Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Carry the Flame: [secondary].American Dietetic Association, Chicago, IL1990
- Live the ADA legacy—Annually.J Am Diet Assoc. 2002; 102: 1046-1050
Epidemiological background and design: The Framingham Study. Framingham Heart Study website. https://www.framinghamheartstudy.org/about-fhs/background.php. Accessed January 15, 2015.
Teicholz N. The questionable link between saturated fat and heart disease. May 6, 2014. Wall Street Journal website. http://www.wsj.com/articles/SB10001424052702303678404579533760760481486. Accessed February 23, 2015.
Horan J. Public Auditorium: Rise, fall revival. Cleveland Historical Society website. http://clevelandhistorical.org/items/show/625#.VLhGhCvF_bM. Accessed January 15, 2015.
Yue L. Restaurant & Institutions magazine shutting down as Reed cuts ties. Crain’s Chicago Business website. http://www.chicagobusiness.com/article/20100416/NEWS06/200037857/restaurants-institutions-magazine-shutting-down-as-reed-cuts-trade-titles. Accessed January 16, 2015.
- Food processing: A century of change.Br Med Bull. 2000; 56: 1-17
- A composite system demand analysis for fresh fruits and vegetables in the United States.J Food Distr Res. 1996; 27: 11-22
US Department of Agriculture. A brief history of USDA food guides. USDA website. http://www.choosemyplate.gov/food-groups/downloads/MyPlate/ABriefHistoryOfUSDAFoodGuides.pdf. Accessed January 17, 2015.
History of Head Start. Office of Head Start website. http://www.acf.hhs.gov/programs/ohs/about/history-of-head-start. Accessed January 10, 2015.
- Lifelong learning advances us—One and all.J Acad Nutr Diet. 2012; 112: 1518
- Where is ADA? Everywhere… Especially St. Louis.J Am Diet Assoc. 2001; 101: 984
This article was written by Karen Stein, MFA, freelance writer, Traverse City, MI, and consultant editor for the Nutrition Care Manual, and a former Editor of the Journal.