Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- The implications of maternal overweight and obesity on the course of pregnancy and birth outcomes.Matern Child Health J. 2006; 10: S153-S156
Socialstyrelsen. [The National Board of Health and Welfare.] Folkhälsorapporten [National Health Report] 2005. Stockholm, Sweden: Edita Norstedts Tryckeri; 2005 (in Swedish).
- Do the changes in energy balance that occur during pregnancy predispose parous women to obesity?.Nutr Res Rev. 1997; 10: 57-81
- Epidemiology of gestational weight gain and body weight changes after pregnancy.Epidemiol Rev. 2000; 22: 261-274
- Pregnancy as a risk factor for obesity—Lessons from the Stockholm Pregnancy and Weight Development Study.Obes Res. 1995; 3: S267-S275
- The role of postpartum weight retention in obesity among women: A review of the evidence.Ann Behav Med. 2003; 26: 149-159
- Multiparity is associated with high motivation to change diet among overweight and obese postpartum women.Womens Health Issues. 2010; 20: 133-138
- Energy requirements during pregnancy and lactation.Public Health Nutr. 2005; 8: 1010-1027
- Human energy requirements.in: Report of a Joint FAO/WHO/UNU Expert Consultation. FAO Food and Nutrition Technical Report Series, Rome, Italy2001
- Weight Gain During Pregnancy: Reexamining the Guidelines.National Academies Press, Washington, DC2009
- Advice About Food During Breastfeeding.(in Swedish) Livsmedelsverket, Uppsala2011
- Nordic Nutrition Recommendations 2004. Integrating Nutrition and Physical Activity.Copenhagen: Norden, 2004
- Diet and exercise weight-loss trial in lactating overweight and obese women.Am J Clin Nutr. 2012; 96: 698-705
- Statistikrapport 2012:01 Consumption of Foods and Nutritive Values, Data Up to 2010.Jordbruksverket, Jönköping, Sweden2012
- Is milk production impaired by dieting during lactation?.Am J Clin Nutr. 1994; 59: 833-840
- Self-selected diets of lactating women often fail to meet dietary recommendations.J Am Diet Assoc. 1998; 98: 297-302
- The effects of dieting on food and nutrient intake of lactating women.J Am Diet Assoc. 2006; 106: 908-912
- Diet or exercise, or both, for weight reduction in women after childbirth.Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2013 Jul 23; 7: CD005627
- Techniques for the study of energy balance in man.Proc Nutr Soc. 2003; 62: 529-537
- Guidelines of the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists for exercise during pregnancy and the postpartum period.Br J Sports Med. 2003; 37: 6-12
Livsmedelsverket. Riksmaten-vuxna 2010-11. Livsmedels-och näringsintag bland vuxna i Sverige. 2012. http://www.slv.se/upload/dokument/rapporter/mat_naring/2012/riksmaten_2010_2011.pdf. Accessed May 12, 2014.
- The effect of weight loss in overweight, lactation women on the growth of their infants.N Engl J Med. 2000; 342: 449-453
- Use of MyPyramid Menu Planner for Moms in a weight-loss intervention during lactation.J Acad Nutr Diet. 2012; 112: 553-558
- Active mothers postpartum: A randomized controlled weight-loss intervention trial.Am J Prev Med. 2009; 37: 173-180
- Total energy expenditure of healthy Swedish women during pregnancy and lactation.Am J Clin Nutr. 1992; 56: 334-342
- Accuracy of weighed dietary records in studies of diet and health.BMJ. 1990; 300: 708-712
- Impact of physical activity during pregnancy and postpartum on chronic disease risk.Med Sci Sports Exerc. 2006; 38: 989-1006
- Effects of short-term caloric restriction on lactational performance of well-nourished women.Acta Paediatr Scand. 1986; 75: 222-229
- Randomized trial of the short-term effects of dieting compared with dieting plus aerobic exercise on lactation performance.Am J Clin Nutr. 1999; 69: 959-967
- Diet quality and weight change among overweight and obese postpartum women enrolled in a behavioral intervention program.J Acad Nutr Diet. 2013; 113: 54-62
ClinicalTrials.gov ID: NCT01343238.
STATEMENT OF POTENTIAL CONFLICT OF INTEREST No potential conflict of interest was reported by the authors.
FUNDING/SUPPORT The Swedish Research Council (Project grant: K2009-70X-21091-01-3). Swedish Council for Working Life and Social Research (Project grant: 2006-0339).
ClinicalTrials.gov ID: NCT01343238.