Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Dietary Guidelines for Americans, 2010.US Government Printing Office, Washington, DCDecember 2010
- Trends in snacking among US children.Health Aff (Millwood). 2010; 29: 398-404
- Increasing caloric contribution from sugar-sweetened beverages and 100% fruit juices among US children and adolescents, 1988-2004.Pediatrics. 2008; 121: E1604-E1614
- Diet quality and academic performance.J Sch Health. 2008; 78: 209-215
- Relation between consumption of sugar-sweetened drinks and childhood obesity: A prospective, observational analysis.Lancet. 2001; 357: 505-508
- Fruit, vegetables, and antioxidants in childhood and risk of adult cancer: The Boyd Orr cohort.J Epidemiol Community Health. 2003; 57: 218-225
- Prevalence of high body mass index in US children and adolescents, 2007-2008.JAMA. 2010; 303: 242-249
- Addressing the epidemic of childhood obesity through school-based interventions: What has been done and where do we go from here?.J Law Med Ethics. 2007; 35: 113-130
Healthy, Hunger Free Kids Act of 2010, Pub. L. No. 111-296, 243, 124 Stat. 3183, 3236-3238.
- Diet Quality of American School-Age Children by School Lunch Status: Data from The National Health And Nutrition Examination Survey, 1994-2004.US Department of Agriculture, Food and Nutrition Service, Office of Research Nutrition and Analysis, Alexandria, VA2008
- School food environments and practices affect dietary behaviors of US public school children.J Am Diet Assoc. 2009; 109: S91-S107
- Nutrition Standards in the National School Lunch and School Breakfast Programs. 7 CFR Parts 210 and 220.Fed Reg. 2012; 77: 4088-4167
US Department of Agriculture, Food and Nutrition Service. Child Care Meal Pattern: Snacks. 2010. http://www.fns.usda.gov/cnd/care/ProgramBasics/Meals/Child_Meals.pdf. Accessed January 15, 2013.
National Institutes of Health. NIH Policy on Reporting Race and Ethnicity Data: Subjects in Clinical Research. 2001. http://grants.nih.gov/grants/guide/notice-files/not-od-01-053.html. Accessed February 2, 2013.
- Lunchbox contents of Australian school children: Room for improvement.Eur J Clin Nutr. 2005; 59: 1310-1316
- Development and reproducibility of a tool to assess school food-purchasing practices and lifestyle habits of Australian primary school-aged children.Nutr Diet. 2007; 64: 86-92
- Calibration and reliability of a school food checklist: A new tool for assessing school food and beverage consumption.Asia Pac J Clin Nutr. 2006; 15: 465-473
- Reliability of the school food checklist for in-school audits and photograph analysis of children's packed lunches.J Hum Nutr Diet. 2010; 23: 48-53
- Digital photography as a tool to measure school cafeteria consumption.J Sch Health. 2008; 78: 432-437
- Reliability of the School Food Checklist for in-school audits and photograph analysis of children's packed lunches.J Hum Nutr Diet. 2010; 23: 48-53
- Nutritional quality of reimbursable school lunches compared to lunches brought from home in elementary schools from two Southeastern Michigan Districts.J Child Nutr Manage. 2001; 25: 13-18
- Higher quality intake from school lunch meals compared with bagged lunches.Infant Child Adolesc Nutr. 2011; 3: 70-75
- Nutritional quality of the diets of US public school children and the role of the school meal programs.J Am Diet Assoc. 2009; 109: S44-S56
- Consumption of low-nutrient, energy-dense foods and beverages at school, home, and other locations among school lunch participants and nonparticipants.J Am Diet Assoc. 2009; 109: S79-S90
- School lunches and lunches brought from home: A compartive analysis.Child Obes. 2012; 8: 364-368
- The Third School Nutrition Dietary Assessment Study: Summary and Implications.J Am Diet Assoc. 2009; 109: S129-S135
- Nutritional quality of children's school lunches: Differences according to food source.Public Health Nutr. 2012; 15: 2259-2264
- A comparison of British school meals and packed lunches from 1990 to 2007: Meta-analysis by lunch type.Br J Nutr. 2010; 104: 474-487
- A cross-sectional survey of children's packed lunches in the UK: Food- and nutrient-based results.J Epidemiol Community Health. 2010; 64: 977-983
STATEMENT OF POTENTIAL CONFLICT OF INTEREST No potential conflict of interest was reported by the authors.
FUNDING/SUPPORT This work was supported by Award Number R01HD065888 from the Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health & Human Development and by the Boston Nutrition Obesity Research Center ( DK046200 ).