Main outcome measures
Statistical analyses performed
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Cravings and aversions of pregnant adolescents.J Am Diet Assoc. 1992; 92: 1479-1482
- Dietary cravings and aversions during pregnancy.Indian J Public Health. 1994; 38: 95-98
- Dietary cravings and aversions in the postpartum period.J Am Diet Assoc. 1989; 89: 647-651
- Sweet taste and intake of sweet foods in normal pregnancy and pregnancy complicated by gestational diabetes mellitus.Am J Clin Nutr. 1999; 70: 277-284
- Food cravings and intake of sweet foods in healthy pregnancy and mild gestational diabetes mellitus. A prospective study.Appetite. 2010; 55: 609-615
- Antenatal visits and adverse perinatal outcomes: Results from a British population-based study.Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reproduct Biol. 2003; 106: 40-49
- Neonatal morbidities in gestational diabetes mellitus.Diabetes Care. 1998; 21: B79-B84
- Obesity, gestational diabetes and pregnancy outcome.Semin Fetal Neonatal Med. 2009; 14: 77-84
- Relation of glucose tolerance to complications of pregnancy in nondiabetic women.N Engl J Med. 1986; 315: 989-992
- Adverse pregnancy outcome in women with mild glucose intolerance: is there a clinically meaningful threshold value for glucose?.Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand. 2008; 87: 59-62
- The association between glucose challenge test, obesity and pregnancy outcome in 6390 non-diabetic women.J Maternal-Fetal Neonatal Med. 2005; 17: 29-34
- Dietary fat and gestational hyperglycaemia.Diabetologia. 2001; 44: 972-978
- A prospective study of pregravid determinants of gestational diabetes mellitus.JAMA. 1997; 278: 1078-1083
- The recurrence of gestational diabetes: could dietary differences in fat intake be an explanation?.Diabetes Care. 1997; 20: 1647-1650
- Diet during early pregnancy and development of gestational diabetes.Paediatr Perinat Epidemiol. 2008; 22: 47-59
- Dietary fiber intake, dietary glycemic load, and the risk for gestational diabetes mellitus.Diabetes Care. 2006; 29: 2223-2230
- Maternal age and other predictors of newborn blood pressure.J Pediatr. 2004; 144: 240-245
- Associations of seafood and elongated n-3 fatty acid intake with fetal growth and length of gestation: Results from a US pregnancy cohort.Am J Epidemiol. 2004; 160: 774-783
- Cohort profile: Project viva.Int J Epidemiol. 2015; 44: 37-48
- Calibration of a semi-quantitative food frequency questionnaire in early pregnancy.Ann Epidemiol. 2004; 14: 754-762
- Nutritional Epidemiology.3rd ed. Oxford University Press, New York, NY2012
STATEMENT OF POTENTIAL CONFLICT OF INTEREST M. W. Gillman receives royalties from Cambridge University Press as coeditor of the book, Maternal Obesity, and also from UpToDate as the author of the chapter on dietary fat. No potential conflict of interest was reported by the other authors.
FUNDING/SUPPORT This research was supported by National Institutes of Health grant no. R37HD034568. L. V. Farland has been partially supported through Maternal and Child Bureau grant no. T76MC00001 and by Training Grant T32HD060454 in Reproductive, Perinatal, and Pediatric Epidemiology from the National Institute of Child Health and Human Development of the National Institutes of Health.