- Lopez-Romero P.
- Pichardo-Ontiveros E.
- Avila-Nava A.
- et al.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- The effect of nopal (Opuntia ficus indica) on postprandial blood glucose, incretins, and antioxidant activity in Mexican patients with type 2 diabetes after consumption of two different composition breakfasts [published online ahead of print August 12, 2014].J Acad Nutr Diet. 2014; 114 (http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jand.2014.06.352): 1811-1818
- Chemical analysis of nutritional content of prickly pads (Opuntia ficus indica) at varied ages by organic harvest.Int J Environ Res Public Health. 2011; 8: 1287-1295
- Ethnic differences in complementary and alternative medicine use among patients with diabetes.Complement Ther Med. 2010; 18: 241-248
- Dietary patterns in Mexican adults are associated with risk of being overweight or obese.J Nutr. 2010; 140: 1869-1873
- The relation of acculturation to overweight, obesity, pre-diabetes and diabetes among U.S. Mexican-American women and men.Ethn Dis. 2012; 22: 58-64
- Preparing dietetics practitioners to effectively serve the Hispanic population.J Am Diet Assoc. 2011; 111: 359-364
- Biofunctional activity of tortillas and bars enhanced with nopal. Preliminary assessment of functional effect after intake on the oxidative status in healthy volunteers.Chem Cent J. 2011; 5: 10
- Development of a locally sustainable functional food based on mutandabota, a traditional food in southern Africa.J Dairy Sci. 2014; 97: 2591-2599
Aquilera-Barreiro M, Rivera-Márquez JA, Trujillo-Arriaga HM, Tamayo y Orozo JA, Barreira-Mercado E, Rodriguez-Garcia ME. Intake of dehydrated nopal (Opuntia ficus indica) improves bone mineral density and calciuria in adult Mexican women [published online May 21, 2013]. Food Nutr Res. 2013. doi:10.3402.fnr.v57i0.19106.
- Popular ethnic foods in the United States: A historical and safety perspective.Compreh Rev Food Sci Food Safety. 2013; 13: 2-17
- Traditional cheeses: Rich and diverse microbiota with associated benefits.Int J Food Microbiol. 2014; 177: 136-154
- The global diversity of eating patterns: Human nutritional health in comparative perspective.Physiol Behav. 2014; 134 ([published online ahead of print March 5, 2014]) (http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.physbeh.2014.02.050): 5-14
- Differences in diet pattern adherence by nativity and duration in the US residence in the Mexican-American population.J Am Diet Assoc. 2011; 111: 1563-1568
- Traditional foods and practices of Spanish-speaking Latina mothers influence the home food environment: Implications for future interventions.J Am Diet Assoc. 2011; 111: 1031-1038
- Sensory education program development, application, and its therapeutic effect in children.Nutr Res Pract. 2014; 8: 112-119
Watman M. Learning to cook as the Romans do. The Wall Street Journal, Feb 1-2, 2014, C8.
- The Lost Art of Feeding Kids.Beacon Press, Boston, MA2014
- Reverse acculturation: A new cultural phenomenon examined through emerging wedding practice of Korean Americans in the United States.Fam Consum Sci Res J. 2009; 37: 359-375
- Cultural shock, acculturation and reverse acculturation: The case of Mexican citizens traveling to and back from China and their competitiveness level.Global Conference on Business & Finance Proceedings. 2014; 9: 658-664
- Habitual diets rich in dark-green vegetables are associated with an increased response to ω-3 fatty acid supplementation in Americans with African ancestry.J Nutr. 2014; 144: 123-131
- Locally harvested foods support serum 25-hydroxyvitamin D sufficiency in an indigenous population of western Alaska [published online March 20, 2014].Int J Circumpolar Health. 2014; (doi:10.3402/ijch.v73.22732)
- Supplementation with cactus pear (Opuntia ficus-indica) fruit decreases oxidative stress in healthy humans: A comparative study with vitamin C.Am J Clin Nutr. 2004; 80: 391-395
STATEMENT OF POTENTIAL CONFLICT OF INTEREST No potential conflict of interest was reported by the author.
FUNDING/SUPPORT There is no funding to disclose.