Main outcome measures
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Prevalence of obesity and trends in body mass index among us children and adolescents, 1999-2010.JAMA. 2012; 307: 483-490
- Recommendations for treatment of child and adolescent overweight and obesity.Pediatrics. 2007; 120: S254-S288
- Food away from home, sugar-sweetened drink consumption and juvenile obesity.J Am Coll Nutr. 2003; 22: 539-545
- Away-from-home food intake and risk for obesity: Examining the influence of context.Obesity (Silver Spring). 2008; 16: 1002-1008
- Food purchased away from home as a predictor of change in BMI z-score among girls.Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord. 2004; 28: 282-289
- Location of breakfast consumption predicts body mass index change in young Hong Kong children.Int J Obesity (Lond). 2012; 36: 925-930
- Impact of commercial eating on nutrient adequacy.J Am Diet Assoc. 1987; 87: 463-468
- Role of food prepared away from home in the American diet, 1977-78 versus 1994-96: Changes and consequences.J Nutr Educ Behav. 2002; 34: 140-150
- Fast-food and full-service restaurant consumption among children and adolescents: Effect on energy, beverage, and nutrient intake.JAMA Pediatr. 2013; 167: 14-20
- Behavioral economic predictors of overweight children’s weight loss.J Consult Clin Psychol. 2012; 80: 1086-1096
- CDC growth charts: United States.Adv Data. 2000; : 1-27
- Treatment options for type 2 diabetes in adolescents and youth: A study of the comparative efficacy of metformin alone or in combination with rosiglitazone or lifestyle intervention in adolescents with type 2 diabetes.Pediatr Diabetes. 2007; 8: 74-87
- A systematic review of the validity of dietary assessment methods in children when compared with the method of doubly labeled water.J Am Diet Assoc. 2010; 110: 1501-1510
- Evaluation of the Healthy Eating Index-2005.J Am Diet Assoc. 2008; 108: 1854-1864
- Development and evaluation of a method for calculating the Healthy Eating Index-2005 using the Nutrition Data System for Research.Public Health Nutr. 2011; 14: 306-313
- Diet quality and weight change among overweight and obese postpartum women enrolled in a behavioral intervention program.J Acad Nutr Diet. 2013; 113: 54-62
- The stability of children's physical activity as measured by accelerometry and self-report.Med Sci Sports Exerc. 1995; 27: 1326-1332
- Validity of the computer science and applications (CSA) activity monitor in children.Med Sci Sports Exerc. 1998; 30: 629-633
- Calibration of the Computer Science and Applications, Inc. (CSA) accelerometer.Med Sci Sports Exerc. 1997; 29: 45
- Modifications in parent feeding practices and child diet during family-based behavioral treatment improve child zBMI.Obesity. 2014; 22: E119-E126
- Asymptotic and resampling strategies for assessing and comparing indirect effects in multiple mediator models.Behav Res Methods. 2008; 40: 879-891
- Trends in energy intake among US children by eating location and food source, 1977-2006.J Am Diet Assoc. 2011; 111: 1156-1164
- Energy balance in adolescent girls: The trial of activity for adolescent girls cohort.Obesity (Silver Spring). 2014; 22: 772-780
- Lifestyle patterns associated with diet, physical activity, body mass index and amount of recent weight loss in a sample of successful weight losers.Int J Behav Nutr Phys Act. 2012; 9: 79
- Associations between self-reported weight management methods with diet quality as measured by the Healthy Eating Index-2005.Prev Med. 2013; 57: 238-243
STATEMENT OF POTENTIAL CONFLICT OF INTEREST No potential conflict of interest was reported by the authors.
FUNDING/SUPPORT This work was supported by several National Institutes of Health (NIH) Grants: 5-RO1HD036904 (National Institute of Child Health and Human Development), 5K24MH070446 (National Institute of Mental Health), and 5T32HL007456 (National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute [NHLBI]). M. Altman, J. Cahill Holland, and R. P. Kolko were supported by NIH Grant 5T32HL007456 (NHLBI), and KL2RR024994 (National Center for Research Resources). This work was also made possible by NIH Grant UL1 RR024992 (National Center for Research Resources).