Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Leadership in Interprofessional Health Education.Jones and Bartlett, Sudbury, MA2009
- To Err Is Human: Building a Safer Health System.The National Academies Press, Washington, DC1999
- Crossing the Quality Chasm.The National Academies Press, Washington, DC2001
- Health Professions Education: A Bridge to Quality.The National Academies Press, Washington, DC2003
- Interprofessional Education for Collaboration: Learning How to Improve Health from Interprofessional Models Across the Continuum of Education to Practice: Workshop Summary.The National Academies Press, Washington, DC2013
- Framework for Action on Interprofessional Education and Collaborative Practice.WHO, Geneva2010
- Defining IPE.Centre for Advancement of Interprofessional Education, London, UK2002
- Interprofessional Curriculum: Preparing Health Professionals for Collaborative Teamwork in Health Care.in: Royeen C. Jensen G. Harvan R. Leadership in Interprofessional Health Education and Practice. Jones Bartlett, Sudbury, MA2009
- A typology of interdisciplinary education in gerontology and geriatrics: Are we really doing what we say we are?.J Interprof Care. 1993; 7: 217-228
- The conceptual basis for interprofessional collaboration: Core concepts and theoretical frameworks.J Interprof Care. 2005; 19: 116-131
- Interprofessionality as the field of interprofessional practice and interprofessional education: An emerging concept.J Interprof Care. 2005; 19: 8-20
Interprofessional Education Collaborative. Six Leading Health Education Associations Unite to Form a New Organization on Interprofessional Education and Practice. Press Release. https://ipecollaborative.org/uploads/IPEC-PR-2-14-12-Updated-Version.pdf. Accessed August 4, 2014.
- Core Competencies for Interprofessional Collaborative Practice: Report of an Expert Panel.Interprofessional Education Collaborative, Washington, DC2011
- Toward a common taxonomy of competency domains for the health professions and competencies for physicians.Acad Med. 2013; 88: 1088-1094
- Interprofessional perceptions of health care students.J Interprof Care. 2003; 17: 21-34
- An interdisciplinary approach to professionalism.Am J Pharm Ed. 2006; 70: 1-6
- Dietetics students’ perceptions and experiences of interprofessional education.J Human Nutr Diet. 2011; 24: 135-143
ACEND Accreditation Standards for Dietitian Education Programs. http://www.eatright.org/ACEND/content.aspx?id=7877. Accessed Aug 4, 2014.
ACEND Accreditation Standards for Didactic Programs in Nutrition and Dietetics. http://www.eatright.org/ACEND/content.aspx?id=7877. Accessed August 4, 2014.
- Facilitating transdisciplinary teamwork in dietetics education: A case study approach.J Am Diet Assoc. 2004; 104: 959-962
- From buy-in to integration: Melding an interprofessional initiative into academic programs in the health professions.J Allied Health. 2013; 3: e67-e72
- Incorporating interprofessional education into a dietetics curriculum.J Acad Nutr Diet. 2012; 112: A-17
- Saint Louis University Interprofessional Education Program.J Allied Health. 2010; 3: e123-e124
- Embracing collaborative health care training for optimal patient care.J Acad Nutr Diet. 2013; 113: A65
- Interprofessional simulation: Strengthening ties to increase communication and improving patient care.J Acad Nutr Diet. 2013; 113: A67
- Interprofessional education—Health care team building workshop: Focus on healthy aging.J Acad Nutr Diet. 2013; 113: A-54
- Challenges and opportunities for nutrition education and training in the health care professions: Intraprofessional and interprofessional call to action.Am J Clin Nutr. 2014; 99: 1184S-1193S
- What would a theory of interprofessional education look like? Some suggestions for developing a theoretical framework for teamwork training.J Interprof Care. 2006; 20: 577-589
- Effective Interprofessional Education: Argument, Assumptions and Evidence.Blackwell, London, UK2005
- An overview of continuing interprofessional education.J Cont Educ Health Prof. 2009; 29: 142-146
- Health professionals for a new century: Transforming education to strengthen health systems in an interdependent world.Lancet. 2010; 76: 1923-1958
- The Future of Nursing: Leading Change, Advancing Health.The National Academies Press, Washington, DC2011
- Establishing Transdisciplinary Professionalism for Improving Health Outcomes. Workshop Summary.The National Academies Press, Washington, DC2014
- Assessing Health Professional Education: Workshop Summary.The National Academies Press, Washington, DC2014
- Building Health Workforce Capacity Through Community-Based Health Professional Education.Workshop Summary. The National Academies Press, Washington, DCOctober 3, 2014Accessed May 5, 2015)
Collaborating Across Borders. http://cabiv.ca/index.php. Accessed August 4, 2014.
- Promoting interprofessional understandings through online learning: A qualitative examination.Nurs Health Sci. 2014; 6: 321-326
This article was written by Kathrin A. Eliot, PhD, RDN, FAND, assistant professor, Saint Louis University, St Louis, MO; and Kathryn M. Kolasa, PhD, RDN, LDN, professor emeritus and affiliate professor, Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University, Greenville, NC.
STATEMENT OF POTENTIAL CONFLICT OF INTEREST No potential conflict of interest was reported by the authors.
FUNDING/SUPPORT There is no funding to disclose.