Main outcome measures
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Handbook 1 cognitive domain.in: Bloom B.S. Taxonomy of Educational Objectives: The Classification of Educational Goals. David McKay Company, Inc, New York, NY1956
- In full bloom: Helping students grow using the taxonomy of educational objectives.J Phys Assist Educ. 2011; 22 (Accessed August 5, 2014): 44-46
- Can case studies be used to teach critical thinking?.in: Herreid C.F. Start with a Story: The Case Study Method of Teaching Science. National Science Teachers Association Press, Arlington, VA2007: 63-65
- What makes a good case? Some basic rules of good storytelling help teachers generate excitement in the classroom.in: Herreid C.F. Start with a Story: The Case Study Method of Teaching Science. National Science Teachers Association Press, Arlington, VA2007: 45-47
- The effectiveness of case-based learning in health professional education. A BEME systematic review: BEME Guide No. 23.Med Teach. 2012; 34: e421-e444
- Learning with cases.J Contin Educ Nurs. 2003; 34: 34-38
- Piloting case-based instruction in a didactic clinical immunology course.Clin Lab Sci. 2005; 18 (Accessed August 5, 2014): 213-220
Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics, Commission on Dietetic Registration, Council on Future Practice, Education Committee, Nutrition & Dietetics Educators and Preceptors DPG. The Visioning Report. http://www.cdrnet.org/vault/2459/web/files/JointMeetingReport.pdf. Published March 2013. Accessed October 23, 2014.
- The directed case method: Teaching concept and process in a content-rich course.in: Herreid C.F. Start with a Story: The Case Study Method of Teaching Science. National Science Teachers Association Press, Arlington, VA2007: 301-305
- Qualitative aspect of group-only testing.Coll Stud J. 2012; 46: 419-426
- Qualitative Evaluation and Research Methods.2nd ed. Sage Publications, Inc, Newbury Park, CA1990
- Tisdale K. What happens when researchers inquire into difficult emotions?: Reflections on studying women's anger through qualitative interviews.Educ Psychol. 2002; 37 (Accessed August 5, 2014): 113-123
Collaborative Institutional Training Initiative website. https://www.citiprogram.org. Accessed August 5, 2014.
- Qualitative Research & Evaluation Methods.Sage Publications, Inc., Thousand Oaks, CA2002
- Understanding phenomenology: The lived experience.Br J Midwifery. 2008; 16: 308-311
- Considerations of quality in phenomenographic research.IJQM. 2010; 9 (Accessed August 5, 2014): 305-319
- Understanding phenomenology.Nurse Res. 2010; 17 (Accessed August 5, 2014): 7-15
- Selecting and applying taxonomies for learning outcomes: A nursing example.Int J Nurs Educ Scholarsh. 2006; 3: 1-14
- Nutrition care for individuals and groups (50%).in: Hess M.A. Review of Dietetics Manual for the Registered Dietitian Exam. Hess & Hunt, Inc, Wilmette, IL2011: 175-176
- Nutrition and Diet Therapy.11th ed. The Macmillan Company, New York, NY1957
- “Surviving” medical nutrition therapy: Utilizing popular media as an educational tool.J Am Diet Assoc. 2004; 104 (Accessed August 5, 2014): 38
- “Why do we have to memorize the dri’s?” Utilizing E-learning and case study based learning concepts in didactic courses.J Am Diet Assoc. 2004; 104 (Accessed August 5, 2014): 38
- Facilitating transdisciplinary teamwork in dietetics education: A case study approach.J Am Diet Assoc. 2004; 104 (Accessed August 5, 2014): 959-962
- Interprofessional education in undergraduate healthcare programmes: The reaction of student dietitians.J Hum Nutr Diet. 2005; 18 (Accessed August 5, 2014): 461-466
- The testing of clinical skills in dietetic students prior to entering clinical placement.J Hum Nutr Diet. 2004; 17 (Accessed August 5, 2014): 17-24
- Thinkspace technology improves critical thinking and problem solving in simulations.J Acad Nutr Diet. 2013; 113: A68
- Interprofessional education for physiotherapy, medical and dietetics students: A pilot programme.J Prim Health Care. 2013; 5: 52-58
- The use of an active learning approach to teach metabolism to students of nutrition and dietetics.Biochem Mol Biol Educ. 2013; 41: 131-138
- Preface. Clinical Nutrition Case Studies.4th ed. Thomson Wadsworth, Belmont, CA2006
- Introduction for the reader.in: Davis K.M. Applications in Medical Nutrition Therapy. 2nd ed. Prentice Hall, Inc, Englewood Cliffs, NJ1996: vii
- Medical Nutrition & Disease: A Case-Based Approach.4th ed. Wiley-Blackwell, Malden, MA2009: xii
StEP: Student Exam Prep. The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics website. http://advance.captus.com/ada/StEP/educators.aspx. Accessed August 5, 2014.
- Focusing on Active, Meaningful Learning. IDEA paper no. 34.Kansas State University, Manhattan, KS1998Accessed August 5, 2014)
- Enhancing students’ approaches to learning: The added value of gradually implementing case-based learning.Eur J Psychol Educ. 2013; 28 (Accessed August 5, 2014): 315-336
- Opening day: Getting started in a cooperative classroom.in: Herreid C.F. Start with a Story: The Case Study Method of Teaching Science. National Science Teachers Association Press, Arlington, VA2007: 71-73
- Critical thinking skills of nursing students in lecture-based teaching and case-based learning.Intl J Scholarship Teach Lear. 2011; 5 (Accessed August 5, 2014): 1-18
- A model for small-group problem-based learning in a large class facilitated by one instructor.Am J Pharm Educ. 2012; 76 (Accessed August 5, 2014): 1-6
- Effectiveness of case-based learning instruction on epistemological beliefs and attitudes toward chemistry.J Sci Educ Technol. 2011; 20 (Accessed August 5, 2014): 26-32
- Evaluating a case study using Bloom’s Taxonomy of Education.AORN J. 2008; 88 (Accessed August 5, 2014): 390-402
STATEMENT OF POTENTIAL CONFLICT OF INTEREST No potential conflict of interest was reported by the authors.
FUNDING/SUPPORT There is no funding to disclose.