Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
American Cancer Society. http://www.cancer.org. Accessed September 1, 2014.
- Extending survival with chemotherapy in metastatic breast cancer.Oncologist. 2005; 10: 20-29
- Incidence of breast cancer with distant involvement among women in the United States, 1976 to 2009.JAMA. 2013; 309: 800-805
- Herceptin (trastuzamab) in advanced breast cancer.Cancer Treat Rev. 2000; 26: 287-290
- Overview of treatment results with trastuzumab (Herceptin) in metastatic breast cancer.Semin Oncol. 2001; 28: 43-47
- American Association for Cancer Research and American Psychiatric Association.P T. 2014; 39: 448-452
- Pertuzumab, trastuzumab, and docetaxel for HER2-positive metastatic breast cancer (CLEOPATRA study): Overall survival results from a randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled, phase 3 study.Lancet Oncol. 2013; 14: 461-471
- Effects of exercise intervention on persons with metastatic cancer: A systematic review.Physiother Can. 2009; 61: 141-153
- Use of self-care and practitioner-based forms of complementary and alternative medicine before and after a diagnosis of breast cancer.Evid Based Complement Alternat Med. 2013; 2013: 301549
- Nutrition and physical activity guidelines for cancer survivors.CA Cancer J Clin. 2012; 62: 243-274
- Prevalence of childhood and adult obesity in the United States, 2011-2012.JAMA. 2014; 311: 806-814
- Use of an abridged scored Patient-Generated Subjective Global Assessment (abPG-SGA) as a nutritional screening tool for cancer patients in an outpatient setting.Nutr Cancer. 2013; 65: 234-239
- Use of the scored Patient-Generated Subjective Global Assessment (PG-SGA) as a nutrition assessment tool in patients with cancer.Eur J Clin Nutr. 2002; 56: 779-785
- Effectiveness of the US Department of Agriculture 5-step multiple-pass method in assessing food intake in obese and nonobese women.Am J Clin Nutr. 2003; 77: 1171-1178
- International physical activity questionnaire: 12-Country reliability and validity.Med Sci Sports Exerc. 2003; 35: 1381-1395
- Exercise improves body fat, lean mass, and bone mass in breast cancer survivors.Obesity (Silver Spring). 2009; 17: 1534-1541
- Toxicity and response criteria of the Eastern Cooperative Oncology Group.Am J Clin Oncol. 1982; 5: 649-655
- Assessing self-maintenance: Activities of daily living, mobility, and instrumental activities of daily living.J Am Geriatr Soc. 1983; 31: 721-727
- Assessment of quality of life in women undergoing hormonal therapy for breast cancer: Validation of an endocrine symptom subscale for the FACT-B.Breast Cancer Res Treat. 1999; 55: 189-199
- Prevalence and treatment patterns of physical impairments in patients with metastatic breast cancer.J Clin Oncol. 2008; 26: 2621-2629
- The effect of seated exercise on fatigue and quality of life in women with advanced breast cancer.Oncol Nurs Forum. 2004; 31: 977-983
- Cardiopulmonary function and age-related decline across the breast cancer survivorship continuum.J Clin Oncol. 2012; 30: 2530-2537
- Functional benefits are sustained after a program of supervised resistance exercise in cancer patients with bone metastases: Longitudinal results of a pilot study.Suppor Care Cancer. 2014; 22: 1537-1548
- Weight gain in breast cancer survivors: Prevalence, pattern and health consequences.Obes Rev. 2011; 12: 282-294
- Dietary fat reduction and breast cancer outcome: Interim efficacy results from the Women's Intervention Nutrition Study.J Natl Cancer Inst. 2006; 98: 1767-1776
- Influence of a diet very high in vegetables, fruit, and fiber and low in fat on prognosis following treatment for breast cancer: The Women's Healthy Eating and Living (WHEL) randomized trial.JAMA. 2007; 298: 289-298
- Results of a diet/exercise feasibility trial to prevent adverse body composition change in breast cancer patients on adjuvant chemotherapy.Clin Breast Cancer. 2008; 8: 70-79
- Preventing sarcopenic obesity among breast cancer patients who receive adjuvant chemotherapy: Results of a feasibility study.Clin Exerc Physiol. 2002; 4: 44-49
- A cognitive behavioral therapy intervention to promote weight loss improves body composition and blood lipid profiles among overweight breast cancer survivors.Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2007; 104: 145-152
- Effects of a weight loss intervention on body mass, fitness, and inflammatory biomarkers in overweight or obese breast cancer survivors.Int J Behav Med. 2011; 18: 333-341
STATEMENT OF POTENTIAL CONFLICT OF INTEREST No potential conflict of interest was reported by the authors.
FUNDING/SUPPORT This work was funded by National Cancer Institute, Cancer Education and Career Development Program (R25CA057699-18).