24-32
- Clinical correlates of short- and long-term weight loss.Am J Clin Nutr. 1992; 56: 271S-274S
- Early treatment response as a predictor of ongoing weight loss in obesity treatment.Br J Health Psychol. 2005; 10: 601-614
- Are smaller weight losses or more achievable weight loss goals better in the long term for obese patients?.J Consul Clin Psychol. 1998; 66: 641-645
- Myths, presumptions, and facts about obesity.N Engl J Med. 2013; 368: 446-454
- Applying a stepped-care approach to the treatment of obesity.J Psychosom Res. 2005; 59: 375-383
- A translational worksite diabetes prevention trial improves psychosocial status, dietary intake, and step counts among employees with prediabetes: A randomized controlled trial.Prev Med Rep. 2015; 2: 118-126
- Diagnosis and classification of diabetes mellitus.Diabetes Care. 2012; 35: S64-S71
- 2013 AHA/ACC/TOS guideline for the management of overweight and obesity in adults: A report of the American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association task force on practice guidelines and the Obesity Society.Circulation. 2014; 129: S102-S140
- Biostatistics: A Methodology for the Health Sciences.2nd ed. Wiley, Hoboken, NJ2004: 558-560
Graph Pad Software. Interpreting results: ROC curves. http://www.graphpad.com/guides/prism/6/statistics/index.htm?sensitivity_and_specificity.htm. Accessed November 24, 2014.
- Statistical Power Analysis for the Behavioral Sciences.2nd ed. Lawrence Erlbaum Associates, Hillsdale, NJ1988: 8
- Evaluation of early weight loss thresholds for identifying nonresponders to an intensive lifestyle intervention.Obesity. 2014; 22: 1608-1616
- Effectiveness of lifestyle interventions for individuals with severe obesity and type 2 diabetes: Results from the Look AHEAD trial.Diabetes Care. 2011; 34: 2152-2157
- The early identification of poor treatment outcomes in a women’s weight loss program.Eating Behav. 2003; 4: 265-282
STATEMENT OF POTENTIAL CONFLICT OF INTEREST No potential conflict of interest was reported by the authors.
FUNDING/SUPPORT Research reported in this publication was supported by the National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases of the National Institutes of Health under award no. R34DK093907. The content is solely the responsibility of the authors and does not necessarily represent the official views of the National Institutes of Health.
ClinicalTrials.gov identifier: NCT01682954.