Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Use of caloric and noncaloric sweeteners in US consumer packaged foods, 2005-2009.J Acad Nutr Diet. 2012; 112: 1828-1834
- Measuring the food and physical activity environments: Shaping the research agenda.Am J Prev Med. 2009; 36: S81-S85
- Farm-to-Fork Workshop on Surveillance of The US Food System 2012.National Collaborative on Childhood Obesity Research, Washington, DC2012
- Measuring Progress in Obesity Prevention: Workshop Report.Institute of Medicine, Washington, DC2012
- Food companies' calorie-reduction pledges to improve U.S. diet.Am J Prev Med. 2013; 44: 174-184
- Monitoring foods and nutrients sold and consumed in the United States: Dynamics and challenges.J Acad Nutr Diet. 2012; 112: 41-45.e44
- Recording discrepancies in Nielsen Homescan data: Are they present and do they matter?.Quant Market Econ. 2010; 8: 207-239
- Understanding differences in self-reported expenditures between household scanner data and diary survey data: A comparison of homescan and consumer expenditure survey.Rev Agr Econ. 2009; 31: 470-492
- On the Accuracy of Nielsen Homescan Data, Economic Research Report 69.Economic Research Services, US Department of Agriculture, Washington, DC2008
- Life-cycle prices and production.Am Econ Rev. 2007; 97: 1533-1559
- Code of Federal Regulations.Title 21, §101.9. Nutrition labeling of food, 1993
US Department of Agriculture, Agricultural Research Service. Composition of foods raw, processed, prepared. USDA National Nutrient Database for Standard Reference, Release 22. http://www.ars.usda.gov/SP2UserFiles/Place/12354500/Data/SR22/sr22_doc.pdf. Accessed October 7, 2014.
- Food and Nutrient Database for Dietary Studies, 4.1.Agricultural Research Service, Food Surveys Research Group, Beltsville, MD2010
- Healthy Weight Commitment Foundation, Fact Sheet.Healthy Weight Commitment Foundation, Washington, DC2010
- Food and beverage manufacturers pledging to reduce annual calories by 1.5 trillion by 2015 [press release]. Healthy Weight Commitment Foundation, Washington, DCMay 17, 2010Accessed August 1, 2013)
- Walmart launches major initiative to make food healthier and healthier food more affordable [press release]. Walmart, Washington, DCJanuary 20, 2011Accessed August 1, 2013)
- Improving Data to Analyze Food and Nutrition Policies.National Academies Press, Washington, DC2005
- Accuracy and efficiency of estimating nutrient values in commercial food products using mathematical optimization.J Food Compos Anal. 1994; 7: 223-239
- Procedures for estimating nutrient values for food composition databases.J Food Compos Anal. 1997; 10: 102-114
Supplementary materials: PowerPoint presentation available at www.andjrnl.org
STATEMENT OF POTENTIAL CONFLICT OF INTEREST No potential conflict of interest was reported by the authors.
FUNDING/SUPPORT Supported by Robert Wood Johnson Foundation (grant 70017), National Institutes of Health (R01DK098072), and Carolina Population Center (5 R24 HD050924).