Main outcome measures
Statistical analyses performed
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Bioavailability of vitamin D from fortified process cheese and effects on vitamin D status in the elderly.J. Dairy Sci. 2005; 88: 2295-2301
- Effect of high- versus low-fat meal on serum 25-hydroxyvitamin D levels after a single oral dose of vitamin D: A single-blind, parallel, randomized trial.Int J Endocrinol. 2011; 2011: 809069
- Meal conditions affect the absorption of supplemental vitamin D3 but not the plasma 25-hydroxyvitamin D response to supplementation.J Bone Miner Res. 2013; 28: 1778-1783
- Biological and clinical aspects of the vitamin D binding protein (Gc-globulin) and its polymorphism.Clin Chim Acta. 2006; 372: 33-42
- Plasma concentrations of 25-hydroxy-vitamin D and 1,25-dihydroxy-vitamin D are related to the phenotype of Gc (vitamin D-binding protein): A cross-sectional study on 595 early postmenopausal women.Calcif Tissue Int. 2005; 77: 15-22
- Comprehensive association analysis of nine candidate genes with serum 25-hydroxy vitamin D levels among healthy Caucasian subjects.Hum Genet. 2010; 128: 549-556
- Common genetic determinants of vitamin D insufficiency: A genome-wide association study.Lancet. 2010; 376: 180-188
- Pro-inflammatory cytokines mediate the decrease in serum 25(OH)D concentrations after total knee arthroplasty?.Med Hypotheses. 2014; 82: 134-137
- Quantitative data on the magnitude of the systemic inflammatory response and its effect on micronutrient status based on plasma measurements.Am J Clin Nutr. 2012; 95: 64-71
- Vitamin D: A negative acute phase reactant.J Clin Pathol. 2013; 66: 620-622
- Vitamin D absorption in healthy subjects and in patients with intestinal malabsorption syndromes.Am J Clin Nutr. 1985; 42: 644-649
- Comparison of vitamin D and 25-hydroxyvitamin D absorption in the rat.Am J Physiol. 1982; 242: G326-G332
- Vitamin D-3 intestinal absorption in vivo: Influence of fatty acids, bile salts, and perfusate pH on absorption.Gut. 1978; 19: 267-272
- Type of dietary fat is associated with the 25-hydroxyvitamin D3 increment in response to vitamin D supplementation.J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2011; 96: 3170-3174
- A more accurate method to estimate glomerular filtration rate from serum creatinine: A new prediction equation. Modification of Diet in Renal Disease Study Group.Ann Intern Med. 1999; 130: 461-470
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Intake of calories and selected nutrients for the United States population, 1999-2000. www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nhanes/databriefs/calories.pdf. Accessed October 1, 2014.
- Precision of single vs bilateral hip bone mineral density scans.J Clin Densitom. 2003; 6: 159-162
- Validation of a self-administered diet history questionnaire using multiple diet records.J Clin Epidemiol. 1990; 43: 1327-1335
- Impact of vitamin D3 dietary supplement matrix on clinical response.J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2014; 99: 2720-2728
- Dose response to vitamin D supplementation in postmenopausal women: A randomized trial.Ann Intern Med. 2012; 156: 425-437
STATEMENT OF POTENTIAL CONFLICT OF INTEREST No potential conflict of interest was reported by the authors.
FUNDING/SUPPORT This study was cofunded by an Investigator-Initiated Research Grant from Pfizer (IIR grant no. WS2105602) and a pilot grant from USDA Human Nutrition Research Center on Aging at Tufts University. This work is supported in part by the US Department of Agriculture under agreement no. 58-1950-0-014. Any opinions, findings, conclusion, or recommendations expressed in this publication are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the view of the US Department of Agriculture.