Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Correlates of fruit and vegetable intakes in US children.J Am Diet Assoc. 2009; 109: 474-478
- Family correlates of fruit and vegetable consumption in children and adolescents: A systematic review.Public Health Nutr. 2009; 12: 267-283
- Influences on child fruit and vegetable intake: Sociodemographic, parental and child factors in a longitudinal cohort study.Public Health Nutr. 2010; 13: 1122-1130
- Health benefits of fruits and vegetables.Adv Nutr. 2012; 3: 506-516
- Longitudinal tracking of adolescent smoking, physical activity, and food choice behaviors.Am J Public Health. 1994; 84: 1121-1126
- Tracking of fruit and vegetable consumption from adolescence into adulthood and its longitudinal association with overweight.Br J Nutr. 2007; 98: 431-438
- Getting children to eat more fruit and vegetables: A systematic review.Prev Med. 2006; 42: 85-95
- Will European agricultural policy for school fruit and vegetables improve public health? A review of school fruit and vegetable programmes.Eur J Public Health. 2008; 18: 558-568
- Recess placement prior to lunch in elementary schools: What are the barriers?.J Child Nutr Manag. 2006; 30: 1-6
- Food service and foods and beverages available at school: Results from the School Health Policies and Programs Study 2000.J Sch Health. 2001; 71: 313-324
National Association of State Boards of Education. State School Healthy Policy Database. http://www.nasbe.org/healthy_schools/hs/index.php. Accessed October 9, 2013.
- Food waste is reduced when elementary school children have recess before lunch.J Am Diet Assoc. 1996; 96: 906-908
- The relationship of meal and recess schedules to plate waste in elementary schools.J Child Nutr Manag. 2004; 28: 1-10
- Modifying the recess before lunch program: A pilot study in Kaneohe Elementary School.Ca J Health Promot. 2005; 3: 1-7
- Playground and plate waste.Sch Foodserv J. 1977; 31: 66-70
Montana Office of Public Instruction, School Nutrition Programs. Pilot Project Report: A recess before lunch policy in four Montana schools. April 2002-May 2003. http://opi.mt.gov/PDF/SchoolFood/RBL/RBLPilot.pdf. Accessed September 5, 2013.
- The scheduling of recess and the effect on plate waste at the elementary school level.Sch Foodserv Res Rev. 1985; 9: 40-44
- Evaluation of the fresh fruit and vegetable program (FFVP): Final evaluation report. Prepared by Abt Associates under contract no. AG-3198-D-09-0053.US Department of Agriculture, Food and Nutrition Service. Project Officers: Karen Castellanos-Brown and Allison Magness, Alexandria, VA2013
- Members of the Steering Committee; National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey. Collection of food and dietary supplement intake data: What We Eat in America-NHANES.J Nutr. 2003; 133: 590S-600S
- Food and Nutrient Database for Dietary Studies, version 3.0.US Department of Agriculture, Agricultural Research Service, Food Surveys Research Group, Beltsville, MD2008
- Longitudinal data analysis using generalized linear models.Biometrika. 1986; 73: 13-22
R Core Team. R: A language and environment for statistical computing. R Foundation for Statistical Computing, Vienna, Austria. ISBN 3-900051-07-0. www.R-project.org/. Accessed October 4, 2013.
- The R Package geepack for Generalized Estimating Equations.J Stat Softw. 2006; 15: 1-11
- A study of cross-validation and bootstrap for accuracy estimation and model selection.IJCAI. 1995; 14: 1137-1143
- Students consuming sack lunches devote more time to eating than those consuming school lunches.J Am Diet Assoc. 2002; 102: 1283-1286
- Dietary assessment methodology.in: Coulston A.M. Boushey C.J. Ferruzzi M. Nutrition in the Prevention and Treatment of Disease. Academic Press, San Diego2013: 5-46
- Measurement of dietary intake in children.Proc Nutr Soc. 2000; 59: 279-293
STATEMENT OF POTENTIAL CONFLICT OF INTEREST No potential conflict of interest was reported by the authors.
FUNDING/SUPPORT This study was supported by a grant from the Orfalea Foundation.